PDA

View Full Version : God Hand

Rainbowlemon
Jan 5, 2004, 05:11 PM
How come weapons like the Double Cannon and Agito get mentioned so often, when actually there are quite a few other items that have the potential to better? I found a God Hand in Soul of the Blacksmith with my Hucaseal with a 40 Hit%, and it kicked ass! It definately wasn't as powerful as one of the more 'Ultimate' weapons, but it is such a fast weapon, and when simple 2 hit combos are used, it's make you almost unstoppable! Has anyone else found this?

PhatDiddy
Jan 5, 2004, 05:16 PM
i would have to say its because of the rarity and appeal that these weapons have. You used the God Hand as an example, now this is an extremely easy weapon to get (no searching, piping wutever), u know ur going to get it. on the other hand an item like agito (which i really want) or double cannon takes a lot of work to get/find. anyways u can always find an agito with 40% Hit and it'll be just as good.

Genoa
Jan 5, 2004, 05:31 PM
lucky you, mine only has 25% hit so it adds 100 ATA, but I do like God Hand. To bad FO's can't use it. I'm using Angry Fist +50. I good weapon, but God Hand is better. Also the fact it raises ALL stats is pretty cool. And has a built-in God/Battle in it. But you can't put a God/Battle on with it (well you could but it would be pointless). I noticed it when I was Unarmed then did combo, then switched to God Hand and saw the difference. They do this so you can't be so easily interupted during your Combo. Also, the stealing EXP is pretty cool. (my friend says it works on bosses, don't believe him.)

hucasts_rock
Jan 5, 2004, 07:14 PM
Also, the stealing EXP is pretty cool. (my friend says it works on bosses, don't believe him.)

you're correct, you can't steal exp. from any boss

Jason
Jan 5, 2004, 07:31 PM
On 2004-01-05 16:14, hucasts_rock wrote:

Also, the stealing EXP is pretty cool. (my friend says it works on bosses, don't believe him.)

you're correct, you can't steal exp. from any boss

It would be assuming to be able to steal experience points from players in Battle Mode if that is possible, wouldn't it? Shrinking levels off that player... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Jason
Jan 5, 2004, 07:34 PM
On 2004-01-05 14:31, MegamanX wrote:
I'm using Angry Fist +50. I good weapon, but God Hand is better. Also the fact it raises ALL stats is pretty cool. And has a built-in God/Battle in it.

Wow, really? I didn't know that! When I got myself a God Hand from the boss of Control Center I thought this weapon is going to be useless because it was to me back then on the DC versions (in these versions, God Hand doesn't have a built-in God Battle in it if I'm correct). Anyway, I'm glad I still have it.

EDIT: I didn't use it on GC yet as my hunter is still in training to get enough ATP for it...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jason on 2004-01-05 16:35 ]</font>

Neifan
Jan 5, 2004, 11:28 PM
Oh, I agree. My HUcassy uses an Angry Fist with 35% hit currently, and I'm now hunting for a God Hand.

I also find claws to be really good. Like fists, they have high ATP and ATA. Now, if I could only find one of the really rare ones, like Nei's or Rika's, I'll be set.

silvermax
Jan 6, 2004, 03:47 AM
every time ive used a claw ive been disapointed in the fact that they dont stun the monster when you hit them... that or the recover time is just WAY to long... either way i look down on the claw weps as crap

Zarana
Jan 6, 2004, 04:40 AM
Just thought I would say that you'll never do as much damage with a God Hand, or attack as quickly, as with the Double Cannon. There's a very good reason people say it's better.

I agree with you on the Agito, though. The Fist combo is generally better than that of a katana, especially with the HUcaseal you mentioned.

Oh, and about anyone else finding that... I did. An identical one, too. 40 Hit. Funny you should ask.

Hrith
Jan 6, 2004, 09:19 AM
On 2004-01-06 01:40, Zarana wrote :
Just thought I would say that you'll never do as much damage with a God Hand, or attack as quickly, as with the Double Cannon.
yeah right...

