PDA

View Full Version : GC differences with DC?

Cap_Canuk
Jan 8, 2004, 12:11 AM
is there some reason I'm finding all sorts of items at a very early level playing on my GC (such as trigrinders!!, something-or-other arms, etc...).

I've played about 80 hours on the DC, in the beginner level (normal?), making it through the forest and the caves (but not yet past De Rol Le), and am around level 35 character.

Now, on my GC, I'm only at level 7, barely through the forest, haven't even met the dragon yet (too chicken, actually), and already I'm bumping into items I would have considered rare on my DC.

I didn't realize there would be such differences between the systems/versions of the game.

Or is it simply because I'm playing with a (ever so slightly) different character? (different name... human ranger, though)

Neifan
Jan 8, 2004, 12:38 AM
It's a version difference. I remember the first week I had PSO for GC, I was finding trigrinders and add slots and photon drops all over the place. Now, I rarely find trigrinders and photon drops, and I haven't seen an add slot in ages. I don't know. I guess they just decided to be nice to beginners. Some things will be easier to find on GC than they were on DC. Of course, some things will be harder.

Also, level 7 is more than enough to beat the Dragon. And, uh, you coulda murdered murdered De Rol at 35. Besides, what's it matter if you die? Just try again. You don't lose your weapon this time around, just your cash.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Neifan on 2004-01-07 21:41 ]</font>

Leighton
Jan 8, 2004, 03:40 AM
I didnt play the DC version of PSO but really wanted too. I just think that there are a lot of more rare drops then trigrinders and photon drops, I have seen lots of rare weapons and so many more things that seem rare to me. I guess the transition from DC to GC would make it seem extreme if the rarity was that low in DC. Thats good for me cuz I already don't get much rare items now so I would probly go crazy if I played DC version. (maybe if I played the DC first it would be weird)

Dhylec
Jan 8, 2004, 11:07 AM
gc/dc updates/changes here
http://pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=959

MaxBuster
Jan 8, 2004, 04:46 PM
If you play both versions til the end, you'll realize that it's kinda the opposite of what you said. In DC ver.1, Specials Weapons are everywhere, minimum of 2-3 per room, while in GC the rares are actually rare, average of only 2-3 per run.

White_Knight
Jan 8, 2004, 08:04 PM
I still have my DC version and by the end of hard you find rares like mad and in late V.Hard to which is weird but I thinkthe thing I will miss most from my DC to GC is that you could buy Rares yes BUY RARES any way I'm done

MelancholyWitch
Jan 8, 2004, 08:55 PM
Isnt easier to find rares on dc. i found 1 delsabers buster when i was in lvl 112 and my friend got pso for dc for $20 and at lvl 40 hes found like 3 or 4. yeah gc is easiy to finding tool items like grinders and such (materials) but dc has the rares. thats why theres more people that are legit on dc then gc. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Maverynthia
Jan 8, 2004, 11:28 PM
It's HARDER to find the good rares..like bodyparts and such...

However DB sabers, Diskas of.., and Varistas...I could get about 2-3 per every 2 rooms...and I was sick of it..

Now they give me the DB sabers, etc every 2 runs..http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif rat bastards I say!! None of the good stuff...

Neifan
Jan 9, 2004, 12:50 AM
Yeah. The crappy rares were everywhere, even the shops. Good rares, however, were almost impossible to find. My Ver1 HUnewearl never found anything better than the Gae Bolg she bought, and my Ver2 RAcaseal got extremely lucky once and managed to snag an Anti-Android Rifle.

Now, my GC characters have already found nice stuff like a Heart of Poumn, Angel Harp(35% hit, woot!), and a Chain Sawd(lost to corruption, not woot).

RFB
Jan 9, 2004, 02:32 AM
I'm with Neifan. In DC all you kept finding were just DB's SABER and VARISTA u_u always the frigging same thing. In the many months I kept playing V1 the only nice rare that a person of my group of friends found was a C.Bringers Arm. The rest were all dupes (Yes I -WAS- a duper. Since V2, legit).

In V2, ok, there were more stuff... Red Sabers and Red Handguns... for the rest of stuff it was almost imposible to find the nice rares. Almost noone in the whole PSO DC got a legit Lavis Cannon ever, for example. Now on GC you just need to have the right ID and a bit of luck, some runs and it's yours.

GC has less rares drops, but the rares are FRIGGIN' better.

heyf00L
Jan 9, 2004, 03:42 PM
On DC you shouldn't call the Special Weapons you found a lot "rares". They just replaced the regular non rare handguns and stuff. DC still had its enemies set to drop a specific rare.

SonicBlue22
Jan 9, 2004, 08:22 PM
I was amazed at how many rares I found on the GC when I made a transition from the DC.

Barubary6
Jan 10, 2004, 01:27 AM
I never found anything good on Dreamcast. Yet in the rare times that I actually play on Gamecube, I find something or other. >_<

-- Barubary

Cengah
Jan 10, 2004, 02:31 AM
The thing about the DC was that you could actually find great rare's at different times like in Vhard instead of Ult.

On the GC i have to go to ult episode 2 just to find some of the things i could have found in Vhard v1.

The best thing about the GC version is, you don't drop your weapon when you die.

Twardz
Jan 10, 2004, 04:35 AM
i never got a Dragon Slayer from the Dragon on GC ver. yet, were as in the DC ver. i had like... 3 of them. does the Dragon not have a Dragon Slayer on him anymore?

Dhylec
Jan 10, 2004, 12:39 PM
On 2004-01-10 01:35, Twardz wrote:
i never got a Dragon Slayer from the Dragon on GC ver. yet, were as in the DC ver. i had like... 3 of them. does the Dragon not have a Dragon Slayer on him anymore?

nope, dragon in gcpso doesn't awlays drop DS.
for ep1+2 DS drop..
http://pso-world.com/items.php?op=viewarticle&artid=34&sortby=class

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dhylec on 2004-01-12 20:13 ]</font>

Tiamat
Jan 12, 2004, 09:27 PM
I'm getting a Gamecube soon, BBA too, and in the meantime I've gone back to play DC v2 a bit. My level 114 HUnewearl ("Selphie") hardly ever found anything rare. Actually it varied. My first run through Hard Mines and I found an S-Beats' Arm. First run through Hard Ruins 2 and I found a Delsaber's Arm (the Buster one). These are the only 2 enemy parts I've ever found.

Selphie went through a period where all she found were Red Handguns and Ancient Sabers (I used to get like 1 of each every Ult. Forest run). Now she's kinda stuck with nothing. Did 2 complete Ult. Forest - Ruins runs today and all she found were:

1 x Stag Cutlery in F1 (useless to a HUnewearl)
2 x Imperial Pick in R2
1 x Berdysh in R3 (also useless to a HUnewearl)

These are v2 rares, of course. By Ult. Ruins I'm wading through Custom Rays, Bloody Arts, Vises, Justices, Kaladbolgs, Vjaya, Crush Bullets...

Personally, I dislike being in Purplenum because I've never found anything super-rare and worthy to show off with in my 350+ hours gametime. Most notable finds have been:

An Agito (1977)
Photon Claw
Parasite Wear: De Rol
Parasite Wear: Nelgal
Hunter Field
S-Parts ver1.16
Brave Knuckle

What v2 rares I now have, I have traded with legit people online. Things like Dragon's Claw (I wanted one for so long) and Chameleon Scythe. I'm going to try and get all the Enemy weapons on the GC, and a Rappy's Fan too. Wish me luck. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif