PDA

View Full Version : Sneaking around the system

Rainbowlemon
Jan 9, 2004, 07:24 AM
Hey! I just want to find out whether or not this will be possible - I have an Xbox, and a broadband connection. I bought PSO thinking i could connect, only to find that the connection cannot be shared thru multiple Pcs (My Pc downstairs in the study is connected to bb and there is ICS via wireless LAN to my upstairs pc. I tried to connect the xbox to the upstairs pc via an ethernet card, but it wouldn't let me.)
So here's the deal - My brother's friend has 3 gamertags (dont ask) and two he doesn't use. I want to know if I could transfer one of his unused gamertags to my xbox and trick PSO into thinking i've already connected to xbox live...will this work? Or do you still need to be connected to xbox live even to play offline? The manual only says that you need a gamertag, it doesn't specify that you have to be online, but they could just be EVEN MORE annoying. God I hate Sega! Also, do you have to be online to put in your pass for the gamertag? Do you have to put the pass in once, or every time you go on PSO? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

gallaugher
Jan 9, 2004, 10:33 AM
I don't know anything about the gamertag but I think you can get a wireless adapter for your X Box. Linksys makes one that is specifically designed for this. If you go to the video game section of a store like Best Buy or Comp USA you should see it on the shelf.

Rainbowlemon
Jan 9, 2004, 02:52 PM
Just in case anyone needs to know, IT WORKS! The gamertag has to be kept on my memory card, but I only bought it for £5, so NO WORRIES! My HUnewearls at level 8 at this very moment! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif I am a happy chappie this fine evening!