PDA

View Full Version : GC: Thought(s) about PSO Plus

Vicious128
Jan 6, 2004, 11:06 PM
Say when the Plus version is released, we'll be most likely can only pay for it, instead of trading it back in, like the recall in Japan. Would you guys think so too?

Castershell
Jan 6, 2004, 11:43 PM
when....is it coming out anyway? I'm finally getting a BBA for my GC and I'm wondering whether I should wait for it, or go ahead and get the normal ep. 1 & 2

Buuyon
Jan 7, 2004, 02:27 AM
theres no point unless you need to have the online quests offline...other then that theres no point...so it stops duping...for you...
MR.H4X:IM DOP NOW
you:NO YOU CANT CUZ I HAVE PSO PLUS AND THAT STOPS DUPING!!!
lobby:(laughs) yeah it patches it for you only...

see its pointless...people think its stoping duping(or did)...hey retards dupers arnt gonna buy it...wow that stops...the legits from duping...1 step for man kind...and 2 steps back for pso....

PatserGOUKI
Jan 7, 2004, 03:48 AM
It DOENST! stop duping when u still got the original Episode 1+2 (v1.1). becasue you can still go back and dupe your stuff, and then go play "plus"!

PatserGOUKI

Superguppie
Jan 7, 2004, 05:02 AM
That's why a disc-trade would be a good suggestion. Ofcourse that would also require the non-plus versions to be no longer supported online after the trade period is over.
And from what I heard of the way plus was brought to Japan, I don't think ST will do a disc-trade. So, duping is here to stay....

kingmurp
Jan 7, 2004, 05:23 AM
Unless they shut down the old versions. That would stop duping.

-Luke-
Jan 7, 2004, 11:22 AM
Ah, but you see, that would require effort, and losing money. Both things ST is not fond of.
Luke

Castershell
Jan 7, 2004, 06:38 PM
but I mean, are there any other additions or improvements other than the new offline quests? maybe a tiny bit of graphics tweaking, bugs or glitches fixed? anything?

Honestly, I don't care about duping, I could never do it right anyway. (and no I'm not asking for help, I could really care less)

Zaneatron
Jan 7, 2004, 06:58 PM
On 2004-01-07 00:48, PatserGOUKI wrote:
It DOENST! stop duping when u still got the original Episode 1+2 (v1.1). becasue you can still go back and dupe your stuff, and then go play "plus"!

PatserGOUKI

if you carry over your characters from v1.1 to PSO+ they cant be taken back. once theyre there, they are there to stay. its someting to do with the save. it gets changed by plus, so it cant be used with the old game http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif
they may be compatable offline, but i dunno bout that one :S

HUnewearl_Meira
Jan 7, 2004, 07:03 PM
From what I understand, there are a number of patched bugs, and I wouldn't be surprised if it's been modified to prevent the shop dupe. There really isn't a whole lot of incentive to buy it. I will though, assuming it DOES get released in the US (no reliable word on it yet), because dammit, it'll be nice to see something on the list of quests in Episode 2, offline. Beyond that, if I come back to the game in ten years or so, after the servers have been shut down for good, it'll be nice even yet to be able to play these Episode 2 quests.

AppieDPC
Jan 7, 2004, 08:35 PM
On 2004-01-06 20:06, Vicious128 wrote:
Say when the Plus version is released, we'll be most likely can only pay for it, instead of trading it back in, like the recall in Japan. Would you guys think so too?

PSO Plus is payed for in Japan, you buy it in a shop.
JPN Version 1.0 was the disc you needed to trade-in in order to get JPN Version 1.1

On 2004-01-07 02:02, Superguppie wrote:
That's why a disc-trade would be a good suggestion. Ofcourse that would also require the non-plus versions to be no longer supported online after the trade period is over.
And from what I heard of the way plus was brought to Japan, I don't think ST will do a disc-trade. So, duping is here to stay....

