PDA

View Full Version : Player Killing!!??

Achilles6
Jan 6, 2004, 09:45 PM
I was wondering if there would be anytype of PKing system on PSO like that on Diablo? Any information would help me and any thoughts about the topic would intrest me in my own opinion of PKing (people killing

Thank you in advance.

Dhylec
Jan 6, 2004, 10:04 PM
nope, so far, ep2 is safe from PK
there is a battle mode for those who wanted a kill other than the usual game enemies http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

ABDUR101
Jan 6, 2004, 10:50 PM
hahah, this brought back memories of DC Version 1 with being pk'd. mid-step. XD

Oh the horror of someone joining your open game, were they a theif who would steal your meseta and weapon when you died, would they res you or laugh and go on, would they nab a rare and then DC, or would they just pk you over and over.

badbitz
Jan 6, 2004, 11:27 PM
sounds horrifying...
luckily, i never played PSO on DC

and no there isnt pking yet and I dont think there will be -_-

Castershell
Jan 6, 2004, 11:30 PM
sadly, I believe it will happen eventually....though I wonder how that would work on ep 3 *imagines a PK card*

Ice_
Jan 7, 2004, 12:56 AM
we all know that all the cards will be dupes in pso ep3.

Outrider
Jan 7, 2004, 01:25 AM
On 2004-01-06 21:56, Ice_ wrote:

Glad to hear optimism is dead.

Bervda
Jan 7, 2004, 02:02 AM
Optimism isn't dead, but let's be honest... Every version of PSO for all platforms it has been released on has had duping. I'm not saying I want to see it happen in the next title, but he may not be far from home with his statement.

Buuyon
Jan 7, 2004, 02:23 AM
Pking wont do anything on GC...
*you die*
1337 h4x0r:HAH NOW U NED GO TO P1 2 REV AN LOS MES...HA!
you:oh wow that sucks so bad for me...
then you see the kid tomoro in the lobby beggin for rares and asking how to dupe...lol

KaFKa
Jan 7, 2004, 03:40 AM
On 2004-01-06 23:23, Buuyon wrote:
Pking wont do anything on GC...
*you die*
1337 h4x0r:HAH NOW U NED GO TO P1 2 REV AN LOS MES...HA!
you:oh wow that sucks so bad for me...
then you see the kid tomoro in the lobby beggin for rares and asking how to dupe...lol

lol, that sounds about right ahhah

anwserman
Jan 7, 2004, 12:17 PM
On 2004-01-06 23:02, Bervda wrote:
Optimism isn't dead, but let's be honest... Every version of PSO for all platforms it has been released on has had duping. I'm not saying I want to see it happen in the next title, but he may not be far from home with his statement.

Not the X-Box with Downloaded Patch version!.....

(scampers away)

JohanCC
Jan 7, 2004, 04:11 PM

How would it be possible to dupe cards in ep3? You never can drop cards, there are no shops, there is no bank, etc., etc.

Saiffy
Jan 7, 2004, 04:52 PM
On 2004-01-07 13:11, JohanCC wrote:

How would it be possible to dupe cards in ep3? You never can drop cards, there are no shops, there is no bank, etc., etc.

dont even bother anymore. People will just not realize it

HUnewearl_Meira
Jan 7, 2004, 08:51 PM

Duping was figured out rather quickly in all the other versions. Episode 3's been out in Japan for well over a month. Has duping become a problem yet?

Honestly, Episode 3 doesn't seem to be attractive to that sort of mentality. Probably seeing that it's considerably less hack'n'slash, and considerably more think-tank.

Kupi
Jan 7, 2004, 09:40 PM
In just about any card game, the value of a given card is in no way determined by its rarity. Whether or not duping (if it's possible at all) becomes widespread in Ep3 depends upon the rarity to value ratio of any given card.

Blue-Hawk
Jan 7, 2004, 11:36 PM
On 2004-01-06 19:50, ABDUR101 wrote:
hahah, this brought back memories of DC Version 1 with being pk'd. mid-step. XD

Oh the horror of someone joining your open game, were they a theif who would steal your meseta and weapon when you died, would they res you or laugh and go on, would they nab a rare and then DC, or would they just pk you over and over.

Or like that time I had in v1 when a PK'er and thief returned my weapon to me telling me it was crap. Apparantly, that idiot didn't know it had 50% on an attribute. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

opaopajr
Jan 8, 2004, 04:58 AM
all i have to say about ep 3 and it being in japan and no duping yet... japan is not america.

when it's released in america it'll be a matter of when, not if.

that said, there'll be less irritating fools, because it's a more thinking man's game, therefore not appealing to a lot of the dupers out there.

kevlar_pso
Jan 8, 2004, 02:57 PM
Ok, back to what this thread was about!

I am surprised that Pking hasn’t reared it’s ugly head yet on the GCN. I remember my 1st time getting nailed. Some Hunewearl joins and wants the three of us who were already here to join her in the forest. After we all arrived she raised her arms (as if casting resta?) and we all took a red nap. Lost my meesta, couple hundred thousand, and my legit Delsaber’s Buster which I had just made myself.

Let’s not even go into NOLing!

If Pking does come out on GCN, I’m only gonna play Ep III and will only play Ep I&II on my Xbox version. But if you do wanna fight other ppls, you got Battle mode for that.