PDA

View Full Version : FanArt: DS (for Robo47)

ladyjaderiver
Jan 4, 2004, 11:05 PM
Okies, here she is. Sorry for those that I put on hold to do this - but I got the idea for it right away. As soon as I looked at her description, I had to draw her.

http://www.freewebs.com/laluna/DS.JPG

Sorry, Robo... I would've PMed it to you as well, but I have to get to bed...

Robo47
Jan 4, 2004, 11:08 PM
Seems rushed... where's her evil-ness?
still good though. did you even see my request for her? the pose I wanted?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Robo47 on 2004-01-04 20:13 ]</font>

KaFKa
Jan 4, 2004, 11:33 PM
in and of itself, its great, jade.

but she doesen't look evil, sadistic, anything like that.

(oh, one minor thing: her right breast seems offset or something. for me to notice, its painfully obvious)

navci
Jan 5, 2004, 12:17 AM
.... For some reason. She reminds me of the check room girl. Only that, well she is wearing black. Hehe

(yes.... on Kafka's breast thing, it does seem to stick out... )

dablacksephiroth
Jan 5, 2004, 05:58 AM
XD

Rushed indeed.... but ya've got to give her credit for a great job well done.

I mean, she has this unanimously bunch of things that she has to accomplish, day by day. Requests, school stuff, etc....

*thumbs up*

Problem is, you've already gave yourself a good reputation, might not wanna add any more rushed art work, for say. Ne?

Ja ne!

ladyjaderiver
Jan 5, 2004, 10:25 AM
Gods forbid I should ever do anything non-stereotypical. I didn't draw her as a big breasted, slutty, narrow eyed villainess because that's why most artists do, and I want to do something that you don't see every day. But since everyone hates it (except me, of course), I'm redoing it. I'll delete this post when I get on tonight after school, so no one has to see it again.

BTW, the problem with her breast is just my pencils being evil... I was trying to get a lighting from the side type effect, and my pencils just went all streaky and decided not to do it. I think they're protesting because I've been using them so much lately. Hehe.

Just a note for everyone, you never want to get powdered gesso up your nose. *sneezes for the millionth time*

Sagasu
Jan 5, 2004, 10:36 AM
No trace of e-vil on that face http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

But still, it's really good picture, especially under circumstances. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Hikara
Jan 5, 2004, 12:07 PM
Hey, don't delete it, just post another one up! Some other people (writers especially *cough cough*) might be able to use the "out of place" drawing! Keep it up! I'll use it sometime!

With... your permission, of course...

Relam
Jan 5, 2004, 01:27 PM
On 2004-01-05 07:25, ladyjaderiver wrote:
Gods forbid I should ever do anything non-stereotypical. I didn't draw her as a big breasted, slutty, narrow eyed villainess because that's why most artists do, and I want to do something that you don't see every day. But since everyone hates it (except me, of course), I'm redoing it. I'll delete this post when I get on tonight after school, so no one has to see it again.

LMAO, that problem plagues me all too well. I had drawn some artwork for Anime USA (this random anime convention on the east coast) and they didn't want to use my work because I had drawn their mascot as a "60 year old woman." I'm sorry, but I don't like drawing 12 year olds with triple D breasts! >_<

Anyhow, her chest looks fine. If you look closely the shadow on the underside of the right one makes it fine... Super FINE! ;P Ehem >_>; Other than that, I'd have to say that this pic reminds me of how to completely destroy a white color pencil http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif My only problems with this are the neck, or maybe neck band... And I think the eyes are a bit too close together but that's not really too important to worry about. (Seeing as how I was guilty of the same thing in earlier years, damn those slightly turned face shots)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Relam on 2004-01-05 10:30 ]</font>

Neifan
Jan 5, 2004, 01:37 PM
Don't delete the pic. It's good. It may not be exactly what Robo wanted, but that doesn't make it bad. It's good that you like to draw, and that you post it for the world to see. I wish I had the guts to post the stuff I draw. I always just hide behind the "no scanner" excuse.

navci
Jan 5, 2004, 02:46 PM

Aww Aww. Now now Jade. Don't delete anything. As long as you like your work, you shouldn't give a shit about what everyone says. Really. And I don't hate it. I think it's cool that she looks like a black checkroom girl.

I am not very good at this. Heh. Just stay put okies?

Speaking about evil. I personally like the evil people looking not evil on the first glance. Like, a chibi RAcaseal who looks so happy and innocent but is actually a killing machine. That kinda evil. Or... if you have played "Vampire Saviour" (aka Dark Stalker 3) like Bulleta (aka BB Hood).

