PDA

View Full Version : PSO servers down!

philip
Jan 9, 2004, 02:54 PM
Okey so i cant connect to them and not any of my friends either.. =(
So we fought they were down. The same for you guys?

Superguppie
Jan 9, 2004, 03:18 PM
Yup, although it's weirder than other times. It doesn't say the servers are down, there is just no connection. Not even the welcome screen appears...
And when I try to get to the web-portal, I get the first 2 pages. But when I try to login It says my username and password are wrong. I checked'em 5 times. I am certain they are correct.
So, my guess is we have another maintenance going on. And not a clue if it was scheduled or not, as the page where that message is supposed to be isn't reachable either.
Great going playsega.....

Oh, and before anyone asks, that's the EU servers.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Superguppie on 2004-01-09 12:20 ]</font>

philip
Jan 9, 2004, 03:21 PM
This sucks... I was just going to spend the night with PSO and this happens....

Wonder wen the servers goes up again!

Jack
Jan 9, 2004, 04:04 PM
Interestingly, right before they went down, I went on, and the lag that plagued the servers was completely gone. It was as responsive as it was before.

BOmar
Jan 9, 2004, 04:56 PM
Ugh, I wanted to go through c-mode again tonight http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

I wish they would warn us about these things!

KaFKa
Jan 9, 2004, 04:58 PM
random server crash...? o.0?

Butoden
Jan 9, 2004, 05:09 PM
After this 'bug' is gone, ST should send you mail saying:
Because of server problems we will extend your HL with 1 day

or something...

And it says something about Ver. 2 servers going down to make room for PC Version in the news http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_confused.gif

philip
Jan 9, 2004, 06:03 PM
Yey 1 hole new day on my HL!wooho! Then i can play on the friday and saturday night! YEY! This fing made me happy! ^_^

Jarek
Jan 9, 2004, 06:08 PM
hmm...haven't been online long enough to enjoy that. that would suck if it happened on the weekend, because that's the only time i can go online.

JDA
Jan 9, 2004, 06:57 PM
OK-this is beyond a joke. Even the 50Hz ship is down this time http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Aziangangster
Jan 9, 2004, 07:48 PM
the servers isnt down im on pso rite now.

JDA
Jan 9, 2004, 09:12 PM
On 2004-01-09 12:18, Superguppie wrote:

Oh, and before anyone asks, that's the EU servers.

On 2004-01-09 16:48, Aziangangster wrote:

the servers isnt down im on pso rite now.

Last I checked, Europe didn't include Maryland, but then again my geography was never very good http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Kadou
Jan 10, 2004, 12:14 AM
BLAGH! This was my first night playing PSO online (although I got to level 102 offline), and wouldn't you know that the servers would crash/go down/whatever. Urg..

Note that I'm using US servers, and that I was d/ced about 15 minutes ago and am unable to go back on.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kadou on 2004-01-09 21:15 ]</font>

_tsunami
Jan 10, 2004, 02:26 AM
yes its down here for me too all the way in australia
I connect and then its just stuck there on the looking down onto lobby screen and nothing pops up for me to select ships.

Lillith-Nyo
Jan 10, 2004, 06:58 AM
I can vouch as another Australian. Mighty annoying. >_<

Hi Tsu! It's Arch! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

philip
Jan 10, 2004, 07:13 AM
Okey so they still not up....

Shar
Jan 10, 2004, 10:52 AM
On 2004-01-09 14:09, Butoden wrote:

or something...

I don't think that sega will extend our HL for one day. IIRC in december I couldn't go online because I was banned. I was really mad because I didn't do anything bad at all. So I called sega and they said it was an accident. I thought: "Hmm.. maybe I'll get that day back." Of course I didn't get it.. So why should we get it back now? Sega is just miserly

Lillith-Nyo
Jan 10, 2004, 11:11 AM
Well actually, after about an entire day of unscheduled maintenence last year sometime, they awarded everyone who had a valid HL a free day onto their hunters licence because of it.

