PDA

View Full Version : Androids in Ultimate Jungle...

JavaMoon
Jan 6, 2004, 02:31 AM
I have two androids (HUcaseal and RAcaseal) in Ultimate CCA. I am trying to beat Mericarol but the bastard keeps killing me in one hit! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_argh.gif

Can anyone recommend some strategies for this enemy? I've tried freezing but the monster shoots and kills me before I can freeze it again.

Neifan
Jan 6, 2004, 03:36 AM
Just drop another freeze trap before the first one wears off. That's what I always do whenever I'm facing a tough opponent. If you'll listen, the ice makes little *plink* noises as the enemy is frozen. Usually, after the first time it goes *plink plink*, two noises in a row, I drop another trap. Time it right, and the second will detonate just as the first wears off.

Rainbowlemon
Jan 6, 2004, 05:30 AM
I'm not certain, it is a form of megid that mericol uses isn't it? Try equipping some slots with dark resistance, and maybe find & equip a Delasaber's shield. This should increase your chance of surviving when getting hit. Also, try freeze/damage trap combos - set a freeze, then 2 damage, then repeat.

A2K
Jan 6, 2004, 05:34 AM
^ Nope, it's not a Dark attack. It's just an extremely powerful strike that takes away an amount of HP that's a lot more than what most people have.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: A2K on 2004-01-06 02:37 ]</font>

lain2k3
Jan 6, 2004, 10:34 PM
On 2004-01-06 02:34, A2K wrote:
^ Nope, it's not a Dark attack. It's just an extremely powerful strike that takes away an amount of HP that's a lot more than what most people have.

exactly. I've seen a level 192 racast with 3 god/hp equipped survive it.

thats it though.

JavaMoon
Jan 7, 2004, 08:16 AM
On 2004-01-06 19:34, lain2k3 wrote:

On 2004-01-06 02:34, A2K wrote:

exactly. I've seen a level 192 racast with 3 god/hp equipped survive it.

thats it though.

Sounds like this is online...which means it's worse. I'm talking about offline only.

Hey, has PSOWorld been able to calculate how much damage his strike does? That would be a helpful guide.

Tilldawn
Jan 7, 2004, 10:13 AM
For your racast i would recommend getting a frozen shooter, hildetorr is your best bet aslong as u have a yellowboze, purplenum and *cant rememebr other ID's* keep using its freezing special and it wont affect u http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif, for your hunter i suggest the freeze traps like the others said, but try and get a mechgun or a handgun to take it from a distance.. e.g u shoot one shot dodge shoot dodge shoot... mighty take a while depending on your ATP but u wont die easily http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

BrokenHope
Jan 7, 2004, 11:37 AM
Position yourself so that when it appears you are standing behind it then just freeze it and use mechs, you'll be close enough that it won't try to use it's 1 hit kill projectile, but you'll have to watch out for when it uses it's gas attack which also kills in 1 hit.

SuperDK
Jan 7, 2004, 04:01 PM
If you have a rifle/handgun weapon, just set a trap, freeze it, do one full combo (3 hits), do 2 more hits (not the full combo) and set another trap. Then wait for it to get out of the ice and blow up your trap. This should work perfectly if you have lots of freeze traps. I do this with my RAcast...that is, until I got my FS.

I dunno about the damage though, since it hasn't hit me ever since. I have over 2000 HP now, so maybe I'll get hit and see approximately how much damage it does.

-Geshtar-
Jan 7, 2004, 06:12 PM
I never had a problem with doing just 3 strong hits with a rifle, they always pull there upper heads back and groan in agony. Thus they never spit at me, just Pow Pow Pow groooooooan. Pow Pow Pow grooooooooan. Pow Pow Pow deeeeeeeead.

But being in the jungle, there may be the lil plants getting in your way. So just experiment, after you kill it easily I'm sure you, like all of us will be a lil dumb-founded like "oh, thats all I had to do? that was eaaaaaasy" http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

SuperDK
Jan 8, 2004, 09:18 PM
On 2004-01-07 15:12, -Geshtar- wrote:
I never had a problem with doing just 3 strong hits with a rifle, they always pull there upper heads back and groan in agony. Thus they never spit at me, just Pow Pow Pow groooooooan. Pow Pow Pow grooooooooan. Pow Pow Pow deeeeeeeead.

But being in the jungle, there may be the lil plants getting in your way. So just experiment, after you kill it easily I'm sure you, like all of us will be a lil dumb-founded like "oh, thats all I had to do? that was eaaaaaasy" http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Ummm...I believe we're talking about the BIG plant here, not the iddy-biddy ones.

MelancholyWitch
Jan 8, 2004, 09:54 PM
getting from far away and shooting him a billion times with a pistol/rifle always works. (just make sure u can aviod the chareing attack)

JavaMoon
Jan 8, 2004, 10:46 PM
On 2004-01-07 07:13, Tilldawn wrote:
For your racast i would recommend getting a frozen shooter, hildetorr is your best bet aslong as u have a yellowboze, purplenum and *cant rememebr other ID's* keep using its freezing special and it wont affect u http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif, for your hunter i suggest the freeze traps like the others said, but try and get a mechgun or a handgun to take it from a distance.. e.g u shoot one shot dodge shoot dodge shoot... mighty take a while depending on your ATP but u wont die easily http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

I have a Frozen Shooter...it would release a blast at me before I could shoot it again, cause usually by the time I got there to freeze him, he'd be just about ready to shoot his blast.

And to those who said a rifle always works, WRONG. That bastard's blast will reach you even if you're against the wall faaar south of him. -_-

excecutor
Jan 9, 2004, 09:57 AM
My hucast has around 1400 hp, I can test the things shot if it kills me in one hit if you would like, how much hp do you have by the way?

Armok
Jan 9, 2004, 12:18 PM
It kills me with 1570 at lv 147 thats all I know. I'll try 1770 but thats as high as my dragon hps will push me.

Armok
Jan 9, 2004, 12:58 PM
Results of me versus Meric

Stats:
1770 hp (1610 max base at lv 151 plus 2 dragon hp and 1 god hp)

Result: dead in 1 hit

Jarek
Jan 9, 2004, 06:17 PM
ahh...i don't think i'll ever have enough hp to survive the attacks. i usually just dodge the shots, get right up in their faces, and use rabarts till it's frozen. if that doesn't work, stay far away so it doesn't see you, and cast grants(this is with my FOmarl); it does a good bit of damage, and has a huge distance. but there might not be enough room if you're talking about the one in the jungle area; in the towers there's plenty of room to stay away and grants. that's my advice.
=)

KingChaos
Jan 9, 2004, 08:45 PM
the racaseal should be easy just use frozen shooter

War_Child
Jan 10, 2004, 12:18 AM
Any rifle and timing when to run will quickly solve your problem. Try to hand around near the door, then pelt (I usually use an Anti Android Rifle, Angel Harp, or Yaskimov mechguns). Time when he is about to shoot, and the second the enemy attacks, run back out the door. Guaranteed saftey and slaughter.

Spider
Jan 10, 2004, 05:31 AM
I'm not sure, but I think its swipe attack damage would be modified by your defence.