PDA

View Full Version : Pinkal, Pinkal, What Name for a FO?

Amiadon
Jan 9, 2004, 08:52 AM
I have decided to make a new FOnewm, and of course he is going to have a Pinkal ID.

I have not been online for months and I am wondering if these names are widely used or not:

Phorrest
Amiadon Stormcrow (mainly Stormcrow)
Trinity

Particularly Amiadon Stormcrow, since that is the name I like the most right now. If anyone knows, please reply!!

Thanks!!!

Kent
Jan 9, 2004, 08:56 AM
Erm...

http://www.pso-world.com/viewforum.php?forum=7&80693

Amiadon
Jan 9, 2004, 09:16 AM
I figured that I would want your opinion, and I don't want to know what ID, just if my names have been overly used. If a mod wants to move it, that's fine.

Gaurdian
Jan 9, 2004, 01:10 PM
Stormcrow is too bad

Reiya
Jan 9, 2004, 01:27 PM
Amy

lain2k3
Jan 9, 2004, 02:56 PM
trinity is kinda queer for a male char... and either way, pinkal sucks crap.

Pick ANY other ID, and you will be happier.

Nai_Calus
Jan 9, 2004, 02:57 PM
Any name that doesn't result in PINKAL. 'nuff said.

navci
Jan 9, 2004, 03:41 PM
I havn't seen any of the names you mentioned. I think you're safe. However, as mentioned by others, Trinity is kinda weird for a guy.

That being said, name him "Break"... (please don't)

And... go platform shoes!
(official FOnewm supporter is me)

KingChaos
Jan 9, 2004, 06:34 PM
Scorpion Is The best

Newbie100
Jan 9, 2004, 08:20 PM
name him 7

Amiadon
Jan 9, 2004, 08:27 PM
I was thinking Trinity in case I change my mind and go FOnewearl. But I like FOnewms better, so yeah.

Err.... You don't like Stormcrow? What's wrong with it?

KingChaos
Jan 9, 2004, 08:59 PM
go with Scorpion

Amiadon
Jan 9, 2004, 09:07 PM
Is Scorpion Uber-used? I prefer Phorrest or AS...

Anyway, I was wondering why everyone hates Pinkal... aren't they the best ID for a Force? My last Forces weren't Pinkal, and it was quite hard finding useful things with them.

Rep0
Jan 9, 2004, 09:58 PM
http://andyc.dyndns.org/Pinkal.html

ERS
Jan 9, 2004, 10:08 PM
Whoa..

Whoever made that had a lot of time on their hands.

Amiadon
Jan 10, 2004, 03:45 AM
Ya got that right...

I see Phorrest is in there.... damn.

But hey, Amiadon Stormcrow isn't, and I doubt anyone would choose that...

So AS it is!!! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Cengah
Jan 10, 2004, 04:16 AM
Pinkal isn't the best ID for a FO
It get's good techs later on but starting out it sucks.

A better ID for a FO is Yellowboze or anything else.

RAcaseal-Josy
Jan 10, 2004, 04:20 AM
Sakura

silvermax
Jan 10, 2004, 04:30 AM
there is absolutly nothing wrong with the pinkal ID

yall are a bunch of whiners =p

Nai_Calus
Jan 10, 2004, 04:38 AM
Actually, for a FO, PINKAL really isn't that great. This has been discussed many times. Many of what are considered the better Force weapons are difficult or impossible to find on PINKAL. It's hard, sure, to find a Psycho Wand on any ID, but good luck getting it from a Sinow Zele. AFAIK, magic rock "moola" doesn't drop at all, and PINKAL's Star Amp, while by no means impossible, is still a hassle. Why pipe a Hildetorr when you can pipe a Pal Rappy? And PINKAL doesn't find high-level techs any easier than any other ID. PINKAL's main draw, really, is the semi-easy to obtain -Hunter- weapons it finds, IMO. Sure, you find a lot of 9-star wands and canes, but eventually you want something better than those, and you'll be looking a while on PINKAL. *shrug*

