PDA

View Full Version : FanFic: The Rift Between Worlds

TalonHUcast
Jan 8, 2004, 01:11 PM
<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TalonHUcast on 2004-01-16 08:00 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TalonHUcast on 2004-01-20 10:29 ]</font>

Hikara
Jan 8, 2004, 02:30 PM
Good.

Short, but good.

Try to make your chapters a little bit longer.

Sord
Jan 8, 2004, 02:38 PM
short, and needs a lot more commas and periods

KaFKa
Jan 8, 2004, 03:15 PM
too short, puntuation/grammatical errors, and weak opening...

why yes, yes i AM a critic...

Sord
Jan 8, 2004, 03:23 PM
everyones who gives there opinion is a critic KafKa...

TalonHUcast
Jan 9, 2004, 01:42 PM
The story wasnt finished being typed and i dont really care that much about punctuation.

Sord
Jan 9, 2004, 01:56 PM
in that case it's just fine

Gaurdian
Jan 9, 2004, 02:01 PM
it wouldn't be so bad if it didn't have that gay name in it.

TalonHUcast
Jan 9, 2004, 02:03 PM
As if you could write a better story...

shinto_kuji
Jan 9, 2004, 02:13 PM
Now, now... let's not start pulling hair and scratching here. Correct punctuation is a very important part of anything you write, whether you like putting it in or not. A story just can't be that well comprehended by readers without it. It takes the flow away when a reader has to reread a sentence just to make sure it ends where they think it does. I suggest running it through a good typing program as an easy way to correct spelling/grammar. And a rough draft/final copy is always a good idea.

KaFKa
Jan 9, 2004, 02:20 PM
On 2004-01-09 11:03, TalonHUcast wrote:

sit down, and go back to refining your literary skills before you start making general accusations like that. especially with people like myself, Hikara, Wolf, and meira on this board...

like shinto said, you need good puntuation to make a good fic. its all about flow and ebb. without punctuation you're in constant flow, wich gives no feeling whatsoever to the story...

Hikara
Jan 9, 2004, 02:33 PM
Must agree with everyone else. PUNCTUATION (and spelling....O_O') are very important parts to the story, or it makes it too difficult for other people to read.

Take KaFKa's advice and check other people's works to get a feel for what it good.

Make it easy to read with the punctuation, or NO ONE will read it.

Sord
Jan 9, 2004, 02:52 PM
On 2004-01-09 11:03, TalonHUcast wrote:

well i hated my first two, though i got compliments on some weird short stories i made. I'm also starting a new one, hoping i like it. Gaishen Dye Noer.

TalonHUcast
Jan 12, 2004, 09:18 AM
To all how made replies since my last post i was only refering to Gaurdian he is a freind of mine and i was just making a jibe at him since he never had the gual to write one for himself, as for grammer and punt i just write what is in my head so the chapters will change a lot till i like it.

TalonHUcast
Jan 12, 2004, 01:06 PM
I JUST GOT A GAMECUBE AND I HAVE NEW CHARS SO IM GOING TO START ANOUTHER STORY WITH THEM I FIRST PERSON POV, IT WORKS BETTER FOR ME.
I MAY CONTINUE TO WRITE ON THIS STORY OR
I MAY NOT....

Garanz2
Jan 12, 2004, 01:48 PM
On 2004-01-12 10:06, TalonHUcast wrote:
I JUST GOT A GAMECUBE AND I HAVE NEW CHARS SO IM GOING TO START ANOUTHER STORY WITH THEM I FIRST PERSON POV, IT WORKS BETTER FOR ME.
I MAY CONTINUE TO WRITE ON THIS STORY OR
I MAY NOT....

See that button to the left of your keyboard? It's called CAPS LOCK. press it, and your replies will be magically transformed from ugly crap into text that does not imply you are a moron.

I know how you feel though. If I posted a link to my first pitiful attempt at a fic you would be laughing. Hard.

TalonHUcast
Jan 14, 2004, 10:24 AM
this story is officaly dead so have you way with it .