PDA

View Full Version : can this corrupt or erase my data ???

Helco
Jan 4, 2004, 11:09 PM
ok so say im playing pso online and my aol boots me will this corrupt or erase my data from my memory card ?

VioletSkye
Jan 5, 2004, 12:53 AM
On 2004-01-04 20:09, Helco wrote:
ok so say im playing pso online and my aol boots me will this corrupt or erase my data from my memory card ?

Only if its in the middle of a save. Otherwise, you'll just get the line was disconnected error. BTW AOL dialup isn't compatible with PSO directly, you can use ICS though. Because of this, you will need the BBA and not the modem. You will also need a crossover cable.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VioletSkye on 2004-01-04 21:57 ]</font>

Rich_T
Jan 5, 2004, 02:03 PM
if you get disconected (DC'd) during saving, the save process should complete before you get DC'd in theory

Helco
Jan 5, 2004, 04:39 PM
waut u mean ics ? explain more clearly please

Rich_T
Jan 5, 2004, 05:54 PM
ICS is a internet conection sharing most P.Cs (win 98se and up) are capable of it.
AOl dial up is not compatable with PSO or much else.
this thread may be of interest to you if you are afflicted with AOL
http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=37273&forum=3&71

Vicious128
Jan 6, 2004, 11:14 PM
You can get corrupted just by entering a lobby. That's how I got corrupted. I think that I was unaware that I disconnected and while I was trying to enter the lobby (it probably saves while your bursting into the lobby, i dunno), it just freezes. Then I got that terrible message about the file being corrupted after booting back up. But that was ages ago.