I guess thats because it affected everyone maybe? As for the bannings, that was entirely EU... and it seems again that this will be entirely EU... but as for the bannings, not everyone was affected, but there were some wierd outings, like people without hacks getting banned, and then some with hacks escaping it. So perhaps for that instance, giving people with hacks a free day wasn't what ST wanted..

In this case however, seeing as it seems to be quite a major fuckup, as it's messing not only with peoples ability to access online content, but also with peoples accounts..

Superguppie
Jan 10, 2004, 11:16 AM
On 2004-01-10 07:52, Shar wrote:
I don't think that sega will extend our HL for one day. IIRC in december I couldn't go online because I was banned. I was really mad because I didn't do anything bad at all. So I called sega and they said it was an accident. I thought: "Hmm.. maybe I'll get that day back." Of course I didn't get it.. So why should we get it back now? Sega is just miserly

The last 2 long maintenances and the banning incident we DID get a day extra on our HL. So my guess is we will get that again.
However, it won't be in a mail. The Homepage of the EU version might say it. I've seen it once (out of the three times...) Guess we'll just have to see it upon making connection, when that works again.

And I'm beginning to wonder what Sega Europe is doing. Never any word of stuff like this from US or JP. Lag is less when playing on a US server from EU than on EU servers. Unscheduled downtime and stuff like that. I feel like a seconc rate citizen on PSO.

Jack
Jan 10, 2004, 11:43 AM
If you go onto PlaySega now, it's very, very quick. Quicker than it was before. I'm guessing they fixed the lag, but disconnected the logon server by accident.

Caecilius
Jan 10, 2004, 11:44 AM
...Wouldn't you believe I put something up in the Tech Support forum about this???

Servers are down for me. Not sure about the rest of you http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_bored.gif

Butoden
Jan 10, 2004, 12:03 PM
On 2004-01-10 07:52, Shar wrote:

On 2004-01-09 14:09, Butoden wrote:

or something...

I said should, and it would be for the better! Of course ST can defend their position by saying: You can't proof to us that you couldn't go on-line that day, or those day(s). They probably don't want to give you a 'free day' of HL over a lie... Of course you can't proof to ST that you couldn't access online, even if you made a movie on a webcam about it, they would probably say: We didn't got the tape or You altered the tape or whatever other lies they have in store for you!!

I was thinking about how ST should extend your HL by a day if anything like this happens, even Runescape gives you a free day of being a member there, if the servers are down for only 1 hour!! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Shar
Jan 10, 2004, 12:23 PM
I guess I just were bad luck when I got banned.. I really didn't get a free day. Anyway I was playing offline and staight away bad luck. I thought: "Lets create a new character".. yeah right, first temple run I saw a love rappy, but since it was on normal... blah
Please let sega fix it:innocent:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shar on 2004-01-10 09:25 ]</font>

Superguppie
Jan 10, 2004, 12:40 PM
On 2004-01-10 09:03, Butoden wrote:
I said should, and it would be for the better! Of course ST can defend their position by saying: You can't proof to us that you couldn't go on-line that day, or those day(s). They probably don't want to give you a 'free day' of HL over a lie... Of course you can't proof to ST that you couldn't access online, even if you made a movie on a webcam about it, they would probably say: We didn't got the tape or You altered the tape or whatever other lies they have in store for you!!

I can understand you're pissed. So am I. But you still seem to think you won't get creditted a day on your HL. As I said, in the past we HAVE been credited a day on your HL. And that's without even trying to prove anything. Why do you insist we won't get compensated for the downtime?

I was thinking about how ST should extend your HL by a day if anything like this happens, even Runescape gives you a free day of being a member there, if the servers are down for only 1 hour!! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Well, I don't think we'll get a day for an hour of downtime. But for a day? I am confident we will.

Caecilius
Jan 10, 2004, 02:44 PM
I'm starting to think this isn't just the PSO game that's down for me at the mo' since PlaySega won't recognise my password or my username as existant.

I use those friggin' keywords every bloody month to renew my HL!

BOmar
Jan 10, 2004, 02:51 PM
On 2004-01-10 08:43, Jack wrote:
If you go onto PlaySega now, it's very, very quick. Quicker than it was before. I'm guessing they fixed the lag, but disconnected the logon server by accident.