Yeah, GOD HAND rules, Terra uses it all the time, animation for RAmarl, HUnewearl and RAcaseal rocks, HUcaseal is even better >_< and this weapon is sooooooooo powerful, and a lot more fun than the noobish DOUBLE CANNON.

oeagrus
Jan 6, 2004, 12:12 PM
Please forgive my hijacking of this thread (actually, it's more like hitching a ride) but I'd really like to get a God Hand. Can anyone tell me (or point me to) how to make one in the Blacksmith quest. I guess I need to get him the proper metal, and be in Ult mode. Am I warm?
thx!!!

Butoden
Jan 6, 2004, 12:42 PM
Dude, check the Guides! I'm not even gonna give you a Link to that!

I didn't know HUcaseal have better animation with Claws, I best distribute some Claws and other rares from my HUcast to my HUcaseal then http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Rainbowlemon
Jan 6, 2004, 02:12 PM
Check the guides, its in there somewhere. Also, the claw attack animation for hucaseal is good, but as with quite a few others, the first and second combos are v.fast with good recovery time, but the third is much slower. Most efficient just using the 1st and 2nd sequence only. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Wood_Golem
Jan 6, 2004, 02:49 PM
On 2004-01-06 09:12, oeagrus wrote:
Please forgive my hijacking of this thread (actually, it's more like hitching a ride) but I'd really like to get a God Hand. Can anyone tell me (or point me to) how to make one in the Blacksmith quest. I guess I need to get him the proper metal, and be in Ult mode. Am I warm?
thx!!!

Yeah your warm, and the proper metal you mean is the Blue mineral which is found in Cave 3 in one of the round rooms which has cristals growing on the wall.
Oh and on topic, a m8 of mine had a 45% Hit God Hand with his HUcaseal, he used it a hella lot in Seabed to MURDER Deldepths and other enemies like Gibbons and whatnot, BUT then he had the great idea of removing the mem card when he was returning her from my xbox to the card and CORRUPTION struck.. but he rose from the ashes, with some helpfull donations on my behalf *coughRedSwordcoughMeteorCudgel*. meh i'm very generous http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Nai_Calus
Jan 6, 2004, 03:11 PM
Any 3-hit single-enemy weapon is at best something to use until you get something less worthless. I've done a damage comparison between, for example, a Double Cannon and a Real Nei's, and the Nei's lost like mad. Brave Knuckle/Angry Fist/God Hand will never be good for anything. You WILL do more damage with a Double Saber-type than a comparable 3-hit weapon. Oooh, you do 700-1000-1000! But then no, ooh, you go and do 500, 500-800-800, 800, 800! Tell me, which did you do more damage with? Or how about a Charge Vulcan? 300, 300, 300-500, 500, 500-500, 500, 500? Any single-enemy weapons should not be used at all times, anyway. A good Partisan is far more useful than a God Hand. Hell, a decent Gungnir is better.

Genoa
Jan 6, 2004, 04:52 PM
True, but when your fighting a battle, would you want a weapon that hits more than 3 times? Seeing those weapons do more (3 hit ones), and that you have brief invinsibility when you get hit. God Hand is excellent in battle. But I do know what your saying. I'd rather use Double Cannon than God Hand in regular play. But see God Hand is usable by RA's too, which is good 4 them. (I hate that forces can't use it...) But I love how they actually have a weapon that only HU's and (2) FO's can use. Soul Banish, All HU's and FOmar(L). I don't care for the special ablility, I don't even think it works in ult. But it's pretty awesome for forces. Seeing they don't have a basic weapon that hits more than one target... (u know like cane types, rod types, and wand types.) HU's have Swords & Partisans, RA's have Shots & Partisans. FO's have (nothing), so Soul Banish is great. (unless your a FOnewm/neweal)

Nai_Calus
Jan 6, 2004, 06:35 PM
In battle? No, anyone who uses a single-enemy weapon on a group of monsters, particularily a HU, is an idiot. Single or paired very strong monsters with only them around, go ahead, break out the Double Cannon or Vulcan, but I don't want to see you using them exclusivelty. I'll forgive Vulcans or Double Sabers before I'll forgive a 3-hit combo single-enemy weapon, though. 3-hit single target weapons are useful only when there is nothing better available, or when dealing with something you will only get to hit once, i.e. slimes.

