PDA

View Full Version : I think 'special' attacks should always be in effect

Shir
Apr 11, 2001, 09:10 PM
I don't know about most of you, but I hardly ever use the 'special' attack. I don't have enough free button spaces to worry about something that misses most of the time.
I think if a weapon has a special attribute, it should always be in effect. For a frost saber, the weapon itself is ice element and thus every attack has an ice effect. For specials like 'kills with one hit' and 'paralizes', just have every attack have a chance to do that stuff. Like weapons in RPGs tend to do. Remember Rika's claws that killed things randomly?
As it is, I hardly ever use special attacks.

SaitoH
Apr 11, 2001, 09:31 PM
Actually Shir, it really depends on the type of weapon. The only button I use on my Frying pan, S-beats and C-sorcerer's is the special. Most swords and guns though, I tend to focus on strong attacks only. Especially when I need extra buttons for spells.

Danger_Girl
Apr 11, 2001, 09:39 PM
I think thats a good idea. They could perhaps alter some of the percentages of success. S-beats and the like would be mighty powerful, but all in all I like the suggestion. For force using characters, button space is at a premium.

You know what drives me nuts? I hate how the photon blast cover up your second set of buttons! I would say about 80% of the time I use my photon by mistake. "Damnit! Thats not Resta!!!!"

Wu
Apr 11, 2001, 09:54 PM
Danger Girl suffers from premature emagulation.

ONe good thing about being a -cast, we have plenty of buttons. My force drives ne nuts, as I have to switch them around all the damn time.