PDA

View Full Version : Pouilly Slime Question

Omni-Man
Jan 6, 2004, 04:23 PM
This has to be a fluke...

I looked up heyf00l's drop chart to find Pouilly (red) slimes drop Morning Glory 1/2 the time for greennill...

I am in an ULT Soul of Blacksmith run piping slimes in the 2 slime room.

I have seen 3 so far... 0 Morning Glories, 0 ANYTHING.

Now I should mention, this is all in the SAME run. I split the slimes untill i get a red, then i JUST KILL POUILLY...
Is there an algorithm that prevents drops after a certain # of splits?

I am NOT using any game enhancer or outside cheats.

Just wondering what gives...

PhatDiddy
Jan 6, 2004, 05:08 PM
use some common sense just b/c the drop rate is 1/2 does not meen that 1 out of every 2 will drop a rare. it just meens that thats the overall likelyhood of anything being dropped. take another example: agito from Tallow for bluefull has a drop rate of sumthing like 28000. now i could go and get an agito of the next tollaw i kill or i could kill 28000 and find nuthin. its just probablity u learn bout it in school than u'll understand.

drizzle
Jan 6, 2004, 05:13 PM
Think you have it bad? I got 1 GUARD WAVE out of 10 Pal Rappies :/
(and 0 Morning Glory from 1 Red Slime so far http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif)

darthsaber9x9
Jan 6, 2004, 05:18 PM
1 slime- 1 glory

o and yes slimes are funny things theres some stupid thign about em....cant remember it tho

Omni-Man
Jan 6, 2004, 05:24 PM
Wow thanks Phatdaddy....

Sarcasm aside, I am not applying for a sympathy license; I just wanted to know if I had tripped something in the game.

BTW Phatdaddy... I'll make you a deal. Ill go back to school and learn about probability, statistics, calculus and math theory if YOU go and take an intensive 18-month course in English writing, studies, literature and application.

Everybody is happy, and flaming need not be applied.

Thank you.

MaxBuster
Jan 6, 2004, 05:30 PM
It's just a matter of luck. Unless the drop rate is 100%, there will always be a chance the item won't drop. The first 4 Pals for my Greenill all dropped a Guard Wave, but the Pals for my Yellowboze only dropped crap after crap.

PhatDiddy
Jan 6, 2004, 05:42 PM
On 2004-01-06 14:24, Omni-Man wrote:
Wow thanks Phatdaddy....

Sarcasm aside, I am not applying for a sympathy license; I just wanted to know if I had tripped something in the game.

BTW Phatdaddy... I'll make you a deal. Ill go back to school and learn about probability, statistics, calculus and math theory if YOU go and take an intensive 18-month course in English writing, studies, literature and application.

Thank you.

Just so you know, most of the time when people speak on the internet they use short cuts to say things faster. At least most people I know do this, and I'd assume most people all over the world do this. I'm sorry if what I said insulted you I just felt it was a stupid question; just keep looking for rares and sooner or later you might find what you're looking for. (And as you can see I have good writing abilities and skills of the sort).

Nai_Calus
Jan 6, 2004, 06:16 PM
0 -anything- you say? No Monomates, Monofluids, etc? Are you -killing- the slimes when you split them? Split, kill all but one, pipe? Letting them kill eachother? If one of them dies, bam, flagged as dead, will never drop anything, even if it turns to a Pouilly Slime. Never kill slimes or let them kill eachother. And once you get your Pouilly, in my experience it does not matter which order you kill them in. When I got my 8th REDRIA slime that dropped my Lavis Cannon, it was the second to last of the four to go. I didn't even kill the Pouilly that dropped my second Guard Wave, one of the Poufuillies did. Etc. If one dies, move on, you're wasting your time piping that group.

Reiya
Jan 6, 2004, 06:19 PM
On 2004-01-06 14:42, PhatDiddy wrote:

On 2004-01-06 14:24, Omni-Man wrote:
Wow thanks Phatdaddy....

Thank you.

Just so you know, most of the time when people speak on the internet they use short cuts to say things faster. At least most people I know do this, and I'd assume most people all over the world do this. I'm sorry if what I said insulted you I just felt it was a stupid question; just keep looking for rares and sooner or later you might find what you're looking for. (And as you can see I have good writing abilities and skills of the sort).

exactly, i use shorter words so? just common sense really......no point writing up in full sentences, cuz ppl dont really care bout that shit, aslong as its readable.

Omni-Man
Jan 6, 2004, 07:08 PM
*Nods in PhatDiddy's direction*

Hey I understand; for the record, I try to research most of the excellent PSO FAQ's here first before posting a question. I may be long-winded, but I certainly dont want to waste anybody else's time on a question that has already been answered.

I was unaware of the "dead slime flag"... that's probably the quandry I have run into.

Once more into the breach, I guess...

BTW, I know most people would rather communicate quickly than clearly... I'm just not one of them. I prefer to be understood so that I can ACCURATELY address any problems and challenges I face. This is my preference; you are entiltled to your own.

Thank You.