PDA

View Full Version : How PSO would be different if Al Gore was president

Spy
Apr 11, 2001, 01:50 PM
First, since he invented the internet, he demand royalty fees every time that you went to play PSO online.

Secondly, he would make you play on really small energystar compliant POS television sets, because current ones output way too much radiation, and radiation hurts the "poor wittle enviwonment."

Thirdly, he would demand that all the aliens be changed to look like religious people because shooting animals is wrong according to him and his environmentalist views.

Fourth, you could only use sword and saber class weapons, because guns are "bad" and he would outlaw them.

Fifth, PSO's ending would be changed to the scene from the Democratic National Convention where Gore was playing Tonsil Tennis with Tipper. Everyone sigh serenely.

Sixth, Joe Lieberman would try and try and try to get all video games banned because they rot the minds of children.

*This post is dedicated to everyone that doesn't like The Bush*

Lmnopia
Apr 11, 2001, 02:11 PM
i geuss... i dont get polo-ticks to understand what its about......

Cassy
Apr 11, 2001, 03:03 PM
- He never said he invented the internet. He merely said he was responsible for pushing it to be created. Which he did.

- And the environment isn't important? I mean, we don't NEED to breathe fresh air right? We can all just deal with the lung cancer and skin cancer that Bush is gonna provide for us right? And we don't NEED a beautiful ocean right? I mean, heck the animals don't need to live there, we just need that oil right? Who cares that all living organisms on this planet came from the ocean?

- I agree with the third statement. Religion is a sick inferiority delusion that has ruined this planet. Animals are a lot more important than any religious person.

- Guns are bad. If you watched the news, you'd know that every other day some school is getting shot up by some stupid kid who got teased, and was able to get the gun because his parents were too busy with their own lives. I mean, just watching the Ten Commandments made me throw up. First it's religious out the ass, it degrades Egyptians in every scene, and it's starring fricking Charlton Heston!

- Hey, all I can say is they have a good solid marriage. Unlike the Bush family.

- I don't think video games should be banned. Nothing should be, or will be banned. It's thanks to a little thing called the Constitution. Heard of it? This isn't 1984 kiddies. The goddamn conservatives are trying to blame everything on movies, tv, games, and music, and ignoring the real problem: bad parents.

I am a diehard liberal, and almost left the country when that punk kid was "elected." I mean, hello! He didn't even get all the popular vote!!

Core
Apr 11, 2001, 03:09 PM
That would suck! Interesting What if.....

Spy
Apr 11, 2001, 03:28 PM
- He never said he invented the internet. He merely said he was responsible for pushing it to be created. Which he did.

"I invented the internet"- Al Gore, ABC News Interview

- And the environment isn't important? I mean, we don't NEED to breathe fresh air right? We can all just deal with the lung cancer and skin cancer that Bush is gonna provide for us right? And we don't NEED a beautiful ocean right? I mean, heck the animals don't need to live there, we just need that oil right? Who cares that all living organisms on this planet came from the ocean?

The environment is nature, and nature's law is survival of the fittest. Nowhere does it state that mandkind has a responsibility to it. Not to mention the fact that Global Warming is inclusive in it's existence. Oil is dead dinosaurs and other animals, and according to the law of nature, are usable. Ants use dead animals.

- I agree with the third statement. Religion is a sick inferiority delusion that has ruined this planet. Animals are a lot more important than any religious person.

That is just sick. I'll see your point of view when you blast yourself in the head to save a pig or some other worthless animal.

- Guns are bad. If you watched the news, you'd know that every other day some school is getting shot up by some stupid kid who got teased, and was able to get the gun because his parents were too busy with their own lives. I mean, just watching the Ten Commandments made me throw up. First it's religious out the ass, it degrades Egyptians in every scene, and it's starring fricking Charlton Heston!

It's not everyday, and the percentage of ALL GUN MISUSE is below 0.1%. Heston doesn't critize your views does he?

- Hey, all I can say is they have a good solid marriage. Unlike the Bush family.

You obviosuly slept the footage of "Little Bush" all happy in Big Bush Jr.'s pants as he held his wife's hand. Bush just isn't as blatent.

- I don't think video games should be banned. Nothing should be, or will be banned. It's thanks to a little thing called the Constitution. Heard of it? This isn't 1984 kiddies. The goddamn conservatives are trying to blame everything on movies, tv, games, and music, and ignoring the real problem: bad parents.