LMAO
LMFAO!!
Sorry but really the very reason why Plus was released in Japan is to stop the disc trading from 1.0 to 1.1 (which had been going on for a year now). And now you find it a good idea to start it again with Plus? LOL

On 2004-01-07 15:58, Zaneatron wrote:

On 2004-01-07 00:48, PatserGOUKI wrote:

PatserGOUKI

if you carry over your characters from v1.1 to PSO+ they cant be taken back. once theyre there, they are there to stay. its someting to do with the save. it gets changed by plus, so it cant be used with the old game http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Zaneatron I don't know where you have been http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif, but Plus doesn't actually convert your file to Plus. I didn't get any pop-up window (like in the 1.0 tot 1.1 transfer) telling me it can't be used anymore on 1.1 after the transfer. I even tested this with Gouki offline. And after we played Plus and pressed Quit & Save we went back with the very same memory card to 1.1 and had no problems what so ever. However I didn't test it by I logging online on Plus, but I really doubt that is any different from offline in this case(a patch that is activated only when you log online sounds weird too). A pop-up window when you load up the game like in the 1.0 to 1.1 transfer, makes more sense if you ask me. And that screen was nowhere to be found on Plus.

Btw for the record: Shop Dupe is gone on Plus and the double save online is gone too (though I still need to double check the latter myself, but numurous sources confirm this).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AppieDPC on 2004-01-07 17:46 ]</font>

Superguppie
Jan 8, 2004, 05:12 AM
On 2004-01-07 17:35, AppieDPC wrote:

LMAO
LMFAO!!
Sorry but really the very reason why Plus was released in Japan is to stop the disc trading from 1.0 to 1.1 (which had been going on for a year now). And now you find it a good idea to start it again with Plus? LOL

Well, I don't know why they wanted v1.0 replaced by v1.1. But from what I heard it had to do with cheating. So, if they are serious about doing something about cheating, a trade-in would be the way to do it. If there's no trade-in, everyone can indeed keep his v1.1 for duping and such alongside their plus for the bugfixes and the quests...

Zaneatron I don't know where you have been http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif, but Plus doesn't actually convert your file to Plus. I didn't get any pop-up window (like in the 1.0 tot 1.1 transfer) telling me it can't be used anymore on 1.1 after the transfer. I even tested this with Gouki offline. And after we played Plus and pressed Quit & Save we went back with the very same memory card to 1.1 and had no problems what so ever. However I didn't test it by I logging online on Plus, but I really doubt that is any different from offline in this case(a patch that is activated only when you log online sounds weird too). A pop-up window when you load up the game like in the 1.0 to 1.1 transfer, makes more sense if you ask me. And that screen was nowhere to be found on Plus.

That's odd. I think I heard the same things as Zeneatron. Just after plus was out there were people claiming data was converted and could no longer be used on 1.1. If I remember correctly we even had a discussion about the fact that 1.1 saves could still be used on the B-card so you could transfer items to and from there. This is the first time I heard that plus saves ARE 1.1 saves...

Btw for the record: Shop Dupe is gone on Plus and the double save online is gone too (though I still need to double check the latter myself, but numurous sources confirm this).

Together with the claim of other bug fixes and the offline quests that were added I see reason enough to get it. I'll wait for it to come to EU though...

PatserGOUKI
Jan 8, 2004, 05:50 AM
On 2004-01-07 15:58, Zaneatron wrote:

Sorry to say Zaneatron, I tested this. First we played v1.1 (japanese) then we went to play the "plus". We couln't dupe in there. After that we got back to v1.1, IT WORKS. And the stupid thing is: we could also dupe again in v1.1. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

confirmed and tested by AppieDPC and PatserGOUKI.

PatserGOUKI

PatserGOUKI
Jan 8, 2004, 05:55 AM
On 2004-01-08 02:12, Superguppie wrote:
That's odd. I think I heard the same things as Zeneatron. Just after plus was out there were people claiming data was converted and could no longer be used on 1.1. If I remember correctly we even had a discussion about the fact that 1.1 saves could still be used on the B-card so you could transfer items to and from there. This is the first time I heard that plus saves ARE 1.1 saves...

Well we tested it and heard it confirmed for more people here. Most of the time I dont believe it untill I try something myself, to see what happens. We both tried and it is like Appie said. Plus saves ARE v1.1 saves!
The stupid thing is (as I post this for the 5th time on the forum) after you played "plus", you can go back to v1.1 and dupe again. Whats that for strange idea SonicTeam?

