PDA

View Full Version : confused about exp stealing weapons

cHaOsMaZtA
Jan 3, 2004, 11:24 PM
I been using this way of level upping with my racaseal for a while. you go to a mothvist kill all the mothverts and use some type of exp stealing mech gun. Now, i own a master repeaters with 35% hit and a king vulcan with 0% anything. But for some reason they both steal 26 exp per bullet from the mothivst. So i just used the repeater cause it had hit. Today i came up with the great idea to do the same thing on a mil lily (cause rare monsters give more exp so you would get more exp per bullet). I went into the caves to see if i could steal exp from an ob lily without megid gettin shot at me. It worked, except for some reason i was still only gettin 26 exp per bullet, even though ob lilys give more exp than mothvists. Then an even wierder thing happened. I decided i would level up on the mothvist with my fonewearl. when i went to the mothvist, with my master repeaters, i only stole 6 exp per bullet. That doesnt make any sense. Could anybody explain any of this to me??

Rep0
Jan 3, 2004, 11:30 PM
Droids get more EXP per hit

Lone_HUmar
Jan 3, 2004, 11:41 PM
Master- Steals less 2nd rank in exp stealing

King- Steals Most 1rst rank in exp stealing

if that wasn't the problem, the higher the level, the more exp. it steals.

cHaOsMaZtA
Jan 4, 2004, 12:07 AM
I didn't know that droids get more xp per hit. Are you sure about that?? My RAcaseal was stealing 26 xp, my FOnewearl was stealing 6 xp. Thats a BIG difference

Also, my kings vulcans, and masters repeaters were stealing THE SAME AMOUT OF XP!!

I positive that it doesn't matter what level you are because as i leveled up i would begin to steal more xp.

Could someone who is very wise in the ways of PSO come explain this?? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif I'm lost, confused, and utterly doomed (well, it not quit that bad).

Neifan
Jan 4, 2004, 12:45 AM
If I understand it correctly, there's a limit to how much you can steal, depending on what difficulty you're playing on. Also, mechguns, because of the high number of hits, will steal less per hit than other weapons. Try using a King's Raygun or something, and see if you can steal more per hit.

Aziangangster
Jan 4, 2004, 12:51 AM
On 2004-01-03 20:30, Rep0 wrote:
Droids get more EXP per hit

Oh i neva knew that.Cause my friends kept stealing 80exp per hit and i was only stealing 43.Thx alot

Soukosa
Jan 4, 2004, 02:37 AM
On 2004-01-03 20:24, cHaOsMaZtA wrote:
It worked, except for some reason i was still only gettin 26 exp per bullet, even though ob lilys give more exp than mothvists.

It steals from the amount of experience the enemy, not how much you get when you kill it.

Mixfortune
Jan 4, 2004, 03:58 AM
It steals a percentage of it's exp, to a maximum based on difficulty. Not sure, but it seems like some weapons (like God Hand) surpass this by a bit somehow.

VulpesMundi
Jan 4, 2004, 05:52 AM
I did some testing on this issue a few days ago and can explain a few different things with examples.

The following tests were performed in offline multi-player Ultimate against a Bartle...

Droids:
- King's Gladius, King's Raygun, King's Laser, ANCIENT SABER, DURANDAL, FLIGHT FAN stole 80 exp per hit.
- King's Calibur, King's Ripper, King's Gungnir stole 40 exp per hit.
- King's Diska, King's Vulcan, King's Arms, FINAL IMPACT stole stole 26 exp per hit.

Non-droids:
- King's Gladius, King's Raygun, King's Laser, King's Club, King's Striker, King's Scepter, ANCIENT SABER stole 32 exp per hit.
- DURANDAL, FLIGHT FAN stole 27 exp per hit.
- King's Calibur, King's Ripper, King's Gungnir stole 16 exp per hit.
- King's Diska, King's Vulcan, King's Arms stole 10 exp per hit.
- FINAL IMPACT stole 8 exp per hit.