I would rather see you with a Blade Dance than an Orotiagito. Let me put it this way.

KingChaos
Jan 6, 2004, 07:03 PM
hand weapons are crap!

Genoa
Jan 6, 2004, 07:24 PM
yeah ok,.....anyway, The 1st time I got a fist weapon (Brave Knuckle), I played battle with my Friend. He was a HUcast at the same level as my RAmar (b4 they were corrupted). I told him I had a really good weapon (found it when he wasn't there). We start and he goes "Where is your super good weapon huh!". I told him i'm wearing it. He laughed, I kicked his @$$ and he was like "how'd u do that much damage ?" Then I showed him and he wanted to trade me. He didn't have anything I wanted so I beat him down again with it. Felt good beating down a HUcast with a RAmar. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Jason
Jan 6, 2004, 07:57 PM
On 2004-01-06 16:03, FOnewm_Chaos wrote:
hand weapons are crap!

Except the God Hand which have a built-in God Battle that isn't so bad.

Lone_HUmar
Jan 6, 2004, 08:02 PM
On 2004-01-05 14:11, Antimony wrote:
How come weapons like the Double Cannon and Agito get mentioned so often, when actually there are quite a few other items that have the potential to better? I found a God Hand in Soul of the Blacksmith with my Hucaseal with a 40 Hit%, and it kicked ass! It definately wasn't as powerful as one of the more 'Ultimate' weapons, but it is such a fast weapon, and when simple 2 hit combos are used, it's make you almost unstoppable! Has anyone else found this?

I got one from SoAB 0/0/0/0 it sux for me, I like things that do more than one damage. God Hand is just slow in ULT mode for me. I think a Suppressed Gun From there is better http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Myopathy
Jan 6, 2004, 10:28 PM
On 2004-01-06 06:19, Kefka wrote:

On 2004-01-06 01:40, Zarana wrote :
Just thought I would say that you'll never do as much damage with a God Hand, or attack as quickly, as with the Double Cannon.
yeah right...

Yeah, GOD HAND rules, Terra uses it all the time, animation for RAmarl, HUnewearl and RAcaseal rocks, HUcaseal is even better >_< and this weapon is sooooooooo powerful, and a lot more fun than the noobish DOUBLE CANNON.

Keep in mind the Double Cannon hits twice as many times as God Hands...so yeah, what Zarana said is right.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ezellaur on 2004-01-06 19:29 ]</font>

Robo47
Jan 6, 2004, 11:41 PM
I like the Claymore, but thats because I hate yellow and don't have a Red Sword yet.
----------------------------------------------------

Either way, any weapon is good, no matter how fast they clear a room.

Rainbowlemon
Jan 7, 2004, 04:43 AM
Nevertheless, in the right hands, the God Hand can be useful. You just need practice and experience in using it, just like any other weapon type. I admit, it is a bit (a lot) feeble against hoards of enemies, but on simple forest runs just for a bit of exp of whatever, I consider it one of my better weapons along with my Charge Vulcan. I don't know, i have just learnt to be able to use them efficiently against multiple enemies now without incurring damage.

Zelgadis
Jan 7, 2004, 02:52 PM
I'd have to agree with the god hand being a good weapon. But in ruins you'd just get owned if you use it. I prefer my meteor cudgel and flight fan for the creatures in ruins. Course my cast is only level 110. I don't use him much anymore. Been doing mine/ruin runs in ult to get my FOmar over 150. Big pain in the ass.

