PDA

View Full Version : Rumor or Fact?

ILLI
Jan 5, 2004, 11:42 AM
I hear there are some hacked tech disks out there for grants, megid, reverser, etc.. that hunters and rangers can use... anyone heard about these or seen them?

VioletSkye
Jan 5, 2004, 02:22 PM
Rumor. Its not the tech disk you would need to edit, but another game file. You would need to remove the restrictions for that char. The tech disk itself can't do that.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VioletSkye on 2004-01-05 11:23 ]</font>

ILLI
Jan 5, 2004, 02:24 PM
I understand what your saying Violet but I heard they are even 15 lv techs.. hmmm

Zarana
Jan 5, 2004, 04:02 PM
You can already find 15 Grants and Megid.

Anyway though, Violet is right. The technique disks don't have the restrictions in them, they're very one-dimensional items. The reason you can't learn them already is your character. There's nothing programmed into the disk itself saying you can't.

scmfxt
Jan 5, 2004, 05:29 PM
On 2004-01-05 13:02, Zarana wrote:
You can already find 15 Grants and Megid.

Anyway though, Violet is right. The technique disks don't have the restrictions in them, they're very one-dimensional items. The reason you can't learn them already is your character. There's nothing programmed into the disk itself saying you can't.

Hmm.. I don't think items are one-dimensional like you said. I'm sure items carry their own restriction not character. Each character already has amount of info tagging on them. Adding a list of items they can use or can't use seem *pointless* when they can program the item to only be accessible by that character. Anyways, that is how most of the old game does it. I could be wrong since ST like to do thing the hard way. Then again, maybe not since they left a lot of junks from the old version of the game.

VioletSkye
Jan 5, 2004, 06:20 PM
If you think about the GOE code for DC, it doesn't go through and change anything on the items themselves (can you imagine how huge that code would be lol.) Rather it removes the restrictions for what a char can and can't use. It would seem logical that the GC version would follow that format as well.

SpyroDi
Jan 5, 2004, 07:34 PM
The only hacked disks I know of are on the Xbox,such as Level 30 Anti,Level 30 Ryuker,Level 30 Reverser,etc.

scmfxt
Jan 5, 2004, 08:02 PM
On 2004-01-05 15:20, VioletSkye wrote:
If you think about the GOE code for DC, it doesn't go through and change anything on the items themselves (can you imagine how huge that code would be lol.) Rather it removes the restrictions for what a char can and can't use. It would seem logical that the GC version would follow that format as well.

Well, if you look at how the items are group together you'd know it's possible to mis-interperate one group of item for another. Example: If you tell the game that the weapon group is a unit group then all character would be able to equip it.

Oh well, I don't own a DC so I don't know how the code work and I'm not going into this debate either. You could be right but I'm just saying that most game tag the item who get to use it not the character. Anyways, I'll find out since I have PSO PC version to hack.. err.. play around with. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

VioletSkye
Jan 5, 2004, 08:06 PM
Heh, I have the PSO PC version also, although uninstalled atm. If you do figure out how it works, definitely let me know http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

scmfxt
Jan 5, 2004, 08:41 PM
Sure...

There's 20 bytes that hold the stats for each item whether it's a weapon, armor, mag or item. But not all item use all 20 bytes. I'm going to have fun testing these out tonight.

BogusKun
Jan 5, 2004, 08:47 PM
By using a patch in which allows a character to equip or select unselectable/limited "selections" in the game... A.K.A. God Equip...

You can not only equip any item... but you can learn any tech, or send mail to yourself... actually by sending your own card to yourself. Blocking yourself as well... which could lead to some injury when you mail yourself afterwards. All kinds of bugs not discovered in the GC version of PSO.

We all know this is to be the obvious...

That is one way for a character to learn a Technique not able to learn. Yes a HUmar could learn Megid because when learned... he still has the "limited" (only at first) to selection on his technique table...

The only characters that aren't allowed to learn techniques without the patches are Androids... in which case, would need serious hacking and reverse engineering to be able to perform such actions.