What does this all mean?
- Single-hit weapons (saber, handgun, rifle, cane, rod, wand) can steal up to 80 exp on Ult.
- Dual-hit/Wide-hit weapons (sword, dagger, partisan) can steal up to 40 exp on Ult.
- Multi-hit weapons (slicer, mechgun, shotgun) can steal up to 26 exp on Ult.
- The DURANDAL, FLIGHT FAN, and FINAL IMPACT all have Lord's as their special. The Flight Fan says it steals 12% (King's), but this is incorrect.
- The FLIGHT FAN's special is treated as if the weapon was a single-hit weapon (unique among slicers).
- The ANCIENT SABER appears to have a glitch that allows its special attack (and only its special) to strike at rifle range with no visible projectile.
- Droids appear to steal roughly half of an enemy's exp worth (up to the maximum of 80) on Ultimate with a single-hit weapon, regardless of the special type on the weapon.

* Please feel free to test and report your data if you like for any of the S-rank weapons using a King's special. Particularly those not of the basic 12 weapon classes.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VulpesMundi on 2004-01-04 03:04 ]</font>

Butoden
Jan 4, 2004, 07:48 AM
I also thought this was level-based but I guess this proved me wrong http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif
That's also why my HUcast would steal more exp with the same weapon than my RAmar! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Skorpius
Jan 4, 2004, 10:50 AM
- The ANCIENT SABER appears to have a glitch that allows its special attack (and only its special) to strike at rifle range with no visible projectile.
not a glitch, DEMONIC FORK has the same type of special attack, a long range, EXP stealing attack with noe projectile.

Zinger314
Jan 4, 2004, 11:18 AM
Vulpes, did you try those tests with any S-Ranks?

Soukosa
Jan 4, 2004, 12:33 PM
I did some tests a bit ago with exp stealing specials. The tests were done on Bartles in offline Multi. The first number is with a RAmarl and the second one is with a RAcaseal.

King's Arms: 8/26
Final Impact: 8/26
S-Rank Needle: 32/80
King's Vulcan: 10/26
S-Rank Bazooka: 32/80

VulpesMundi
Jan 4, 2004, 03:47 PM
No, I didn't try any S-ranks. I didn't want to waste PDs on a special I'm not likely to use. But I'm intruiged by Sounomi's data (thank you) and what Excecutor and I were talking about on AIM the other day. Basically it looks like all the S-rank weapons are going to be like the FLIGHT FAN, in that their King's is treated as if it was a single-target (even if it hits multiple targets, like the Needle).

cHaOsMaZtA
Jan 4, 2004, 04:21 PM
How come non-droids got so ripped off?? I mean, droids get 80 xp with single hit weapons, but non-droids only get 32? Thats less than half. Also, the special doesn't matter for droids?? Thats not fair for non-droids!! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_mad.gif http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Nessness
Jan 5, 2004, 01:45 AM
Well, droids can't use Rafoie and other spells to very suddenly score a hit on every enemy in a room, which seems to be a big deal online. Maybe it's only fair.

Jazhara
Jan 5, 2004, 06:00 AM
S-Rank mechs steal 80 EXP per bullet, so 720 exp on a volley with 9 hits.

KingChaos
Jan 5, 2004, 06:54 AM
On 2004-01-04 22:45, Nessness wrote:
Well, droids can't use Rafoie and other spells to very suddenly score a hit on every enemy in a room, which seems to be a big deal online. Maybe it's only fair.

well for rangers they can just get shots or a spread needle

cHaOsMaZtA
Jan 5, 2004, 10:56 PM
well im offline so using rafoie to automatically tag every enemy isnt a big deal for me. oh well. ill just use those weapons to lvl up wtih my androids, unless i can find a fast to use xp stealing weps with humans and newmans.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: cHaOsMaZtA on 2004-01-05 19:57 ]</font>