PDA

View Full Version : Hooray i'm in the ruins!

MsFortune
Apr 11, 2001, 02:42 PM
oh yes, miss fortune is finally in the ruins on normal... yes it is quite sad isnt it? but i am playing alone offline. i wonder what the furtherest anyone has got purely offline with a force before they quit... i intend to get onto hard mode..
don't suppose any of you nice gentlemen have any tips for the ruins?

Core
Apr 11, 2001, 02:58 PM
i got elly and im still playing her offline for the most part ive made it to mines hard and im lvl 38

MsFortune
Apr 11, 2001, 03:09 PM
that would be totally offline or 'mostly', any extra weapon, matierial or whatever would mean u dont count.. sorry. thanks for the tips by the way.

merlin
Apr 11, 2001, 08:21 PM
Hey,Misfortune.You'll no doubt be pleased to know that the ruins is actually the easiest level in the game for a force.Run into the middle of the room,wait til the enemies can reach out and touch you,run a circle or two around em to pack em nice and tight and let em have it with your highest ice spell.Freezes AND kills at the same time!!!Easy as pie.Merlin was built up mostly off line and it is a slower method, especially since there are no gifts coming from anyone.i'm level 78 now and all i've ever accepted from anyone was angel mind. I play online now over on titania, but after becoming hooked on this website i'd love to hook up with some of the great people on Puck 9 !!!!!

MechDan
Apr 12, 2001, 02:10 AM
The furthest I ever went with a Force purely offline was Hard Mines. At that point, I was frustrated by the fact I couldn't find a Razonde better than level 3 (which just didn't cut it, for soloing Hard Mines). And I was a Pinkal!

I caved in and went online to transfer a Razonde level 12 from my RAcast along with other high level spells.

Rhete
Apr 12, 2001, 03:47 AM
I bought PSO with no way to get online, so I managed to get my force to lvl 70/Vhard Ruins all offline. I remember when I first went online, it was total sensory overload. I got to lvl 75 that day http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_razz.gif

magenta
Apr 12, 2001, 07:59 AM
like you i did find mines very hard, even vol opt.. and i couldnt understand why people say its easy..

now at lvl73, i found dark falz on hard to be easy, vol opt a joke...

just keep on pushing..youll get there eventually.. ALSO a good tip is to cast shifta n deband evertime before you go into a room of monsters..it really helps..

Holy_Knight
Apr 12, 2001, 08:27 AM
sorry to burst your bubble there, but all off my chars have been raised offline (save about 300EXP on my HUcast) Hucast lvl 67 (V Hard Ruins) RAcast lvl28(norm ruins) and FOnewm lvl27(norm ruins) and yes my force was beaten so badly by vol opt that when i finally killed him i just decided to wall walk into the ruins (also the group then use ice strategy dosent work, not only does it quickly drain your tp but most enemies in theruins have high resistance to it Here are all of the ruins monsters weaknesses based on memoryhttp://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_biggrin.gifeminien-Fire; La Deminien-Ice; So Deminien-Lightning; Delsaber-Ice; Dark belra-Lightning; claws and bulclaws-Fire, Dark Gunner- any; Chaos Bringer- Fire)