PDA

View Full Version : Fan Fic Readers and Writers - I need idea for a story

Sord
Jan 8, 2004, 10:06 PM
Ok, i'm scratching all my fics (only two) or will continue them whenever i feel like it, they are all on my hard drive so it doesn't matter if i want to update after they go off the forums. Mostly because i turned out to hate them both.

Idea: Thinking about my character Seph. (same in every way as my character profile says, so i still want the art ladyjaderiver is making me)goes on week long camping trip, comes back and finds Pioneer 1 destroyed, and after searching it and finding dead bodies everywhere, runs off into the forest. Then he finds something there that really makes the plot pick up.

I welcome anybody elses ideas, as long as they don't mind a writer like me using them. Any characters wanting to be used will be accepted, number will depend on if i stick with my idea or go with a suggestion. I know it won't be as origanal, but wth.

shinto_kuji
Jan 8, 2004, 11:14 PM
That sounds generally like a good idea for a plot, but I would scratch the whole camping trip. Maybe switch it to something a little more... er maybe realistic is the word. Military expedition/searching the planet or something would be a little better. Just MO ^-^

And I know what you mean about hating your own fics. I pretty much scratched The Boogie Bop Blues because I just didn't like it>.<; Seems as if I get almost to many ideas for fics.

Sord
Jan 8, 2004, 11:18 PM
hunter expedition then, that would make sense. Now you know why i put this on here!

shinto_kuji
Jan 8, 2004, 11:24 PM
I'm assuming your just not going by the existing plot then? Meaning, no bodies of Pioneer 1 inhabitants were found (just their souls). But then again, that's the beauty of fics>.> <.<

Sord
Jan 8, 2004, 11:30 PM
Well, i find most fics that follow the usual route of "lets go through forest, caves, ruins, fight DF, then go through VR, seabed stuff, fight OF" rather boring. Take Hikara's and Garanz, they tie into the story, but none of it ever happens. Garanz is close, but there's no explanation for left behind messages, and various other things.

Sord
Jan 9, 2004, 01:04 AM
Ok, i'm way to bored to wait, i'm going to do a fic i hopefully like. Although it isn't going to be exactly like the idea.

Nai_Calus
Jan 9, 2004, 02:03 AM
If you're a good enough writer, you can make a fanfic about your character going out and eating breakfast exciting and interesting.

If you're a lousy writer, like me, it doesn't matter how good the story is, it still sucks. *looks guiltily at own fic*

Heh, my problem isn't that I don't like my fic. I do. I just can't write it nearly fast or interestingly enough. Oh well, it'll pick up soon enough. Then it will get boring again. Then it'll pick up again. Meh.

Er. So. Anyway. Go for it?

MQuantum
Jan 9, 2004, 08:33 AM
Ah! i had the idea of writing a short about four friend who took a break from hunting to go eat lunch!

O.o Who are you, that your thoughts run so close to mine?

Well, since you've seemed to have decided, good luck on your ficcie!

shinto_kuji
Jan 9, 2004, 01:13 PM
I thought your fic was good IanO.o Besides, I never get any reads on mine, but I still write... >.< Even my cutesy mag fairy tale got kicked off the first page in a couple of days -.-

Robert_Wolf
Jan 9, 2004, 03:16 PM
Hold up! I'm going to use Seph in my fic! I'll talk to you later today and you can do some side story stuff if you still want me to use him.

Garanz2
Jan 9, 2004, 04:18 PM
On 2004-01-08 20:30, Sord wrote:
Well, i find most fics that follow the usual route of "lets go through forest, caves, ruins, fight DF, then go through VR, seabed stuff, fight OF" rather boring. Take Hikara's and Garanz, they tie into the story, but none of it ever happens. Garanz is close, but there's no explanation for left behind messages, and various other things.

I know there are things I've missed out, such as messages and things, but it would be very difficult to include those sorts of things without keeping to a completely linear format. Most of Rico's messages are player tips anyway, like how to fight enemies, and it's unlikely she would leave messages like them in real life. The messages in the ruins are the only ones that really show what Rico is thinking about. I was originally going to include the messages, but decided not to because I realised it would make the plot too game-like.

Back on topic, you have a good idea, the only real problem is that it sounds very similar to the SiNE/Quint/Slash side story in BFBRRR. I'm not trying to discourage you, I'm just saying it's been done.

Why don't you keep up writing the short funny stories like rappy man? They're usually pretty good.

Sord
Jan 9, 2004, 04:22 PM
Trust me, it's a lot diffrent then the quint/slash/siNE story. If you've read the 2 chapters i have, i don't see how you came to that conclusion.

As for the messages and stuff you left out...that's why your story isn't boring, like others i've read. Who wants to hear of the exact same thing you do in the game?