Outright evil is... hm, *ahem* boring and predictable.

Robo47
Jan 5, 2004, 03:00 PM
Well, you don't have to get rid of it, it is good, but it needs work somewhat.

Robo47
Jan 5, 2004, 03:36 PM
On 2004-01-05 11:46, navi wrote:

Speaking about evil. I personally like the evil people looking not evil on the first glance. Like, a chibi RAcaseal who looks so happy and innocent but is actually a killing machine. That kinda evil. Or... if you have played "Vampire Saviour" (aka Dark Stalker 3) like Bulleta (aka BB Hood).

Outright evil is... hm, *ahem* boring and predictable.

Yes, but how will someone possesed by Dark Falz not look evil at anyones first glance?

If anyone is curious on how I came up with this character:

D = for Dark
S = what character do I have whose name starts with an "S"?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Robo47 on 2004-01-05 12:39 ]</font>

PhotonDrop
Jan 5, 2004, 06:02 PM
Ooh ooh! It's Stacy! OMG it's Stacy!

ladyjaderiver
Jan 5, 2004, 06:13 PM
I'm almost finished with the sketch of a better pic of her... I had forgotten that you even posted a pose that you wanted... *smacks forehead* So I bookmarked that thread. Heh.

Anyone know the character Kanoe from X/1999? That's kinda what I made her look like. *shudder* Only with shorter, not wavy hair, and dressed like a FOnewearl. I'll try to scan a pic sometime if anyone wants to see who I'm talking about...

Sord
Jan 5, 2004, 06:59 PM
Don't delet it, don't give a damn about Robo! (j/k)

ladyjaderiver
Jan 5, 2004, 07:42 PM
...I've decided to just leave it, btw. I thought about deleting it, but mostly because my sister said it was terrible, and my first impression of what everyone else said was the same general idea. But since you all got so... weird... when I said I'd take it down, it's staying.

Anyone who wants to can use it.

Skett
Jan 5, 2004, 08:51 PM
Oh, dang auto refresh.

Anyways, I'm sure the next picture will be better. I know how evil those blasted pencils can be as I used to draw as well. Good luck on the picture.

odie2088
Jan 5, 2004, 09:10 PM
one thing that annoys me. art critics. book critics. critics in general. let's see someone who criticizes the crap out of something make something better, something they'd rate higher, i mean, how can they critique something if they probably can't do better. Hi, i'm an art critic, i say your art sucks and i can do better. -scrawls stick figure- see? i can do better because i'm a critic and mine is better than your van gogh replica. SO THERE! i win because i'm a critic. that annoys me. just once, i'd like to see a critic make these "improvements" upon the art they critique. just once. and i like that drawing a lot, lol, yeah....that took a long time didnt it...the drawing i meant was ladyjaderiver's drawing, lol, just to be clear...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: odie2088 on 2004-01-05 18:12 ]</font>

The_Pew
Jan 5, 2004, 09:44 PM
tout bon(very good)

sorry wrong language

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: The_Pew on 2004-01-05 18:45 ]</font>

-Z
Jan 5, 2004, 09:48 PM
Very nice! must've missed it before, and so, my ussual seal of approval,

TehDeluxeYoink! (http://www.angelfire.lycos.com/mech/ziz/Theif2.gif)
^_^

i'd make an art request, but you probably are already swamped http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

odie2088
Jan 5, 2004, 09:49 PM
AH CRAP I FORGOT TO STEAL IT! -cries- im going to steal Mr. -Z's sato...oops...you didnt see that!

ladyjaderiver
Jan 6, 2004, 10:12 AM
Yeah, whoever it was that said something about this still taking a while was right. "It looks rushed" but it still took four days. *sigh*

BTW, I agree with the thing about critics... They usually don't have an appreciation of how much work went into something, even if it isn't a masterpiece compared to other works. The also usually can't do anything as good, which is why they're critics instead of artists, writers or actors.

KaFKa
Jan 6, 2004, 11:37 AM
On 2004-01-06 07:12, ladyjaderiver wrote:
BTW, I agree with the thing about critics... They usually don't have an appreciation of how much work went into something, even if it isn't a masterpiece compared to other works. The also usually can't do anything as good, which is why they're critics instead of artists, writers or actors.

ahem...
*points to self*

Robo47
Jan 6, 2004, 03:48 PM
On 2004-01-05 15:59, Sord wrote:
Don't delet it, don't give a damn about Robo! (j/k)

Yeah you better be joking!

BTW you spelled delete wrong.

navci
Jan 6, 2004, 04:10 PM
Yeah you better be joking!
BTW you spelled delete wrong.

