PDA

View Full Version : FanFic: Blood Falls, Life Passes By -ch.3-4 (The End)

shinto_kuji
Jan 4, 2004, 06:59 PM
i decided to take a hiatus from the bbb (for the two of you who read it-.-;;) to write out an idea i've had brewing in my head for awhile. a little psychotic/romance/horror story. considering my poor writing skills (its fun anyway=p) i hope it turns out ok. on to the prologue.. note that this story takes place a few years after ep2(just trying to set the date._.).

----------

PROLOGUE

----------

He could see her now, standing in the sand- the waves washing up on her bare feet, her flowing blonde hair and long, white gown blowing softly in the wind. To him, she was the definition of beautiful. To him... she was perfect. He made his way along the beach, the sand crunching under his feet with every step, the stars brilliantly shining in the sky above.

"You made it," she said as he neared her, her eyes still fixed on the coming and going of the water.

"I wouldn't miss it for the world. You know that, Sarah," came the man's response.

"Isn't it perfect?" she asked.

"What?"

"The night... the sea... everything."

"You're more beautiful then all of it put together."

She turned to him and smiled slightly, her green eyes reflecting the moon's gleam. "I didn't think you would actually come. I wasn't sure how you felt about me." Her gaze returned to watching the water... in... and out again, leaving only wet sand as proof it had been there.

"You know I love you, Sarah." His hand held her chin and he turned her face towards his. Their eyes met, signs of tears forming in her eyes.

"I love you, too."

They wrapped their arms around each other and stood there in a tight embrace. "I love you so much," he whispered into her ear. Her arms squeezed him tighter, sending warmth through his heart. They stood there like that for a few minutes before her soft voice broke the silence.

"But...,love can't last forever."

"What do you mea... ugh!" His eyes bore the look of uncertainty, of horror as red dripped from his lips. "Wh... wh... wh..." The liquid filled his mouth, his throat, his lungs.

"Love... can't last forever." She whispered quietly as she pushed his body from hers, allowing it to fall to the ground where it lay there limply- his blood staining the sand and dying the water a deep red.

She threw the blade next to his body and watched the tide slowly carry them both out to sea.

"It's so perfect..."

----------

opinions/comments wanted. (dunno if i should go with the idea^__^;)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: shinto_kuji on 2004-01-07 11:16 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: shinto_kuji on 2004-01-09 16:25 ]</font>

Sagasu
Jan 4, 2004, 07:16 PM
(>_>) (<_<) (-_-) (O.o) http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Freaky, cool, umm.... Pretty wierd, your prolouge creats a bunch of un-answered questions though, but I guess thats a good thing.

Keep going

shinto_kuji
Jan 4, 2004, 10:41 PM
decided to go ahead and do chapter 1 -.-

-----

CHAPTER 1: The Routine of Death and the Love There Is

----------

Paul lay on his bed and buried his face in the pillow as he had every night for years. Ever since he had lost her. The only girlfriend he had ever had, the only person he had ever loved had been one of those aboard Pioneer 1.

Paul himself was tall and lanky, his height giving him a slight hunch to his posture. His brown hair and brown eyes were the meaning of bland and his pale skin and overall "uncoolness" didn't help matters, either. He was always the subject of taunts and pranks by his classmates, them calling him "loser" and "retard". The latter of the two stemming from the odd twitch Paul had in his left eye, a thing that had always been there, and a thing that had always brought people to the conclusion that something wasn't right with him, that something was "wrong" in his head. The lisp he carried when he spoke only supported the claims.

But now, as he wiped the tears from his eyes, he could only think of how great and wonderful life would be if she were here. Cassandra was the only one who had never dismissed the young man, his own parents even being ones to shun him. But, she had accepted Paul, had embraced him, had given him a chance, and he had always blamed himself for her having been on Pioneer 1. He should have been with her, dying alongside her would have been infinitely better then this hell he went through every day now.

With thoughts of his former love in his mind, Paul pulled the blankets up around him and sobbed quietly as he allowed sleep to fall over him and dreams of her to encompass his mind.

-----

The door closed behind Paul as he entered the cool, empty classroom. He was always the first one to arrive, making sure that he was able to sit in the back row- the farthest away from everyone's staring looks. His parents had made him enroll in these classes, wanting him to become an official hunter so as to make something of himself. When Paul had asked why, they had answered with the exact words, "... so your not such a waste...", claiming that Ragol needed better people then him to populate itself.

Paul put away his books in his chosen desk, the one farthest to the back corner, and slumped low into it's cold, uninviting seat. His eyes travelled downward as other students filed into the room, avoiding their prying eyes, but still being able to hear their whispering comments. They didn't sit next to Paul, instead they left a one desk space between him and their seats, making his back corner desk stand out more then a front row one would have.

