PDA

View Full Version : question about "Internal errors"

CGoodness
Jan 5, 2004, 05:51 PM
I know I, as well as a bunch of other people on PSOW have had the internal errors on Gamecube.

I have gotten many while playing PSO.

I was wondering, has anyone noticed a pattern in the situations in which they get the errors?

I've noticed that almost every single one of them has occurred when I walked out of the shop on Pioneer 2 while playing 1 player offline with my RAcast..

Tell me if you've noticed anything like this with your game.

CGoodness
Jan 8, 2004, 07:56 PM
I noticed that nobody has read this yet, but I figure I should say that I had another internal error today, but instead of being while walking out of the shop, it was in the middle of Forst 2 on Ultimate mode.

Rainbowlemon
Jan 9, 2004, 07:43 AM
Hmm, I had the Gamecube version for quite a while, and never had thesse errors. However, I never had a RAcast, I used a HUcaseal. Perhaps it's character related, maybe a memory leak of some sort? Does the message just say 'Internal Errors'? What happens after the message is displayed?

CGoodness
Jan 9, 2004, 05:16 PM
It says:

"an error has occured. Please turn the power OFF and refer to the Nintendo gamecube Instruction manual."

And it stays at the screen until you turn it off.

PJ
Jan 12, 2004, 08:22 AM
For me, this only happens while playing Super Smash Bros Melee.

I think it's the disc, like in your case, there could be something on your disc that stops the disc from being read when you leave the shops with your RAcast (Like a scratch on that area, or maybe even dust). I'm not a technician though, so I wouldn't know http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

gallaugher
Jan 12, 2004, 10:11 AM
You can try spraying some compressed air under the lid of your cube. This has helped people that get 'disc read' errors. I know it's not the same error but it might be worth trying. You can also check the fan covers to see if they're dusty. If they are, you can vacume up the dust. It wouldn't hurt to try.