Besides, with a FOnewm, you're better off going weaponless anyway. >P Mmm, male unarmed casting speed.

silvermax
Jan 10, 2004, 04:46 AM
On 2004-01-10 01:38, Ian-KunX wrote:
Actually, for a FO, PINKAL really isn't that great. This has been discussed many times. Many of what are considered the better Force weapons are difficult or impossible to find on PINKAL. It's hard, sure, to find a Psycho Wand on any ID, but good luck getting it from a Sinow Zele. AFAIK, magic rock "moola" doesn't drop at all, and PINKAL's Star Amp, while by no means impossible, is still a hassle. Why pipe a Hildetorr when you can pipe a Pal Rappy? And PINKAL doesn't find high-level techs any easier than any other ID. PINKAL's main draw, really, is the semi-easy to obtain -Hunter- weapons it finds, IMO. Sure, you find a lot of 9-star wands and canes, but eventually you want something better than those, and you'll be looking a while on PINKAL. *shrug*

Besides, with a FOnewm, you're better off going weaponless anyway. >P Mmm, male unarmed casting speed.

better force weps big whoop, its all about the 9 star buggers,

and are you sure it doesnt find higher lvl techs?

ive been through Ult caves and been finding lvl 20+ stuff, but with my other chars in Ult caves highest tech lvl ive found is maybe 17 tops

Cengah
Jan 10, 2004, 04:57 AM
It doesnt find higher level techs than any other class.
It just finds techs more often.

silvermax
Jan 10, 2004, 05:01 AM
so then the chances of finding higher lvls increases

and about magic rock "Moola" not droping for pinkal...

you might wana check the item finding thing again itsa all over the place

lain2k3
Jan 10, 2004, 11:34 AM
On 2004-01-10 02:01, silvermax wrote:
so then the chances of finding higher lvls increases

and about magic rock "Moola" not droping for pinkal...

you might wana check the item finding thing again itsa all over the place

the point is that pinkal has about 95% of its drops as uber-crap.

and I find level 25 techs in caves with yellowboze, whitill, and skyly.

_Ted_
Jan 11, 2004, 12:01 AM
Well, you've all stated how crappy pinkal is. Why not go to the next step and suggest a good section ID for a fo and why?

Amiadon
Jan 11, 2004, 12:56 AM
Yes, that would be appreciated http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Amiadon
Jan 11, 2004, 01:00 AM
On 2004-01-10 01:38, Ian-KunX wrote:

If that is true, then why not go Pinkal? The get the most tech discs, don't they?

EDIT: Word change

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Amiadon on 2004-01-10 22:03 ]</font>

Cengah
Jan 11, 2004, 03:40 AM
On 2004-01-10 21:01, _Ted_ wrote:
Well, you've all stated how crappy pinkal is. Why not go to the next step and suggest a good section ID for a fo and why?

I already stated a better choice. Yellowboze find's FO stuff so much easier than pinkal. I only looked for a magic rock moola for about 2 hour's before i found one. I have 4 already. they also find Hildebear's head faster.

Other choices would be Viridia, Whitill, or even Oran is a better choice.

_Ted_
Jan 11, 2004, 04:55 AM
Thank you Cengah, I was and am glad for your help. I was talking to Ian-KunX, lain2k3, and such.

I found my magic rock moola on my blueful the other day off of a pan arms, didn't take me very long to find, not even two hours.

epeon
Jan 11, 2004, 07:16 AM
well I am a pinkal RAmar and I can only find good force stuff. so that sucks for me, but not for you
with your force char. and I think the name stormcrow is cool. I guess...

lain2k3
Jan 11, 2004, 04:12 PM
On 2004-01-11 01:55, _Ted_ wrote:
Thank you Cengah, I was and am glad for your help. I was talking to Ian-KunX, lain2k3, and such.