PatserGOUKI

Superguppie
Jan 8, 2004, 07:06 AM
On 2004-01-08 02:55, PatserGOUKI wrote:
The stupid thing is (as I post this for the 5th time on the forum) after you played "plus", you can go back to v1.1 and dupe again. Whats that for strange idea SonicTeam?

That's not stupid at all. The shop-glitch is in the program data on your disk, not in your saved data. The glitch works in v1.1, independent of the character/item data. I can't imagine what they could do to that data that would prevent the shop-glitch.

Of course it would have been better to have a conversion that would prevent going back. I am as amazed as you are that they didn't do that.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Superguppie on 2004-01-08 04:09 ]</font>

AppieDPC
Jan 8, 2004, 11:53 AM
On 2004-01-08 04:06, Superguppie wrote:

That's not stupid at all. The shop-glitch is in the program data on your disk, not in your saved data. The glitch works in v1.1, independent of the character/item data. I can't imagine what they could do to that data that would prevent the shop-glitch.

Yup http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Of course it would have been better to have a conversion that would prevent going back. I am as amazed as you are that they didn't do that.

I'm not amazed at all!
For PSO Plus to be an exclusive Plus file would upset many, MANY Japanese players who can't play with their 1.1 mates in offline multiplayer thanks to the "PSO Plus Only" file they have. And to bann all old versions of PSO and make Japanese players transfer again won't be done, this would truelly piss of the Japanese players. They already had to restart once after the 1.0-1.1 transfer.

A year has passed in Japan for people to exchange their 1.0 (which was indeed made a trade-in because of an easy dupe method) for 1.1. Note that the dupe method was exposed a week after JPN release. So in order to save the PSO community at that time from all the duping was to re-release Ep1&2 in Japan. Now you ask of Sonic Team an exchange of the discs over 3 (!!!) regions. You want them to be broke before they can release the next PSO?
Besides even if they did do this a new dupe method WILL be made. And then you want another trade-in?!

And like PatserGOUKI said: we tested it. Now the only question that remains for you: "How good is our word?" That is up to you. I have absolutely no reason to lie about this what so ever. Can't even think of a reason to lie about this.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AppieDPC on 2004-01-08 08:54 ]</font>

JohanCC
Jan 8, 2004, 09:22 PM
On 2004-01-08 02:12, Superguppie wrote:

What you probably heard, was that you get converted IF YOU'RE USING V1.0. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Vicious128
Jan 8, 2004, 10:39 PM
Arg...is the U.S. ver. 1.1 or not? I keep hearing yes' and no's.

But yeah i was getting things a bit mixed up between 1.1 and Plus. My bad.

Superguppie
Jan 9, 2004, 03:25 AM
Anything released outside Japan is v1.1.

AppieDPC
Jan 9, 2004, 09:32 AM
On 2004-01-08 19:39, Vicious128 wrote:
Arg...is the U.S. ver. 1.1 or not? I keep hearing yes' and no's.

Well looking at the AR codes released for the USA they have two versions. 1.0 and 1.1. USA 1.0 has, like the JPN 1.0, the C-Mode bug and some other bugs that were in JPN 1.0 too. These people play on the current servers and didn't need to trade-in shit like it was in Japan.
The reason for this was that there weren't many USA 1.0's, all were sold before christmas last year. And after that ST only delivered USA 1.1. I doubt ST will screw the few USA 1.0 players by deleting all their items when they transfer to Plus as is the case in a JPN 1.0 to JPN Plus transfer. USA 1.0 even plays on "our" servers. So if they condone that, they will also condone no item loss during the transfer to Plus (I think http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif ).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AppieDPC on 2004-01-09 06:39 ]</font>

Kraida
Jan 10, 2004, 11:19 AM
Anyone know what the "undisclosed content" is, or are they just talking cobblers? Plus should be good for people like me who can't get online. Finally I can trade my 200+ photon drops..... No... Seriously.

Jack
Jan 10, 2004, 11:42 AM
USA 1.0 doesn't have the Challenge Mode duplication bug. USA 1.0 has older PPPoE libraries, which caused problems with DSL users. V1.1 fixes these and these alone.

Neo Rei
Jan 10, 2004, 04:14 PM
On 2004-01-07 17:35, AppieDPC wrote:

That's false. The game double saves. However, it does not double save when you create a team.