Genoa
Jan 7, 2004, 06:03 PM
On 2004-01-06 15:35, Ian-KunX wrote:
In battle? No, anyone who uses a single-enemy weapon on a group of monsters, particularily a HU, is an idiot. Single or paired very strong monsters with only them around, go ahead, break out the Double Cannon or Vulcan, but I don't want to see you using them exclusivelty. I'll forgive Vulcans or Double Sabers before I'll forgive a 3-hit combo single-enemy weapon, though. 3-hit single target weapons are useful only when there is nothing better available, or when dealing with something you will only get to hit once, i.e. slimes.

I would rather see you with a Blade Dance than an Orotiagito. Let me put it this way.

??? What are you talking about ?! Battle, where you fight A person, not group of monsters. Characters get brief invinsibility. If you had 2 HUcasts (with the same exact stats) go at it, and if one had Double Cannon and the other had God Hand, The one with God Hand would win.

Corey
Jan 7, 2004, 06:41 PM
Okay,Im sorry,but the people on the things with Double Cannon being stronger are correct.

Im averaging maxed out HUcasts with the same stats by the way.On a Nano Dragon in ult,online,without S/D/J/Z.With 2 Criticals on GHand and 2 Criticals on Double Cannon.Heavy attacks on both weapons only.All attacks hit.

GOD HAND: 527 791 791 TOTAL:2,109
DOUBLE CANNON: 508-508 763 508-508-763 TOTAL:3,558

The results are obvious...

darthsaber9x9
Jan 7, 2004, 07:06 PM
On 2004-01-07 15:41, Corey wrote:
Okay,Im sorry,but the people on the things with Double Cannon being stronger are correct.

Im averaging maxed out HUcasts with the same stats by the way.On a Nano Dragon in ult,online,without S/D/J/Z.With 2 Criticals on GHand and 2 Criticals on Double Cannon.Heavy attacks on both weapons only.All attacks hit.

yes but what you forget is that if youre that strong that you kill stuff quickly, most of the power of the DC is wasted. yes the DC may have higher total damage. but can it do it with the same level of efficeiency

i butchered that explanation but can maybe ian-kun or zarana pick up what im saying and explain it better?

Corey
Jan 7, 2004, 07:17 PM
Yes I understand what your saying.A Ra could use a Stag though,it's still better than a GHand.Though its special sucks.

The Double Cannon strength is not wasted at level 100.Because Legitly,the Double Cannon is gold at that level.In my opinion of course.DCs strength is only wasted after 150 because then you'll be able to probably kill a Nano at the 4th or 5th combo.

Hrith
Jan 9, 2004, 07:31 AM
Thank you Darthsaber9x9, DC's power is absolutely useless.

On 2004-01-07 16:17, Corey wrote :
DC's strength is only wasted after 150 because then you'll be able to probably kill a Nano at the 4th or 5th combo.
3rd, and I use a DEMOLITION COMET 15% A.Beast or a METEOR CUDGEL 0% A.Beast, imagine a 100% DOUBLE CANNON :/
Twin Sabers suck and GOD HAND rules, mine tekked to 0/85/0/0/20 and a RAmarl can kill a Nano Dragon in a weak-heavy-heavy combo with Shifta but no Zalure.

And Butoden, GOD HAND is not a Claw >_<

And Twin Sabers are slow !!

Jason
Jan 9, 2004, 09:32 AM
On 2004-01-07 15:41, Corey wrote:

The speed counts, too...

KingChaos
Jan 9, 2004, 06:44 PM
well god hand increases by like 5 then you have rikas claw increases by like 10 thats like a built in hero/abillity

Genoa
Jan 9, 2004, 10:42 PM
God Hand is good in certain situations. Like.. a slime or deldepth. Something you can only hit with one powerful blow. But for Rangers... it's quite good. My RAmarl uses it too. Twin Sabers get interupted (if you try to use Extra or Heavy attack). And God Hand boosts attack speed automatically so you don't have to worry about using a Unit to increase that speed. Every weapon type is used in different situations. You can't compare different weapon types to eachother like this. Both weapons are extremely good. There is no use in argueing about his anylonger... unless you think you can actually prove a legitiment point.

