PDA

View Full Version : PSO Plus?

Kraida
Jan 4, 2004, 02:34 PM
Hi guys. Anyone know if PSO Plus is coming out in Europe? I read somewhere it's being released in the states. What about us old Brits?

Lone_HUmar
Jan 4, 2004, 02:42 PM
I've Heard It's only being Shipped in U.S. And Japan, That's just what i've heard.

Jack
Jan 4, 2004, 02:52 PM
There's been no official word on any release other than the Japanese one.

Zaneatron
Jan 4, 2004, 02:53 PM
If its getting a realease in the US as well that increases the likelyhood of it getting a European release, seeing it would be somewhat unfair to leave us out because were europe. I think it has a reasonable chance making it here. no guarentees though.

but if your me you dont have to worry seeing I have the Japanese Import http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Lone_HUmar
Jan 4, 2004, 02:55 PM
On 2004-01-04 11:52, Jack wrote:
There's been no official word on any release other than the Japanese one.

well, I thought some people said it would come with PSO 3 is that true?

Zaneatron
Jan 4, 2004, 03:10 PM
It was released as a trilogy with Ep3. so if that the case, its likely it could be sold as a trilogy elsewhere (basically: Ep1&2+ and EP3 Boxset)

Jack
Jan 4, 2004, 05:34 PM
It was released as part of a limited edition boxset in Japan, if that's what you mean. It's not given away with every copy of Episode III.

Zaneatron
Jan 4, 2004, 06:08 PM
i know, its like a 24 boxset, theyre not going to give away the 1st season with the 2nd, thats 18 hours of TV!!!

im not implying there going to give it away. i think what im saying is, if PSO+ is sold in europe the triology set could also be a possability, why not. if they sweeten the deal, maybe more customers. not to say it would be cheap, but maybe 5 quid cheaper if you get the boxset. as in 40 quid seperately, or 75 for the boxset. youve got to make it worth their while. and would be a bonus for those whom are PSO-less at the moment.

i kinda just got what you meant. no it can be bought seperately in Japan, its not exclusive to the boxset. the boxset is just a more collectable purchase.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zaneatron on 2004-01-04 15:11 ]</font>

Coxy
Jan 5, 2004, 03:26 AM
On 2004-01-04 15:08, Zaneatron wrote:

im not implying there going to give it away. i think what im saying is, if PSO+ is sold in europe the triology set could also be a possability, why not. if they sweeten the deal, maybe more customers. not to say it would be cheap, but maybe 5 quid cheaper if you get the boxset. as in 40 quid seperately, or 75 for the boxset. youve got to make it worth their while. and would be a bonus for those whom are PSO-less at the moment

What are you talking about, jeez 75 for a new game and just a few updates to one you probably already have, listen to what you are saying, it's insane

Think about it, you can get grand theft auto 3 and vice city as double pack from amazon for only 29.99 or ?39.99 in places like Game

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0000DG2T8/ref=br_vg_h__ts_1//202-3560702-1133414

Edit - Why is it turning my pound signs into question marks????

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Coxy on 2004-01-05 00:30 ]</font>

Zaneatron
Jan 5, 2004, 05:37 AM
GTA is somewhat older and more popular, so they dont have to worry about a huge price tag. also neither of them being online o_O but they can be cheap because lots of people will buy it, its probably also cheap to manufacture now.
PSO is a different game, both of them will be brand new. not to say GTA isnt, but its some what more collectable as a boxset, gta is so dam popular its beyond collectable.
Mayby 75 pounds is a lot, but who said you had to buy the boxset? i was talking about the possability of the boxset appearing if PSO+ is released in europe, and its possible cost. There not going to just give one game away, thats not how it works.

oh i get it now. you thought i was saying it would cost 75 pounds for PSO+ in a fancy box. hahahahaha. dont you read anything? why would sega do that? i dont think anyone is dumb enough to buy that. maybe if there were 2 games in this boxset....maybe Episode 3? thats might make it somewhat realistic.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zaneatron on 2004-01-05 02:40 ]</font>

Coxy
Jan 5, 2004, 01:39 PM
On 2004-01-05 02:37, Zaneatron wrote:
oh i get it now. you thought i was saying it would cost 75 pounds for PSO+ in a fancy box. hahahahaha. dont you read anything? why would sega do that? i dont think anyone is dumb enough to buy that. maybe if there were 2 games in this boxset....maybe Episode 3? thats might make it somewhat realistic.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zaneatron on 2004-01-05 02:40 ]</font>

please dont tell me what you thought i was thinking because it's bullshit, i know damn well you meant both of them together. Even a child could work that out, i dont appreciate being patronised.

you do talk a load of bollocks though don't you, i mean, where have you ever seen a box set of two games for 75 quid? and as for the debate about it being a new game, well, GTA has never been on the xbox so it's also new.

taken from the GTA site

Vast, sprawling, interactive cityscapes packed with people going about their day-to-day business as well as those dedicated solely to the pursuit of crime and corruption.
Xbox Owner’s patience is rewarded by:

Vastly improved graphics including new textures, reflections and full screen Anti-Aliasing leaving a smooth and flawless looking world.

Longer drawing distances on vehicles and pedestrians and buildings meaning you can see more than ever before.

Enhanced sound including Dolby 5.1 support for the first time ever.

Create your own custom radio soundtracks to accompany your rampage.

Two award-winning Grand Theft Auto games for the price of one.

well, if they can do it, why can't sega? they did with PSO and xbox live, that sold for 40 quid, pso+ isn't a new game, only to those who are offline. so why pay full price for an update? well?

Zaneatron
Jan 5, 2004, 05:37 PM
FFS!!! thats 3 times its refreshed on me. fuck it and your stupid GTA arguement. i tried responding, but the dam thing refreshed again and again and again.

ill sum up may arguement for the 3rd time.

Microsoft>Sega

Thats about it. microsoft can throw around their money, using probably quite small profit margins. seeing GTA is popular that makes up for it. Sega cant do that, and then again dont need to because your supposed to play the game online, so you pay for HL. a year online is 72 pounds. thats almost 2 more games.

.....meh

seeing this bit should now be safe....

so why pay full price for an update?

i dont think theyre expecting old users to get it, especially if they play online. i think its aimed at new customers, so anything other than full price would be kinda stupid. ok maybe 35, but its not going to be at any for of rock bottom price.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zaneatron on 2004-01-05 14:40 ]</font>

CGoodness
Jan 5, 2004, 05:45 PM
It would be awesome if they gave away Plus with Ep. 3 if you reserved it like they do with a bunch of other games.

Zaneatron
Jan 5, 2004, 05:57 PM
i dont think sega are dumb, neither are they going to make an offer that is a good deal to existing users. if it were the case, everyone who wants Ep3 might as well preorder that and get a new and improved version of the current game their playing.
if sega were that kind they might as well make a HL fee free, then again that defeats the point of a fee :S