And it FSODs too, lol.

Butoden
Jan 10, 2004, 04:52 PM
So the only advantage you have over PSO episode 1 and 2 is that you get Episode 2 Quests???

Neo Rei
Jan 10, 2004, 07:40 PM
A few glitches are fixed, offline Episode II C-mode and a few extra battle rules too. Not sure about this last one.

I got it because I still didn't have PSO EpI&II http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

trypticon
Jan 10, 2004, 09:00 PM
Doesn't PSO + already have a downloadable quest; the central dome fire swirl? Maybe I'm not remembering right, but I thought that I read it did. I would love to see this on the normal version of episode 1 & 2. If PSO + already has it, Sonic Team might be hoping (beyond hope, because a single downloadable quest is nothing) that this might be a draw for people to purchase this updated copy.

Castershell
Jan 11, 2004, 12:35 AM
What I'm still wondering, is if there's a known release date for it in the US, if it's coming here at all! I need to know if I should wait for it, or just get the normal ep 1 & 2.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Castershell on 2004-01-10 21:36 ]</font>

trypticon
Jan 11, 2004, 01:19 AM
I have read that the release date for the US is next month, around the same time that PSO episode 3 is released. If it's going to come out here, that would be the time to do it, since episode 1 & 2 has disappeared from just about every store shelf in my area. That should hopefully be a good time that Nintendo starts shipping the modem and broadband adapters to retail outlets again, which I'm surprised that didn't do after Mario Kart Double Dash was released.

Neo Rei
Jan 11, 2004, 06:22 AM
On 2004-01-10 18:00, trypticon wrote:
Doesn't PSO + already have a downloadable quest; the central dome fire swirl? Maybe I'm not remembering right, but I thought that I read it did. I would love to see this on the normal version of episode 1 & 2. If PSO + already has it, Sonic Team might be hoping (beyond hope, because a single downloadable quest is nothing) that this might be a draw for people to purchase this updated copy.

If I recall correctly some snapshots were posted somewhere on these forums. One of them showed Central Dome Fire Swirl. I can't confirm that yet... there is still too much to unlock offline for me...

EDIT:
http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=70593&forum=1&start=60

People confirm. Fire Swirl is on Plus http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Neo Rei on 2004-01-11 03:24 ]</font>

-Luke-
Jan 11, 2004, 07:23 AM
Sorry about the short post, but what about Europe? I have no BB, so I cannot do any of the tower quests or any of the other cool stuff only online...I know ST stopped selling PSO in most of Europe, but I would be willing to buy Plus for the quests and new content.
better if it was all downloadable though...*evil look*
Luke

AppieDPC
Jan 11, 2004, 10:42 AM
On 2004-01-10 08:42, Jack wrote:
USA 1.0 doesn't have the Challenge Mode duplication bug. USA 1.0 has older PPPoE libraries, which caused problems with DSL users. V1.1 fixes these and these alone.

Ah I see, like JPN 1.0 also has PPoE problems http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Fire Dome Swirl IS on Plus.
You need to clear some quests in Ep1 offline quests in order to get it.

Anybody who wants to trade in their Photn Drops offline in Plus: you can't. Gallon's Shop isn't offline selectable.

And what the undisclosed content is of Plus. I wouldn't know. New items? Just rumours.

Ketchup345
Jan 11, 2004, 10:45 AM
Question I asked in the other thread that got buried:

Can you do the online quests that are offline with multiplayer split screen?

Example: I want to do West Tower or whatever, can I play with 3 people offline?

AppieDPC
Jan 11, 2004, 06:49 PM
We forgot to test that http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif
I will test it sunday next week.
(have to wait for my new JPN cube)

Crystal_Shard
Jan 11, 2004, 07:58 PM
I did attempt to play EP 2 Quests in offline Multi.
The effect is the same as EP 1.

No quests can be played in offline multi still.

Vicious128
Jan 11, 2004, 11:02 PM
LMAO. It's ridiculous that you still cannot do the offline quests in multi-mode, especially if it is the towers quests. It going to be a world of hate and pain when they try it the first time in Ultimate.
Sorry. Sonic Team. Sorry.