PDA

View Full Version : GC-Item: Rumors?

Hikara
Jan 5, 2004, 12:41 PM
I heard a rumor that you could change the Branch of Pakupaku into a Chao Striker. Is this false? If not, HOW!? The freaking Branch does nothing for me compared to my Hildebear's Cane, so is there any way to make it actually worth while? Or am I stuck with this Stupid Cane forever?

Crystal_Shard
Jan 5, 2004, 01:23 PM
I believe you'll be needing the Chao Mag to change the Pakupaku to the Striker of Chao.

Not too sure, since I've never tried it myself.

You'll need to equip the branch and either equip the Chao Mag or use it on the branch.

muff
Jan 5, 2004, 01:25 PM
Striker of Chao Prize
To obtain this wild weapon, you must first need the Paku Paku weapon and the Chao mag equipped. At the end of completing the simulator, head towards the medical room and take the portal inside (the portal will not appear if you don't have Paku Paku on you). It should drop you off to Ruins 1. Equip the Chao mag with the Paku Paku, and stand under the waterfall and let the water pour down on you. Messages from Chao will appear, just read them. Keep standing under the waterfall, and waiting, it will take some time. After some time, the Paku Paku will change into the Striker of Chao. If you keep standing there, a message will appear saying that Chao ran away and your Striker of Chao will be come a Paku Paku again. If this happens, don't worry, you can always turn your Paku Paku back into the Striker by standing under the waterfall again. The & attributes of the Striker however, will change.

Guides are fun, especially when you check them ^_^

Mystic_Jon
Jan 5, 2004, 01:25 PM
Yes you can, there are 2 ways.

1. http://www.pso-world.com/items.php?op=viewarticle&artid=302
(combine it with a chao mag)

2. Put the paku in your inventory and start the towards the future quest. Go down to ragol to start the quest timer, then pipe back to pioneer.

Go to the medical room, you will see a telepipe in to the back left of the room. This leads to the ruins.

In the ruins, stand behind the waterfall with the paku equipped and dont move. Some text will appear, get rid of it as it comes, but stay still.

Eventually a chao will land on your paku, and the transformation is complete.

The last pic on my sig shows the angry little dude http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Mystic_Jon
Jan 5, 2004, 01:28 PM
On 2004-01-05 10:25, muff wrote:

Except this guide says you need a chao mag, which you dont. I believe the chao guide in that section is for the dreamcast version.

muff
Jan 5, 2004, 01:30 PM
On 2004-01-05 10:28, Mystic_Jon wrote:

Except this guide says you need a chao mag, which you dont. I believe the chao guide in that section is for the dreamcast version.

Really? LOL. I should check what I quote eh...

VulpesMundi
Jan 5, 2004, 02:46 PM
On 2004-01-05 10:28, Mystic_Jon wrote:

Using a Chao MAG on a Branch of Pakupaku still works. In fact, barring wasting a MAG and a MAG cell, you get to keep any percents on the branch when you do it this way (which is useful for those few people who actually use the striker as a weapon). Making a Striker of Chao by using the waterfall in Towards the Future will always result in an all 0% striker, regardless of previous percents. Also note you can turn a striker back into a branch the same way, and that also results in all 0%.

Butoden
Jan 5, 2004, 04:19 PM

Striker of Chao Prize
To obtain this wild weapon, you must first need the Paku Paku weapon and the Chao mag equipped. At the end of completing the simulator, head towards the medical room and take the portal inside (the portal will not appear if you don't have Paku Paku on you). It should drop you off to Ruins 1. Equip the Chao mag with the Paku Paku, and stand under the waterfall and let the water pour down on you. Messages from Chao will appear, just read them. Keep standing under the waterfall, and waiting, it will take some time. After some time, the Paku Paku will change into the Striker of Chao. If you keep standing there, a message will appear saying that Chao ran away and your Striker of Chao will be come a Paku Paku again. If this happens, don't worry, you can always turn your Paku Paku back into the Striker by standing under the waterfall again. The & attributes of the Striker however, will change.

Do you need to equip the weapon in order for the transformation to complete??

Mystic_Jon
Jan 5, 2004, 04:22 PM
I used the non mag meathod, in that you do need the paku equipped. I would assume you need it equipped for the mag meathod too

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mystic_Jon on 2004-01-05 13:23 ]</font>

Hikara
Jan 6, 2004, 02:25 PM
Thanks everyone.

Sounds tedious. Guess I'll just stick with this Hildebear's Cane, then...

Mystic_Jon
Jan 6, 2004, 02:28 PM
On 2004-01-06 11:25, Hikara wrote:
Thanks everyone.

Sounds tedious. Guess I'll just stick with this Hildebear's Cane, then...

Its not tedious, just stand under the waterfall in the hidden ruins part of towards the future.

Take less than 5 minutes

Hikara
Jan 6, 2004, 02:33 PM
Fine, not tedious. But....

Can you do it in any difficulty?

I'm gonna have to try before I give up, eh?

Mystic_Jon
Jan 6, 2004, 02:39 PM
If memory serves, i did it on normal because i thought i had to finish the quest. Just go down to the planet to start the timer, then pipe back up. The telepipe in the medical room should be there

NodMan
Jan 6, 2004, 08:40 PM
Or you all could go to Vega (if you dare) and find a Ranger named NodMan! I will give you a 100% to all Striker of Chao, Branch of Paku Paku, a Chao Mag, and Chao Mag cell! But that is only if you don't mind dupes and hacks! Also you will need to be one around 2am EST time just to find him and he is not always on each day!