Yah! It's spelled "beleted!"
(in silly mood)

odie2088
Jan 6, 2004, 08:17 PM
SOMEONE AGREES WITH ME!? A PERSON I ADMIRE FOR THEIR 1337 DRAWING SKILLETZ AGREES WITH ME!? duuuuude....woah...this is like...woah...WOAH!

dablacksephiroth
Jan 7, 2004, 05:50 PM
When it comes down to the critque thing.... or critic, or whatever...

I'm just wondering, do I even have a right to comment?

For one, I don't really like to think that I am better than anyone when it comes to artistic categories.

And, from what you guys said, if you can't do it better, you shouldn't say a thing, right?

Soooo, only those who KNOW they can draw better, should open up and say something, right? Ya know, some ppl out there DO know what they're talking about sometimes, even if they can't draw themselves.

Maybe it's their inspirations.

Most times, ppl say that other ppl's works look really sucky, because they don't know that artist's art style and stuff. And even more, most likely doesn't know the artist's intentions.

At least Jade explained what she was up to.

I've already given my comment on page 1, I'm just wondering if I should comment any more, since apparently, I don't feel as if I can do it any better....because I like to think of it as "Just as good".. I don't wanna be better, because then, me criticizing would be saying like "I'm better than you, and I know what I'm saying, and you should draw it like I say or it'll be sucky forever until it satisfies me."

(To an extent)

navci
Jan 7, 2004, 06:10 PM
I've already given my comment on page 1, I'm just wondering if I should comment any more, since apparently, I don't feel as if I can do it any better....because I like to think of it as "Just as good".. I don't wanna be better, because then, me criticizing would be saying like "I'm better than you, and I know what I'm saying, and you should draw it like I say or it'll be sucky forever until it satisfies me."

This is how I view it as a person who doodles some. (Piccilator, not artist http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif)

I personally do welcome all sorts of critiques and comments. One of the reason is that sometimes I do miss something in a picture. Like my first drawing of Nona (you can try to dig it up here) has unnaturally long thighs. I didn't realize that until my bro has pointed it out, and at that point it was already finished. Constructive criticisms help you see what doesn't look right in the picture, if you have made a boo boo somewhere. And, they might have you to see why doesn't what you're trying to get through to the audience ... erm, get through. In essnece, why the message you sent didn't get sent. (same clumsy sentence)

Of course we are talking about constructive critisim here which are comments that help you improve, rather than trying to make you feel bad for the sake of doing so. So. I think you can give you C&C as long as you are trying to help the improvement. Being the third person I believe audiences have a ... better, well or just different perspective on things. I like that. It's sometimes not about whether you can do better or not, just offering your view from a different perspective. Hm, like, you ask a child if a certain soup you cook is tasty. The child prolly can't do better, but he/she can tell you why they don't like it. (maybe!) And you get some material to work with. ...

So. I like C&C. But things like "you suck hah hah" I don't. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif My two cents.

shinto_kuji
Jan 7, 2004, 06:10 PM
i think it looks good and i don't see how someone can say it looks rushed when the artist is taking, what 4 days?, to draw something for them. i can draw (cant color though>.<), and i still dont go around saying something is bad. ladyred took her time to do a request and she gets the thumbs down? shame shame... -runs and eats ice cream, but it melts in front of the fire- doh! >.<

Robo47
Jan 7, 2004, 06:32 PM
On 2004-01-06 07:12, ladyjaderiver wrote:

Believe me, after the "drawings" I did, I can apprecitae the work that goes into every piece of work.

At the time I was very tired and I was finishing reading a fic, so I closed out the window I saw this topic and the picture wasn't exactly what I asked for, if the time was morning I would have been very glad that my request was finished, not caring whether it was what I wanted or not. But since it was night and I get very cranky when I'm tired, I was a little upset.

I am deeply sorry and I humbly beg for your forgiveness.

- The Robo in the know <- (a trademark I'm experimenting with)

ladyjaderiver
Jan 7, 2004, 08:55 PM
None of you should apologize. I hate that even worse than a critic who doesn't know what they're talking about. None of you are in that position... I guess I didn't make it clear that I was talking about professional critics, not you guys. I would not have posted my art here if I didn't want your honest opinions of it.

Sord
Jan 7, 2004, 09:15 PM
We still need critics though. They tell an artist what sells and what doesn't. If everyone followed a critic's advice you would think everything would soon be the same. That's not true though because eventually people would get bored with it and artists could then take the chance to present something old, or not widely liked, and bring it back to fashion. Then the whole process repeats over again. Of course people don't always listen to critics so it doesn't quite work out that way.

