PDA

View Full Version : Buying a Hunters License (Serial No. Issues)

Kadou
Jan 8, 2004, 05:02 PM
I finally have the stuff I need to go online! Unfortunetly, I think (but not entirely sure) that I bought my copy of PSO used, so the serial no. and access key sticker was removed. Now, I have a friend who has a copy of PSO but doesn't plan to go online with at any time. I asked if we could switch copies, but he's stubborn and refuses to do so. If I were to somehow attain his serial number *shifty eyes* though, would I be capable of using it with my copy of PSO, or would the game recognize it as being incorrect?

Rich_T
Jan 8, 2004, 06:22 PM
if your freind isnt intending, and more importantly has never been online with PSO you could always aquire those numbers.
however, i would strongly advise that you say what your intentions are, if its the US version of the game, the serial/access key is on a sticker in the game box, if its the EU version its on the back of the instruction booklet.

heres what to do;
US version
offer to buy the serial number/access key off your friend for a small fee ( ie the difference between the used price and the new price) if the sticker is on the gamecase, a simple case swap ( asuming your case is in the same condition) will do for the transaction.

Kadou
Jan 8, 2004, 07:13 PM
Ok. The problem I was having was whether or not the game would recognize the numbers, seeing as with computer programs the correct serial no. is required to install the program.

My friend already thinks I have his serial number and access key, seeing as I wrote them down one time when I was at his place and he managed to find out later. Unfortunetly, I lost the paper I had them written on -_-;. Ah well, I'll just have to buy *cringe* it off him.

CGoodness
Jan 8, 2004, 07:53 PM
Write down the code again, and switch the discs, but not the cases without saying anything.

Rich_T
Jan 9, 2004, 12:50 PM
As far as i know, the discs have nothing to do with the code, the only thing that needs to be the saem with the actual game disc and the codes, is the region ID
EU numbes must be used with an EU disk
US numbers with a US dosc
JP with a JP disc and so on

anwserman
Jan 12, 2004, 03:29 AM
I could give you my serial number for PSO Episode 1 and 2 for GC. I play on the X-Box, and the only time I might go online with the GC would be with Card Revolution, and I'd get a new serial and access number then.

Which I could use with PSO plus if I ever get it for the GC.

PM me if you want me to send you my Serial and Access numbers.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: anwserman on 2004-01-12 00:29 ]</font>

Kadou
Jan 12, 2004, 05:39 PM
Nah, that's alright. Turns out another friend of mine was borrowing the first's PSO copy, so he gave me the SN and AC. I've been playing almost non-stop since Friday.