PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know

Rogue100
Jan 6, 2004, 12:24 AM
what the item, decoction, is? It's a strange item I recieved from someone today, and I suspect its a hack of some sort seeing as how I couldn't find it in the item database, but am not sure. It's a usable item rather than an equipable item, although I was hesitant to use it since I didn't know what it actually does! Anyone have any information on it?

Cengah
Jan 6, 2004, 12:27 AM
I have never heard of it either.

It could possibly be a hack that was banned in the game. I wonder if anyone knows.

anwserman
Jan 6, 2004, 02:37 AM
I know!

Create a brand new character, give that character the item and if it is an equippable item, try to equip it. If it is an item that is usable, use it and see what happens.

Worse comes to worse, if it raises your character to like level 150 (your temp. one) or maxes out your stats, delete it. (your temp character) http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: anwserman on 2004-01-05 23:37 ]</font>

Xeno_M
Jan 6, 2004, 08:20 AM
Dupe it first. Just so you dont use your only one. (Cant believe i told somebody to dupe something) But im interested to know what it does too. Go use it! lol

Superguppie
Jan 6, 2004, 08:42 AM
If it is a weapon and it's displayed in red letters, it's an S-rank that was given that name...

rena-ko
Jan 6, 2004, 09:01 AM
on v3 (ep.1-2), sranks have always a last name (sword, twin etc). so its obviously not an srank.

seeing youre on xbox its most likely a hack, like al rappy. duping wouldnt work. get rid of it and/or try it on a temp char. up to you. i personally wouldnt bother with it.

VioletSkye
Jan 6, 2004, 01:32 PM
On 2004-01-06 06:01, rena-ko wrote:
on v3 (ep.1-2), sranks have always a last name (sword, twin etc). so its obviously not an srank.

seeing youre on xbox its most likely a hack, like al rappy. duping wouldnt work. get rid of it and/or try it on a temp char. up to you. i personally wouldnt bother with it.

I have an Srank Moon that doesn't have a last name http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif This is GC btw.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VioletSkye on 2004-01-06 10:33 ]</font>

anwserman
Jan 6, 2004, 02:10 PM
Also: It might do nothing.

If I'm correct, hacked items that raise your character to like level 200 and crap or raise your character 5 levels require a mod chip to be used, and that they won't do anything otherwise.

Or try this: Go offline, bank all of your items and use the item. If it raises your level, hit the powerswitch (do NOT save at all), and turn it back on. You should still have the item and be at the prevoius level you were before.... I think.

Zarana
Jan 6, 2004, 03:28 PM
Interesting that all the S-Rank theorists in here didn't notice that the word "decoction" is a letter too long to fit in the namespace for one of those weapons.

I'm inclined to say the thing just doesn't exist, but if it does, it's most definitely a hack of some kind.

Soukosa
Jan 6, 2004, 03:52 PM
It's most likely just an item that ST might use in a future quest.

Rogue100
Jan 7, 2004, 05:27 PM
First of all, I'm well aware of what an S-Rank is! If you had read all of the original post, it would have been clear to all but the most dense that I was not referring to an S-Rank (or any other weapon for that matter as I clearly stated it was a usable item rather than an equipable item).

As far as the item goes, I tested it on a temp character and didn't see any sort of results, so it is probably one of those hacks that requires a mod chip to use.