Jaks
Jan 7, 2004, 10:14 PM
Now you're spitting gibberish, be quiet now.

Robert_Wolf
Jan 8, 2004, 04:35 PM
Very nice, Jade. Thank god you don't base everything on stereotypes. Why should every evil character have to look evil? I think that those that try to appear kind and innocent (when they're not) are even more evil! Again, excellent. She is definitely hot. What? Did I say that out loud?!? I meant, uh, STOP LOOKING AT ME!

KaFKa
Jan 8, 2004, 04:48 PM
On 2004-01-07 17:55, ladyjaderiver wrote:
None of you should apologize. I hate that even worse than a critic who doesn't know what they're talking about. None of you are in that position... I guess I didn't make it clear that I was talking about professional critics, not you guys. I would not have posted my art here if I didn't want your honest opinions of it.

ahem... *points to self*

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

dablacksephiroth
Jan 9, 2004, 01:57 AM
lol@weirdguy

*points to Kafka*

Navi rules!

*plans to grow vocabulary by talking to Navi more often*

dablacksephiroth
Jan 9, 2004, 02:01 AM
Ooh! Maybe I, too, should announce something in this wonderfully populated thread.

^_^;; Guess who's got a computerrrrrrr nowwww. XD

Dablacksephiroth's on his way to the top! He can't wait to be criticized by all you lovely PSO fans! He's even got a scanner, and plans to go to his own house, after 4 weeks of being away from home, living with his friend, and see if the scanner works with his new computer.

Didn't you promise us the 2nd version of the "evil" FOnewearl, too? ^_^;;

Sord
Jan 9, 2004, 02:04 AM
looks like we'll finally be seeing some more of your artwork, lookin forward to it.

dablacksephiroth
Jan 10, 2004, 02:51 AM
XD

Where's version 2????

ladyjaderiver
Jan 10, 2004, 11:42 AM
It's not finished and my AP Drawing teacher has it. *G* We have to turn in our sketchbooks at the end of the grading period, so I won't have it back until Monday, when I'll hopefully finish that and Sord's request.

navci
Jan 10, 2004, 04:18 PM
On 2004-01-08 22:57, dablacksephiroth wrote:
lol@weirdguy

*points to Kafka*

Navi rules!

*plans to grow vocabulary by talking to Navi more often*

Huh?
*scratch head* What did I do?

Hope to see v2 soon!

Black000Moon
Jan 10, 2004, 07:59 PM

BTW, the problem with her breast is just my pencils being evil... I was trying to get a lighting from the side type effect, and my pencils just went all streaky and decided not to do it. I think they're protesting because I've been using them so much lately. Hehe.

Just a note for everyone, you never want to get powdered gesso up your nose. *sneezes for the millionth time*

slutty big breasted mmm yummy... I like it, looks cute.

Zargata
Jan 11, 2004, 02:19 AM
people......to bad people were more like satos....
I think every one is missing the point! She did the artwork, and you should be happy! Don't worrie about
what is not right about the pic, and think how the the person who drew it feels! If you don't like the pic, say thank you and go away! And then find some one else to draw the pic! In the end you don't have to say anything, its good or bad, and you pick one of the worst times to ask for a pic...school becomes a big problem for all people....a word to the wise, look into how the artist draws, see what typt of soul the put into there art...then to think, is this what I want for my pic? The end....i'm done talking....beside you dont have to listen to me! i'm just a sato.....yep a sato that gose on and on about stuff! sorry if you don't understand this....I need to go to bed......uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh coffie.........

-Zargata

Zargata
Jan 11, 2004, 02:24 AM
On 2004-01-10 23:19, Zargata wrote:
people......to bad people were more like satos....
I think every one is missing the point! She did the artwork, and you should be happy! Don't worrie about
what is not right about the pic, and think how the the person who drew it feels! If you don't like the pic, say thank you and go away! And then find some one else to draw the pic! In the end you don't have to say anything, its good or bad, and you pick one of the worst times to ask for a pic...school becomes a big problem for all people....a word to the wise, look into how the artist draws, see what typt of soul the put into there art...then to think, is this what I want for my pic? The end....i'm done talking....beside you dont have to listen to me! i'm just a sato.....yep a sato that gose on and on about stuff! sorry if you don't understand this....I need to go to bed......uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh coffie.........

-Zargata

*look back at last reply*
sorry i read the frist page THEN got mad....I just read the rest.....i wonder if this still is on the subject...JUST BE HAPPY WITH WHAT LIFE GIVES YOU!
...................there NOW it is on the subject!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zargata on 2004-01-10 23:25 ]</font>