I found my magic rock moola on my blueful the other day off of a pan arms, didn't take me very long to find, not even two hours.

we did say that it should be ANY other ID. I would go wiht oran or yellowboze for a force. yello gets more money for fluids, and gets both hildeblue abd bears heads with ease.

and we didnt really get any kind of reply that maybe you had seen the posts, or ackowledged our statements...

navci
Jan 11, 2004, 04:19 PM
Ya know. Go for a Pinkal if you already have other IDs that you can grab stuff from. Pinkal does have a relatively easy Agito. And, from what I heard the most useful thing about Pinkal is that you will find all the tech amps. That could come in really handy.

Personally, I have a Redria, Oran, Purplenum and a Pinkal, which was replaced by a Whitill. So. If you only going to have one character, don't pick the Pinkal, pick an ID like ... Yellowboze, or even Whitill. If you have other characters that has one of the other pretty nice IDs, then by all means, go for the Pinkal and name him Stormcrow. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

excecutor
Jan 11, 2004, 04:31 PM
Go redria, yellowboze, or purplenum, all really great IDs.

lain2k3
Jan 11, 2004, 04:40 PM
On 2004-01-11 13:31, excecutor wrote:

how about redria, yellowboze, whitill, oran, purplenum, viridia, greenil, or blueful

they're all great when compared to pinkal.

600 posts!! w00t!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: lain2k3 on 2004-01-11 13:41 ]</font>

excecutor
Jan 11, 2004, 04:48 PM
On 2004-01-11 13:40, lain2k3 wrote:

On 2004-01-11 13:31, excecutor wrote:

how about redria, yellowboze, whitill, oran, purplenum, viridia, greenil, or blueful

they're all great when compared to pinkal.

600 posts!! w00t!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: lain2k3 on 2004-01-11 13:41 ]</font>

Good job on the 600 posts! Well anyways I was just telling you that you forgot about skyly, certanly that is better than pinkal http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Wufei
Jan 11, 2004, 11:03 PM
I'm getting sick of explaining this to people, but there is NO SUCH THING as "faster force male barehanded casting speed." Sure, it looks faster, but it isn't. Test it and see how much TP you use with and without a weapon over a certain period of time. It's the same both ways.

As for the Pinkal ID, it is a really good section ID for forces, even though it can't pipe the Psycho Wand like Purplenum. Pinkal finds a ton of Amplifiers and essential Force weapons early on, like Fire Sceptor: Agni and Storm Wand: Indra.

The Ulimate mode drops for Pinkal aren't very appealing. It has a nice Forest, with the Luminous Field from Tollaws and 1975 Agito from Pal Rappies, but that's about it.

My level 189 FOnewm is Pinkal and I'm not disappointed with my Section ID choice. I was able to make most of my current merges and find my own spell-boosting wands by the time I hit level 80. Not to mention I've found two 1975 Agitos (one of which I've made into the Orotiagito) without even piping. It's also the easiest ID for finding Asukas (Ultimate Barba Ray drops them frequently). Pinkal is also the easiest ID to find God/Abilities with.

I think someone said that you can't get Magic Rock Moola with Pinkal, which is not true. It is an easy drop off a Dubchic.

My advice is to make your force Pinkal, but make a Purplenum character later on to pipe the Psycho Wand. Purplenum is a better ID overall, but Pinkal is where it's at for a self-sufficient force.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Wufei on 2004-01-11 20:24 ]</font>

Amiadon
Jan 11, 2004, 11:46 PM
Thank you very much, I think I'll do exactly that...

Thanks everyone who posted! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Amiadon
Jan 12, 2004, 06:30 AM
Eh, I've recently discovered that the Oran ID gets the Prophets of Motav. Apparently its very good, and some people have said that it is better than the psycho wand. Is this true? Is it better,and what does it do?

Thanks... I know I'm really indecisive, but i want to make sure I'm doing the right thing. Thanks again everyone http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Amiadon on 2004-01-12 03:34 ]</font>

Eeyore
Jan 12, 2004, 07:21 AM
Prophets of Motav is suppose to be a wand that boost ra tech damage by 20% and casts a low level J/Z. A much easier way to get 20% to ra is to switch between using each of those 9 star pinkal wands.