ILLI
Jan 6, 2004, 08:41 AM
HEHE... what have I started??.. now scmfxt will have a code or tech disks out in a week lol..

no i honestly think the tech disks are already out there.. just the person that made them is keeping them on the hush..

scmfxt
Jan 6, 2004, 08:50 AM
On 2004-01-06 05:41, ILLI wrote:
HEHE... what have I started??.. now scmfxt will have a code or tech disks out in a week lol..

no i honestly think the tech disks are already out there.. just the person that made them is keeping them on the hush..

I don't need to do all that hacking.. In fact I already have a Humar that can use all tech.. Check the pic..

http://forums.dxbnet.net/screenshots/[92]snapshot_060104_022735.gif

ILLI
Jan 6, 2004, 08:52 AM
so no techs for GC users eh??.. thanks scmfxt
http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

BrokenHope
Jan 6, 2004, 06:24 PM
On 2004-01-06 05:52, ILLI wrote:

scmfxt didn't put those techs on his humar, someone else did and it wasn't by hacking tech disks, it was by patching his character to have those techs.

scmfxt
Jan 6, 2004, 08:54 PM
On 2004-01-06 15:24, Broken Hope wrote:

On 2004-01-06 05:52, ILLI wrote:

scmfxt didn't put those techs on his humar, someone else did and it wasn't by hacking tech disks, it was by patching his character to have those techs.

You are wrong on both accounts. I did the hack and discover how lazy ST did on their programming. A lot of NPC characters have item equipped that is not suitable for their class. Do you remember those NPC? With the new AR code that Soulja and I made we were able to play as NPC character in the quest. So whatever item that character had on him/her I can take/steal it. Also if i decide to keep him/her as my own character I would be able to use all lvl 1 tech no matter what class he/she is (except droid). I should become the Rappy Man from "Fake in Yellow" quest.. lol

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: scmfxt on 2004-01-06 17:56 ]</font>

BogusKun
Jan 7, 2004, 08:02 AM
Then how come no one knows who you are?

And how come you can't make your characters fly?

Your codes are about the same as Barubary's.... weak and dumb.

Come out with the real shit and I'll congradulate you. I think we all will.

Come on, what you waiting for... start MAKING codes. And I'm logging on PSO as an anonymous person so I can check you out in live action.

Don't lie to us like Barubary6. All he did was make me laugh.

Buuyon
Jan 7, 2004, 08:04 AM
woah get a life...while your at hit get hit by a train...

BogusKun
Jan 7, 2004, 08:28 AM
Was I talking to you BuuBuu face? No.. I think I didn't.

-Luke-
Jan 7, 2004, 11:43 AM
Lets keep it civil...I think most of us agree HUmars swingin TJs and megid would be pretty shitty...
Luke

scmfxt
Jan 7, 2004, 12:39 PM
On 2004-01-07 05:02, BogusKun wrote:
Then how come no one knows who you are?

And how come you can't make your characters fly?

Your codes are about the same as Barubary's.... weak and dumb.

Come out with the real shit and I'll congradulate you. I think we all will.

Come on, what you waiting for... start MAKING codes. And I'm logging on PSO as an anonymous person so I can check you out in live action.

Don't lie to us like Barubary6. All he did was make me laugh.

I'm not wasting money to go online just to prove myself to you or anybody for this old game. Those who used the codes I released knows me and that's good enough. I didn't say I was a pro at this now did I? Also I'm not going to spend my time arguing with any of you here either. But I must say you people keep me entertained with all your arguments.

HaLLa
Jan 7, 2004, 03:07 PM
Hey his codes are better than anything you could do. And better ones will come out eventually. Plus the new item and hacked techs cant go online so it doesnt screw up PSO

scmfxt
Jan 7, 2004, 04:40 PM
On 2004-01-07 12:07, HaLLa wrote:
Hey his codes are better than anything you could do. And better ones will come out eventually. Plus the new item and hacked techs cant go online so it doesnt screw up PSO

I'm not sure since I don't play online anymore but another person did confirmed that he hasn't got banned for taking SUKON online. SUKON has all tech so we'll find out if he get ban or not tomorrow.

Corey
Jan 7, 2004, 05:43 PM
Since your here you can probably take up the fact that you found a *supposedly* legit Olga Flow gene with heyf00l or Sonoumi.(I might of spelled that wrong,sorry... <_< >_>)
Yeah,this is the same person who doubted you and Infamous Jackass...erm,J. (Rolls eyes)