Paul let his mind wander during the class, not caring about what the proper way to hold a weapon was or how to expertly kill an animal. Once, during the lesson, as Paul was thinking thoughts unrelated to the material at hand, the teacher had asked him a question on photon properties, and, when Paul was unable to answer it properly, he had been called to the front of the room where the teacher made him look out at the class and read the physics of photon energy from a book, his eye twitching insistently and his lisp following every word. The students made fun of Paul the rest of the day for that, saying how he needed to learn to talk and that he belonged back on Coral to die with the planet.

Paul tried to ignore comments like these, but they only added more and more to Paul's hatred of himself. What was the point of living if noone, including yourself, wanted you to? Yet, he continued on, wanting every day to end so he could be back in his room away from people, away from himself. That's where he was headed now, along the streets of Pioneer 2. The classes had ended and he made his way "home" once more, back to the mundane routine of life.

----------

End of CHAPTER 1

----------

if you couldn't tell. that chapter was basically used to introduce who Paul is and what his life is like and how desperate he is for a reason to live. (Paul is something like the "main character")

badbitz
Jan 5, 2004, 06:27 PM
this is pretty good so far seeing how it is only the first chapter.
Keep it up -_-

shinto_kuji
Jan 7, 2004, 02:14 PM
CHAPTER 2: The Finding of a Loving Hand

----------

Paul could see her on the beach, the wind blowing her brown hair and white gown. The tide slowly washed over her bare feet, back and forth. He was nervous to approach her as he had always been, but something always made him get closer- telling him it was alright. Paul approached the beautiful Newman and she turned her head towards him, looking past the twitching eye and the pale skin and down to what mattered, and a smile spread across her face.

"I'm glad you could make it," she said.

Paul usually tried to cover the lisp as he spoke, but with her he always felt as if he didn't have to, as if it didn't matter. "I wouldn't miss it for anything, Cassandra."

Her smile grew even larger as she sat down on the smooth sand, with Paul following suit. "Isn't it so perfect?"

"What?"

"Everything..." She gently lay her head on Paul's shoulder.

"Everyone hates me, Cassandra. Everything hates me. Everything does- the stars, the water, this stupid planet." Paul could feel a tear rolling down his cheek.

Cassandra wiped it away and her eyes smiled into Paul's. "Hmm... Paul."

"Yes."

"How do you think it feels to have been made by you? To not even be sure if you have a soul... It's scary to think that I could die at any time, yet I don't know if theres anything after death for me..."

"I'm sorry..." Paul felt immediate resent for complaining about his problems when the one that he felt the most for had her own. "I'm sorry," he said again.

Cassandra smiled softly and lay her head back on Paul's shoulder. "I love you, Paul."

Paul's eye twitched nervously. "I love you, too, Cassandra."

She smiled again at Paul. "But, Paul. Love can't last forever."

"What do you mean?"

"I'm going to be leaving on Pioneer 1. It's something I have to do... I don't think you should come. It's too dangerous."

-----

Paul opened his eyes, allowing them time to adjust, and looked around at his room. The same dream as always, the same ending as always, the same feeling as always. Why couldn't he just stay in his dreams? The green walls that surrounded him now were just a reminder at how bad his life was without her, without Cassandra.

Paul dressed and went downstairs, ignoring his parents on the way, and walked through the door and out onto the streets of Pioneer 2. It disgusted Paul as he went, the same street, the same people, the same school. Always the same. Paul saw a garbage bin coming up on his right. 'Hmm, that's new,' he thought as he neared it. He stood staring at it for a few moments before he raised his books above his head and threw them in with the trash.

He then turned right on the street and headed towards the Ragol teleporter. He was going to make something new happen if something new wasn't going to happen on its own. A slight grin appeared on Paul's face as he thought of what he was going to do. Something new...

----------

End of Chapter 2

----------

hopefully i'll be able to put up a new chapter every few days or so -.^.

shinto_kuji
Jan 9, 2004, 07:06 PM
CHAPTER 3: The Meeting of Himself

----------

Paul could see the blue, pulsating teleporter ahead of him as he walked towards it. But, instead of going straight to the gateway, he stopped in a dark alleyway near it. He could see two soldiers guarding the entrance. Paul stood there in the shadows and watched the guards intently- hoping for an opportunity to use the pipe freely. His eye twitched anxiously as he patiently waited for the teleporter to be open and unguarded and, after a short time, his patience paid off as the two guards left their posts for reasons Paul did not know. But, he didn't care. He slipped quietly into the pipe and activated it- sending him through a strange black abyss surrounded by wonderful lights.

The lights ceased abruptly and Paul found himself facedown in soft, green grass. He stood up, taking a brief time to adjust from the intense lights he had experienced only moments before, and looked around at his surroundings. He was in a shadowy forested area now and was surrounded by densely packed trees and shrubs with a small creek that flowed away from Paul through the woods. He followed the flowing water, his eyes darting back and forth to take in all that he could.

He happened upon a clearing then, where the creek had formed into a small pond and there, around the pool of water, he saw small, yellow birds drinking. Paul had never seen anything like them before. He stayed hidden by the shadows- watching the animals.

