PDA

View Full Version : Missing character classes.

watashiwa
Apr 11, 2001, 03:56 PM
Okay, it was once said Sega was planning for 18 character classes. According to my calculations, the missing character classes are:

HUmarl, HUnewm, HUcaseal, RAmarl, RAnewm, RAnewearl, FOmar, FOcast, FOcaseal.

Which would make up for the missing 9.

Now, you're thinking . . "Hey, FOcast and FOcaseal just cannot be!" . . Yeah, me too. So what would the last two character classes be? I was thinking there was a totally different type with two classes in it, but that's just my thoughts. Unless, FOcast and FOcaseal are special androids with VERY limited spell casting capabilities (Still better than the Hunters and HUnewearl), but alot more strength. I dunno, just my guesses.

Anyone want to add their 2 cents?

Mistkerl_Zwo
Apr 11, 2001, 04:05 PM
a FOcaseal would be 1 hot chick!

Core
Apr 11, 2001, 04:38 PM
How come sega never put these classes in?

IceBlink
Apr 11, 2001, 10:40 PM
It would make sense, in a way. Red Ring Rico was a hunter, after all, which would technically make her a HUmarl, a missing class in the game...

But android magic users are a little hard to comprehend, considering they would have no TP, or very little. ^_^; Maybe they use some other source?

DarkWolf
Apr 11, 2001, 10:52 PM
Okee... I got a theory explaining the FOcast and FOcaseal... They aren't androids... they're cyborgs, having human minds, and most of their body is robotic. They are stronger than, say FOmarl, weaker than HUmar, and about half the TP of HUmar, but can use better weapons than any human/newman force, but lack the ability to run due to their clunkiness (kind of like the oversized RAcasts http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_smile.gif )

Contra
Apr 11, 2001, 11:35 PM
I've heard that the missing classes are actually just opposite sex versions of the existing characters.

I've ALSO heard that Sonic Team had all the details and concept art for each character down, but wanted to release the game within a reasonable amount of time.

It's a shame that no one outside of SEGA has ever seen those pictures. I really want to see what a female RAcast looks like!

Rotis
Apr 11, 2001, 11:52 PM
Does anyone know if there's any plans to add the unused characters in a later release? (Obviously not PSO version 2, but perhaps something after that? PSO2?)

I want a FOmar... thinking something like Rune of PSIV... mmm...

On the topic of cyborgs, I noticed that within the different colors of RAcaseals, some look much more human than others... the black ones especially... their faces don't look so mechanical, and they appear to have "real" hair, as well.

watashiwa
Apr 12, 2001, 01:18 AM
Err, I believe the female RAcast is the RAcaseal, guy. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_wink.gif

How I think they had the character classes designed was...

Newm - Newman Male
Newearl - Newman Female
Mar - Human Male
Marl - Human Female
Cast - Android Male
Caseal - Android Female

The particular classes that we have now are just these names with the appropriate class title appended to the front.

HU - Hunter
RA - Ranger
FO - Force

Thus we have the HUmar which is a Human Male Hunter, RAcast which is a Android Male Ranger, FOnewearl which is a Female Newman Force, and so on.

This is where I got my ideas for the missing character classes and what they'd probably be. I don't think there would have been a different "female RAcast". The "female RAcast" is already present, which is a RAcaseal.

MechDan
Apr 12, 2001, 01:45 AM
I thought about this one long and hard, and came up with 3 new character classes which would fill out the existing 9 pretty nicely:

1. FOcaseal. This twisted creation of Dr. Montague was developed from parts of a Sinow Gold. The resulting abomination is an android capable of casting Resta and using Force weapons.

2. RAnewearl. A female ranger who can use techniques. Like the FOnewearl, she has outward pointing ears. Clothes are military style fatigues; hair styles include berets.

3. HUnewm. A male elf without a humungous behind.

I've been drawing what these character classes would look like.

watashiwa
Apr 12, 2001, 02:17 AM
Hey, I wanna see those drawings when you're done with them. Thanks. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_wink.gif

Draekkan
Apr 12, 2001, 04:36 AM
Well with those classes you mentioned, atashiwa, I would think the FOcast and Focaseal are somewhat out. However there are two races not represented anywhere: Motavians and Dezorians. Maybe the two remaining classes are these two. Obviously there are no HU, RA, or FO because they are not from Palma.