Gore and Lieberman both were going to "clean up Hollywood" and stated publically that video games we're violent and advertised towards a younger demographic.

I am a diehard liberal, and almost left the country when that punk kid was "elected." I mean, hello! He didn't even get all the popular vote!!

Funny, most liberals are "punk kids," or teachers. But you are entitled to your opinions, but I don't like misinformation.

Loki
Apr 11, 2001, 03:28 PM
On 2001-04-11 13:03, Cassy wrote:

Thank God!!!
I saw the topic of this thread and was immediately ready to go off. WTF?! why bring this up here other than to cause problems? everyone knows that 52% of the country is pissed about the election. Why bring that hostility here with all these false and half true statements?
Thankfully rather than debunk everything Spy posted, (that was done for me by Cassy) I can simply state that I dont feel this is really a friendly post, and that it seems that it was only made to cause problems.

Nynaeve
Apr 11, 2001, 03:31 PM
On 2001-04-11 13:03, Cassy wrote:
I am a diehard liberal, and almost left the country when that punk kid was "elected." I mean, hello! He didn't even get all the popular vote!!!

Ah Cassy, awsome points here, thank you for saying what I wanted to, but didn't dare cause if I get rolling on this stuff... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_smile.gif

Cube
Apr 11, 2001, 04:23 PM
O god, why did u have to bring politics to this board....

First of all anyone who insults bush by calling him stupid or whatever obviously isnt smart himself. Did you go to harvard? (or whatever big college he went to), have you been a governor? have you been a successfull businessman? Are you EVER going to become president? NOPE. So dont insult bush when he is such a better person then you are.

Loki
Apr 11, 2001, 04:38 PM
On 2001-04-11 14:23, Cube wrote:
O god, why did u have to bring politics to this board....

First of all anyone who insults bush by calling him stupid or whatever obviously isnt smart himself. Did you go to harvard? (or whatever big college he went to), have you been a governor? have you been a successfull businessman? Are you EVER going to become president? NOPE. So dont insult bush when he is such a better person then you are.

[addsig]

he's better than me? at least Ive never been caught snorting crack out of a whores ass.

Cube
Apr 11, 2001, 04:50 PM
lol, i didnt meen to insult anyone in that post im just sick of everyone insulting the guy. And whats wrong with smoking coke from a whores ass!.........um nm.

Zyconis
Apr 11, 2001, 06:31 PM
Errr Survival of the fittest isn't exactly paving the planet for our convenience... Mr. Spy you are insane. =)

Kamotz
Apr 11, 2001, 07:08 PM
OK people. It was just a joke. A humorous post. Intended to amuse. You don't have to take it seriously.

If it is taken it seriously, people will start preaching their political opinions, and start arguments. If it's taken seriously this thread will just turn into a huge flame war.

It's just a joke already.

Monkey
Apr 11, 2001, 07:22 PM
Yeah i thought it was pretty funny.

Spy
Apr 11, 2001, 07:45 PM
Without power how can anyone survive in our technological driven world? Sure you can pull the california trick and get all the energy you want from someone's ass, but as they are proving as I type with their rolling blackouts and such, it doesn't work well.

IceBlink
Apr 11, 2001, 10:37 PM
Heh... well, I 'm glad I live in England. Then again, we have the foot-and-mouth thing, which means practically the entire nation's livestock has to be slaughtered...

Anyway, be glad MONKEYS didn't make PSO. Why?

1. You'll have to play as a monkey. Possibly a monkey which scratches it's ass a lot.

2. The enemies will all be humans sporting white lab coats. Possibly armed with needles (no, not spread needle).

3. Due to the nature of the game, the monkeys are superior to the humans.

4. The ending will show monkeys trekking it back to the forest to live harmonously among with all other monkeys until the first plague hits, and the monkeys are wiped out due to no more monomates being manufactured..

... Uh... damn, that didn't make sense. ^_^;;

Dedicated to Monkey. ^_^;; Have a nice day. ^_^;

JohnnyKingOtaku
Apr 12, 2001, 03:30 AM
I disagree...I think he would say all that stuff in speeches, but really all he'd do is make you sign a waiver when you join PSO (HOLD ON im explaining!).
Then later he would use memberships as votes for Al Gore as ruler of the world! And thus the democratic vote machine prospers!

