PDA

View Full Version : Past PSOs...

Nazo
Jan 4, 2004, 10:56 AM
Just some crazy stuff I wondered about at 1 am in insomnia...

1) PSO I & II being "episodes", does this mean that this happened before the other dreamcast (or w/e) consoles, like with Nei?

2) Are there mentions of people like Rico, Flowen, or even Dark Falz/Olga? If so, are they connected with Ep I & II?

3) So is there an overall "flow" of the story, or are they just scattered occurences throughout the PSO universe?

4) Back in summer of 2003, we discussed about the possible storyline between Ep I & II, e.g. the fate of Rico and Flowen. But now I'm starting to wonder if anything is connecting..

God Darned Insomnia!

Butoden
Jan 4, 2004, 02:33 PM
There's been a Phantasy Star Series before PSO, it had Dark Falz, Rappies, Newmans and indeed Nei. I think you can still play those old games on your PC trough Emulation.

rena-ko
Jan 4, 2004, 03:04 PM
or buy PS collection for GBA. sadly, part 4 is not in that collection but still...

or you visit this nifty page:
http://pscave.com/index2.html

or this for guidance:
http://www.phantasy-star.net/

kitomaka_ck
Jan 4, 2004, 03:09 PM
it all flows together.

Toruxxx
Jan 4, 2004, 03:34 PM
u can buy remakes of phantasy star for the ps2 i know they are out in japan for it but not sure when the are coming out in the US ive heard it will be the first quarter 2004.

so u can play em on ps2 so u can get the story line.

JohanCC
Jan 4, 2004, 07:29 PM
On 2004-01-04 07:56, Nazo wrote:
Just some crazy stuff I wondered about at 1 am in insomnia...

1) PSO I & II being "episodes", does this mean that this happened before the other dreamcast (or w/e) consoles, like with Nei?

Episode 1 is the DC version story, and Episode 2 is the storyline afterwards. They supposidly aren't connected with the origonal Phantasy Star series, but they do take place in the same Universe.

2) Are there mentions of people like Rico, Flowen, or even Dark Falz/Olga? If so, are they connected with Ep I & II?

Yes, all along Episode 1, you are finding messages that Rico left behind, telling the story. Flowen does the same through logs.

3) So is there an overall "flow" of the story, or are they just scattered occurences throughout the PSO universe?

Yes, there is a main Rico/Flowen line, then there's side quets at the Hunter's Guild.

4) Back in summer of 2003, we discussed about the possible storyline between Ep I & II, e.g. the fate of Rico and Flowen. But now I'm starting to wonder if anything is connecting..

Flowen was Rico's mentor and made the Red Weps for her. There is more, but I don't feel like explaining right now.