PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of swtiching? any adivce?

echo-2003
Jan 5, 2004, 02:10 PM
Hi everyone! Right now I have a broadband connection over cable and has about 3Mbps D/L and 400K upload speeds.

Well due to financial contstraints I may have to go down to 150k D/L and 150K U/L speeds.

What I would like to know is would this have a huge impact on me playing PSO? Has anyone else gone through a similar dilema? Thanks for any help.

VioletSkye
Jan 5, 2004, 02:25 PM
Aside from a slight difference in how quickly a quest loads (which may or may not be noticable), you shouldn't notice any difference in your actual game play.

echo-2003
Jan 5, 2004, 02:29 PM
On 2004-01-05 11:25, VioletSkye wrote:
Aside from a slight difference in how quickly a quest loads (which may or may not be noticable), you shouldn't notice any difference in your actual game play.

Cool thanks, So is the U/l and d/l speed of PSO set at a certain speed to insure fair game for all then?

VioletSkye
Jan 5, 2004, 02:43 PM
On 2004-01-05 11:29, echo-2003 wrote:

On 2004-01-05 11:25, VioletSkye wrote:

Cool thanks, So is the U/l and d/l speed of PSO set at a certain speed to insure fair game for all then?

I believe so (although don't quote me.) I think it was designed for dialup users. Usually if someone who uses a dialup connection is lagging, its due to latency.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VioletSkye on 2004-01-05 11:44 ]</font>

Rich_T
Jan 5, 2004, 04:24 PM
Ive sucessfuly managed to play PSO on the gamecube, using a broadband adaptor hooked up to a P.C using internet conection sharing, while the P.C was conected to a 56k dial up service, instead of the broadband service, it played OK but there was a little bit of lag.
since then my P.C modem has been physcly disconected from the phone line