OK this theory is full of holes but I still relly relly relly RILLY hate Al Gore Im glad he lost

Lucidservant
Apr 12, 2001, 07:39 AM
I think it was hilarious. I think the Cassmaster's anger is equally hilarious. To take up for someone you do not know, who also doesn't give a damn about you, shows your intelligence. Bravo Cassinator. And to think, tomorrow you will drive, or take some other form of public transport to your place of destination, polluting the air while singing pro-life based songs out of tune.
You will eat and discard of the packaging(making sure not to litter)not even thinking of the landfill you are contributing to. You will breathe and make me glad that I am not God!!! And then you will go home, wash, rinse and repeat cycle the next day. You should really view something more than a cathode ray tube. Something like a mirror you human!

[addsig]

<font size=1>[ This message was edited by: Lucidservant on 2001-04-12 05:42 ]</font>

Buffy
Apr 12, 2001, 08:10 AM
If you're not happy with your President you're more than welcome to take our Prime Minister http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_wink.gif

IceBlink
Apr 12, 2001, 10:10 AM
I agree with Buffy. Take the Queen too. ^_^ Our country is screwed so much anyway... ^_^;

Cassy
Apr 12, 2001, 11:14 AM
" O god, why did u have to bring politics to this board....

First of all anyone who insults bush by calling him stupid or whatever obviously isnt smart himself. Did you go to harvard? (or whatever big college he went to), have you been a governor? have you been a successfull businessman? Are you EVER going to become president? NOPE. So dont insult bush when he is such a better person then you are. "

No, I didn't go to Harvard. Wanna know why? I didn't get a ton of money ffrom my family!! Every cent I have to my name I worked my ass off for. Same with the governor thing. If my family had been rich, I would have gone to Stanford and be planning my presidential run right now. But no, my dad was a high school drop out, my mom was a homemaker, and I had 4 other siblings. So kiss my ass, seriously. And the day George Bush is a better person than I, is the day I jump off the frickin' Williamsburg Bridge.

And to the kid trying to insult me and other liberals. Man...get it straight. Liberals are pro-CHOICE!

And no, Spy's original comment was not a "funny joke." Wanna hear a funny joke? George Bush is president. What a riot...

AdoptedDeV
Apr 12, 2001, 12:48 PM
Oh goodie cass I'm so happy your family earned every penny they worked for here have a cookie... Get over it LET IT GO your first post just fueled the fire you notice after your post the rest are just silly one liners.

Spy for a being a bush fan what you said/did just doesn't add up unless you were lookin for a way to just defend him, I hope for your sake your not justifying your vote by trashing the other dumbass.

Oh and we insist KEEP the queen http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_razz.gif

valgar
Apr 12, 2001, 12:48 PM
Cassy,

You hate religious people huh? Why did you vote for Al Gore and Joe Lieberman? Al Gore went to divinity school, Joe Lieberman talked about god in almost every one of his campaign speeches.

You liberals like to say that the only reason Bush got where he is is because of family connections. Pardon me but wasn't Gore's dad a senator. Has Gore ever made any money on his own?

I think you should just chill out. Spy was only joking but you had to get all worked up over it. Life isn't always fair and sometimes you don't get what you want. Bush won Gore lost, deal with it.

Spy
Apr 12, 2001, 01:24 PM
It was a joke turned serious http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_mad.gif I sturred some stuff up, and created *gasp* controversy. That's what I do, and damn it, it's fun. How else would I have 600 posts?

And I can't vote, I'm a minor, but if I could have I woulda gone for Bush straight up.

Loki
Apr 12, 2001, 01:35 PM
On 2001-04-12 11:24, Spy wrote:
It was a joke turned serious http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_mad.gif I sturred some stuff up, and created *gasp* controversy. That's what I do, and damn it, it's fun. How else would I have 600 posts?

And I can't vote, I'm a minor, but if I could have I woulda gone for Bush straight up.[addsig]

yeah we dont let minors vote for a reason....
but he could have used your vote, with it he may have actually won.

AdoptedDeV
Apr 12, 2001, 01:40 PM
I got that it was joke, and a pretty funny one at that. I'm laughing harder that you posted that and your not even of legal age to vote.

Core
Apr 12, 2001, 01:41 PM
Now that was odd cube!

AdoptedDeV
Apr 12, 2001, 01:45 PM
He did win Loki http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_razz.gif
He even won in Gore's homestate http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_smile.gif

Spy
Apr 12, 2001, 01:47 PM
I feel that I should be able to vote nonetheless. I mean, I pay taxes damnit, income tax, social security, taxes on my alcohol and tabacco, and the damned sales tax. Argh, wtf happened to no taxation without representation?