Kill them.

Paul's eye twitched. He felt comforted by this new voice. He approached the yellow creatures slowly. Some he stoned with large rocks, others he choked or beat, but by the time he left the clearing all the yellow birds were either killed or dying, and the pond was stained red and the air smelt of death.

-----

A smile was set on Paul's face. He had been talking with the voice in his head for awhile, even now as he sat on the beach in the sand. He watched the water come in and out methodically.

No one should live, but you.

"You're right...," Paul mused, "That's why they all hate me, because I'm the only one that matters."

Yes. You are special, Paul. You need to be the only one.

"Yes... the only one. Everyone else deserves to die..."

That's right, Paul.

Paul's eye twitched excitedly. This voice... it understood him. "Who are you?"

I'm whoever you want me to be.

Paul twitched some more. "Cassandra..."

Yes, Paul. I am Cassandra.

The smile on Paul's face had never left, but it now grew even larger. "Cassandra..."

Yes, Paul.

"Why did you leave me? I miss you..."

I had to leave, Paul. I had to. But, I don't matter anymore. I don't matter, only you do.

"Only I matter..., but I want you here."

But, I am here with you. Just look harder. Only you matter.

Paul could see Cassandra now, in all her beauty. "I love you, Cassandra."

I love you. Your so special, Paul.

"Everyone hates me."

They don't matter, Paul. They don't deserve to live.

"What should I do?"

Kill them.

"... Kill them?"

Yes, Paul. Kill them. They don't deserve to live.

"But, how do I kill them? There's too many... too many."

Your special, Paul. They don't matter, only you do.

"Maybe. Maybe if I get help..."

I'm here to help you, Paul. You don't need anyone else. Your alone, Paul. Your special.

"How do I kill them?"

Use their own weapons against them. The blades, many blades.

"Yes, blades..."

Good, Paul. But, let's wait here for awhile.

"Yes, wait... I like the beach. It's pretty."

Yes, Paul. It's pretty. So are you. Your special.

Paul sat there by the water for awhile before the sun finally fell and he made his way home. When he reached the small building, he went inside and up the stairs. He entered his room and whispered softly, "I'm special," before closing his eyes and drifting off to sleep.

shinto_kuji
Jan 9, 2004, 07:23 PM
CHAPTER 4: The Conclusion

----------

Paul lifted his eyelids slowly and looked around him. His room, as always. "I'm special," he said quietly. Cassandra sat on the edge of his bed smiling.

It is time to be special, Paul. Let us go outside.

"O.K... I want to go now."

Paul left his small, cramped room and the small, cramped building out into the aura of Pioneer 2. "Where do I start?"

It doesn't matter.

Paul grinned and went back inside his apartment. He emerged minutes later with death following him.

It has begun.

Paul slowly made his way down the street. He removed the blade from his pocket and drove it into a small child. The tiny body slumped to the ground and Paul continued on. He thrust it into a woman, a man, a dog. He continued on with blood-stained hands. He could hear screams behind him, but he didn't care. He didn't care.

Your so special, Paul.

Paul's eye twitched and he smiled wildly. The knife was flung out some more, another woman, her husband, a Newman woman. They all fell to the ground- their life marking it.

"Stay right there! You... you monster!" a voice cried out behind Paul.

Paul turned around and looked at the man. He was chubby and bald, but he had a pistol trained on Paul.

"Don't move or I'll shoot!" The man shook nervously.

Your so special, Paul.

"I'm special."

"W... what? The man began to sweat.

Paul advanced towards the man- his lanky body wobbling slightly.

"Stay right there!" the man cried.

Your so special, Paul

Paul kept walking and, nervously closing his eyes, the man fired. Paul staggered backwards. He could feel the pain, but in a sense he didn't believe it was him that was bleeding. He looked at his hand covered in red and his eye twitched. "Cassandra..." The voice was gone now, replaced by the silence of Paul's scared mind. His legs hit the railing of Pioneer 2 and he wobbled back and forth before he fell over the edge and down to the planet below.

Paul was dead long before his lungs filled with liquid. His body drifted through the water and bobbed up and down. The tide slowly carried him out to sea.

-----

I believe that imagination is stronger than knowledge, that myth is more potent than history. I believe that dreams are more powerful than facts, that hope always triumphs over experience, that laughter is the only cure for grief. And I believe that love is stronger than Death.

-From The Crow

----------

THE END

----------

I hope everyone understood the purpose of everything, including the prologue.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: shinto_kuji on 2004-01-09 16:38 ]</font>

Sord
Jan 9, 2004, 07:35 PM
philosophy...good topic for a fic in my opinion

Sord
Jan 9, 2004, 08:00 PM
If people become to crazed or depressed, thier imagination tries to do something to make up for it. In this case Paul made a serperate mind for himself. Thatt's what i think the point is.