PDA

View Full Version : XBox: getting online without a broadband conenction

TyroneBiggums
Jan 9, 2004, 04:05 AM
I have heard that it is possible to sign onto Xbox live without the broadband connection that is usually required. I was wondering if anyone had any information as to how this would be done. I know that it will probably lag real bad but I have to try it and at least see how bad it really is for myself. The problem is I can only get online at a friend's house and I haven't done that in months since this friend is a big asshole and quit the game in September so its kind of inconvenient. I should be getting a cable modem soon but in the meantime I am going through withdrawls not being able to play online so any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Jack
Jan 9, 2004, 04:55 AM
You can if you use ICS, but you're being inconsiderate to yourself and other players if you do it like that, since you'll be lagging a lot.

TyroneBiggums
Jan 9, 2004, 05:36 AM
whats ICS?

and is there anyway to do it without lagging real real bad? I know you can play online on Gamecube with dial-up, how bad does that lag?

oh well it might be hopeless I guess I'll have to stop being a cheap ass and pay for a cable modem

TyroneBiggums
Jan 9, 2004, 12:55 PM
anyone care to elaborate?

VioletSkye
Jan 9, 2004, 01:00 PM
On 2004-01-09 02:36, TyroneBiggums wrote:
whats ICS?

Internet Connection Sharing

and is there anyway to do it without lagging real real bad? I know you can play online on Gamecube with dial-up, how bad does that lag?

no. And GC doesn't lag because the servers were designed with dialup in mind.

oh well it might be hopeless I guess I'll have to stop being a cheap ass and pay for a cable modem

good idea. you'll be glad you did. Personally I could never, never, never go back to dialup lol.

BTW this really belongs in Tech Support