TylerFrost
Apr 12, 2001, 01:57 PM
ACTUALLY!!!

The web was invented by AN ENGLISH SCIENTIST!!! YES.....!! Finally something we can throw in the 'Brit-bashers' faces! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_wink.gif

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------
The World Wide Web was developed in 1989 by English computer scientist Timothy Berners-Lee to enable information to be shared among internationally dispersed teams of researchers at the European Laboratory for Particle Physics (formerly known by the acronym CERN) near Geneva, Switzerland. It subsequently became a platform for related software development, and the numbers of linked computers and users grew rapidly to support a variety of endeavors, including a large business marketplace. Its further development is guided by the WWW Consortium based at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology in Cambridge, Massachusetts.

-------------------------------------------------------

You can thank our great civilisation anytime now..... go on.....I can't hear you! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_smile.gif

--TF--

TylerFrost
Apr 12, 2001, 01:58 PM
ACTUALLY!!!

The web was invented by AN ENGLISH SCIENTIST!!! YES.....!! Finally something we can throw in the 'Brit-bashers' faces! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_wink.gif

Quote:
The World Wide Web was developed in 1989 by English computer scientist Timothy Berners-Lee to enable information to be shared among internationally dispersed teams of researchers at the European Laboratory for Particle Physics (formerly known by the acronym CERN) near Geneva, Switzerland. It subsequently became a platform for related software development, and the numbers of linked computers and users grew rapidly to support a variety of endeavors, including a large business marketplace. Its further development is guided by the WWW Consortium based at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology in Cambridge, Massachusetts.

You can thank our great civilisation anytime now..... go on.....I can't hear you! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_smile.gif

--TF--

TylerFrost
Apr 12, 2001, 01:59 PM
ACTUALLY!!!

Quote:

--TF--

TylerFrost
Apr 12, 2001, 01:59 PM
ACTUALLY!!!

Quote:

--TF--

RedVento
Apr 12, 2001, 02:05 PM
I just finished reading this thread, and have just a few comments. I will try to keep them low key.

1st. Spy : Definetly was a funny post.. taken outa hand by some people who take themselves WAY, WAY to seriously....

2nd. This is for everyone complaining about Bush not winning the popular vote... Get over it.. if we went by the popular vote then NY & California would decide the president every 4 years.. we would be stuck with liberals who would remove all power from local goverment and individual people, and try to create a world where the government was able to dictate what was right and wrong for everyone, as well as over tax us to pay for the millions of people who would rather live off the government than be a productive member of society.

3rd. Cassy : If you want to express your views feel free to private message me, I will be more than happy to have a civilized discussion about politics with you. I will listen to your views, possibly be swayed, and will respond with my views. I will be interested to see if you are narrow minded and refuse to listen to any logic other than your own... (this goes to anyone who wants to discuss this seriously)

4th. Everyone get over themselves.. Life is as it is.. and is way to short to get so worked up about this kinda shit. Please, give me a break.

Spy
Apr 12, 2001, 02:12 PM
Hehehe Tyler... Britain couldn't handle a real world empire so you guys created a virtual world to rule over instead.

- That's what I would be saying if I had a deep sense of American Nationalism, but I don't, so I'm not really saying it.

Damn, this whole thread is gettin me in trouble.

Kamotz
Apr 12, 2001, 03:33 PM
Actually the internet was created in the late 60's involving 3 major (US) universities. I forget which ones at the moment. It started as one university that linked all of it's computers(like all three of them http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_smile.gif ) and eventually expanded to two other universities.

Cassy
Apr 12, 2001, 09:05 PM
" Cassy,

You hate religious people huh? Why did you vote for Al Gore and Joe Lieberman? Al Gore went to divinity school, Joe Lieberman talked about god in almost every one of his campaign speeches. "

I'm perfectly aware of this. But they're not in favor of shoving religion down everyone's throats like the conservatives. Prayer in school, bringing church into state; all this is ridiculous, and very republican.

Spy
Apr 12, 2001, 09:52 PM
The homosexual community finds it nessicery to educate their views to young children in school, and they back it up with freedom of speech? Why can't religion be taught as well, or is there an obvious double-standard?