Cengah
Jan 10, 2004, 04:01 AM
On 2004-01-09 19:42, MegamanX wrote:
God Hand is good in certain situations. Like.. a slime or deldepth. Something you can only hit with one powerful blow. But for Rangers... it's quite good. My RAmarl uses it too. Twin Sabers get interupted (if you try to use Extra or Heavy attack). And God Hand boosts attack speed automatically so you don't have to worry about using a Unit to increase that speed. Every weapon type is used in different situations. You can't compare different weapon types to eachother like this. Both weapons are extremely good. There is no use in argueing about his anylonger... unless you think you can actually prove a legitiment point.

Not arguing or anything like that. I'd just like to state that Twin sabers don't get interrupted if you use them right. If you do normal heavy heavy. The second attack will stun the enemy long enough to get that extra heavy in there, if timed right. Just like with any weapon timing is everything.

Nai_Calus
Jan 10, 2004, 05:20 AM
Ah, Battle -mode-. The point is moot. Unless you're idiotically doing Forest or one of the rules where you keep your level/weapons/etc, you won't -have- either, so... Your point?

As I said, it's good for enemies you'll only get a single hit in on, they'll die faster.(Dlergh, reminds me of the time I did C3 and the HUcaseals kept attacking the slimes with their Daggers, which will only hit the slime once, for about 26 damage and my HUmar with his nice sexy 50 abeast/55 hit Brand could consistently hit them with a single Heavy hit for about 71... Granted, they deserve exp too, but if they're gonna attack it, a Damage Trap will do a great job of killing it basically instantly. O_o; )

It's not really wasted, BTW, the power on any double saber... Most characters until rather high levels will not be able to kill things in half a combo. My HUmar could kill most things in Ult offline Forest with a Demolition Comet at L113, but it took the entire combo, not half of it, and online... Well, no. He's L124 now, which is a good average middling level.

And again, anyone using either a Double Cannon or a God Hand exclusively is a fool. Most situations you're far better off with a Partisan or even a Sword. Double Sabers are best reserved for the nastier things that occur singularily or in small numbers. It's stupid to sit there whacking at an Indi Belra with a Red Partisan when you can take out a Demolition Comet and kill it much, much faster. The same thing goes for fist weapons... You get the combo of a Double Saber type out faster than you would two combos of a fist-type, and you can move on to the next combo before you'd be done with the second... *shrug* And Double Sabers don't suck, you just suck at using them. ^_- It's like me and Swords. They don't necessarily suck, I just suck at using them and don't like them.

Oh, and as final, clinching proof of at least how I feel about weapons, when my HUmar beat Vol Opt Ver.2 for the first time at L102, do you know what godly uber weapon he used? Nope, not the Orotiagito he had. It was the lowly, pathetic little Stag Cutlery with 15% Hit I picked up while looking for the Agito, lol. That Stag served me well for quite a while, heh.

But yes, most weapon types have their time and place for use. It's just that a good Double Saber-type will be useful more often, in my opinion.

(And who the frell melees Nano Dragons? That's why God invented 50% Hit Charge Vulcans, or even 50% Hit Master's Gatlings, heh. Speaking of which, Mechguns will usually pwn Double Sabers and Fists to hell and back, but we're discussing melee weapons and the pros/cons of God Hand and Double Cannon here. And is it really so hard to get/use a God/Battle? Hell, I found one, and I have the worst bloody luck with rares in the universe.

I apologize for any incoherence. It's 2:18, I'm stressed out, and I can't sleep because I'm sick, in pain and we lack medication for this. Gleh.