Zyconis
Apr 13, 2001, 01:39 AM
Err They are not supposed to teach religion in schools, its called "separation of church and state." Theres obviously nothing wrong with religion fundementally, but when religous organizations use religous as a catalyst to push money motives, there is. This is basically what every right-wing christian group in america does, just the other night I say than "govenor bush" sitting with televangelists as they talked about donations for the furtherment of christs teachings(obviously a front). Secondly, where do you get off with your statements on homosexuality? You incinuation that teachers teach it in schools to little boys, as a covert way of saying "All them fags wanna molest boys" is absurd at least. Schools need to tell young students about homosexuality in order to stop them from being homophobes running around and killing innocent people. Someday homophobia will be look at just as badly as racism, and I am glad I am niether. Oh and by the way imo gore is just as bad as bush, I voted Nader. whooooo hoo!

Tabolet
Apr 13, 2001, 02:22 AM
>> The homosexual community finds it nessicery to educate their views to young children in school, and they back it up with freedom of speech? Why can't religion be taught as well, or is there an obvious double-standard? <<

Waitasec, how exactly is teaching lesser-seen natural behaviour a double-standard in regards to forcing a subversive organization upon the lives of schoolchildren?

Oh, wait, this must be another one of Spy's not-really-a-joke-unless-he-gets-in-over-his-head jokes!

Ha ha! Hats off to Spy! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_razz.gif

Seriously though. Spy, you seem to share that odd mentality that plagues so many religious zealots. Namely, the one that states unconditionally: "I'm right, and you're wrong (and probably going to hell)".

But hey, let's see how Bush's bro is handling his nazi state?

http://www.tampatrib.com/MGASCE82DLC.html

Oh, those wacky Floridians!

Spy
Apr 13, 2001, 02:59 AM
Seperation of church and state means that there is no national religion. The next time that you aren't handing your doller over to the government read it. "In god we trust"

And I'm not a religious zealot by any means. I despise religion. It's all about money, but somebody has to stand up for them. THey have as much of a right to preach about whatever they want as anyone else. I believe cassy even said that we have a constitution.

As to homosexuality being a natural thing, the only queer animals in nature exist on South Park, which is the most conservative cartoon you will ever see. Mankind is the only species on the planet to exist "homosexual behavior."

Weebot
Apr 13, 2001, 04:11 AM
South Park? Conservative? HA! While South Park doesn't really show any political idealogy, it is certainly not conservative. Otherwise it wouldn't be sympathizing with Satan, having a black cook suddenly sing about sex in front of children, and have gay dogs and defend them. If their is any right-wing show, it would probably have to be King of the Hill, and even that portrays Hank Hill reason for being so conservative is because he is rather naive to anything foreign.

Spy
Apr 13, 2001, 05:45 PM
Actually, if you watch South Park you'll see that they are making fun of those things. C'mon, you think Big Gay Al isn't a stereotype?

Loki
Apr 13, 2001, 06:57 PM
On 2001-04-12 11:40, AdoptedDeV wrote:
I got that it was joke, and a pretty funny one at that. I'm laughing harder that you posted that and your not even of legal age to vote.[addsig]

you make erronious statements like that, and Im supposed to trust your opinion why?

Kamotz
Apr 13, 2001, 11:41 PM
I ask one single question. What is the purpose of this argument? Hmm? It is not constructive in the least bit, and it's just getting people pissed off at each other.

There is no point in even expressing your opinion on these subjects because 99.9849% of what you say falls onto deaf ears. Just about every person on the planet is hard set in their own political philosophy, and no amount of debating can change it. The only thing this whole thread is doing is infuriating people because others don't agree with their viewpoint. There are opinions in here that my opinions conflict with, but it's pointless for me to voice them.

Just accept that there are people who disagree with you, and stop bickering.

Just stop.

Personally I think this thread should be locked. I highly doubt that this post will affect many people, and the arguing will continue. Locking this thread is the only way I can see for it to stop. The only thing that can be made from this are enemies.

Nothing against your post Spy, I thought it was great, but it put the pieces in place for a flame war.

Brujah
Apr 14, 2001, 12:19 AM
A flamer war is the last thing we need.. wait thats not what you meant.. ummm

Fuck bush....hahah get it?? And Gore... Clinton Should Have stayed, sure He likes his whores and his weed, but doesnt everyother guy?? Well maybe not he weed..cuz I dont..but still. Clinton was better even If he tagged lots of women...It's Hillary's fault anyway..Chris Rock said so..

*NOw everyone Is 45% dumber*