On 2004-01-10 11:44, Caecilius wrote:
I'm starting to think this isn't just the PSO game that's down for me at the mo' since PlaySega won't recognise my password or my username as existant.

It is down for everyone using the PAL version.

Superguppie
Jan 10, 2004, 03:07 PM
On 2004-01-10 11:51, BOmar wrote:

Yeah, but I think what was meant is, it's not the PSO game servers, but more like the authentication server (or logon server, or whatever you wanna call the thing that says you can enter or not) that are out of order.
Normaly when the game servers are down, you get a neat message about it. Now there is just no response. And on the homepage (www.playsega.com) you can't logon either. That's the same database...

philip
Jan 10, 2004, 04:15 PM
Okey more then 24h now... Wtf wen will we be able to play online again! >_<

BOmar
Jan 10, 2004, 04:28 PM
On 2004-01-10 12:07, Superguppie wrote:

On 2004-01-10 11:51, BOmar wrote:

Yeah, but I think what was meant is, it's not the PSO game servers, but more like the authentication server (or logon server, or whatever you wanna call the thing that says you can enter or not) that are out of order.
Normaly when the game servers are down, you get a neat message about it. Now there is just no response. And on the homepage (www.playsega.com) you can't logon either. That's the same database...

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_confused.gif
That's what I was saying.
(Hence the bold tag on the bit about the logon server being knackered)

We deserve 2 free days now...

JDA
Jan 10, 2004, 05:03 PM
Results of testing:

Normal connection attempt - nothing at all once the lobby background screen is displayed (this screen is stored locally, i.e. not downloaded from the servers)

Logging into http://www.playsega.com via Cube or PC - "Sorry, your username or password was not correct. Please try again."

Terminal to 62.73.171.7 (PAL Server), port 9200 (60Hz) or 9201 (50Hz) - absolutely nothing. It should bring up "DreamCast Port Map. Copyright SEGA Enterprises. 1999" - the US server is doing this (as usual) at the moment.

Ping to 62.73.171.7 - Avg. 27ms over 12 attempts. Pretty good - my ping to PSOW is around 170ms http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Traceroute to 62.73.171.7 successful:

1 <10 ms 14 ms <10 ms 192.168.0.1
2 27 ms 28 ms 27 ms f2s1-hg2.ilford.broadband.bt.net [217.41.132.73]
3 27 ms 28 ms 27 ms 217.41.132.1
4 41 ms 27 ms 28 ms 217.41.132.106
5 27 ms 28 ms 27 ms 194.106.33.67
6 28 ms 41 ms 14 ms i-194-106-32-62.freedom2surf.net [194.106.32.62]
7 28 ms 13 ms 28 ms ge3-3.a01.londen03.uk.ra.verio.net [213.130.48.201]
8 28 ms 27 ms 27 ms 213.130.48.164
9 27 ms 28 ms 27 ms pso-gc1.playsega.com [62.73.171.7]

All this suggests that, unlike last time, the server is running fine, it just isn't responding to connection attempts via any method. That would place the ball squarely within Sega's court; most likely the EU logon script and/or player database has either crashed, been "upgraded" with a faulty version or accidentally been deleted altogether (I've seen weirder http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif )

I've tried ringing the server admin at Sega, but got voicemail - there's a mobile number but it'd be impolite to ring it at this time on a Saturday night. I'll try again tomorrow if the servers don't come back up...

[Edit: See that 'be' in the last paragraph? Yeah, well you wouldn't have 1st time round http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif ]

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: JDA on 2004-01-10 14:13 ]</font>

Rich_T
Jan 10, 2004, 05:10 PM
I thoght this would have been known about.
There havine a clean up at Sega-Europe, and as they have only a few mains outlets, they need to plug the vacuum cleaner in somewhere, so off goes the server.
its either that or someone at sega hasnt put 50p in the electricity pre-pay meter for a while.

Jack
Jan 10, 2004, 05:39 PM
On 2004-01-10 14:10, Rich_T wrote:
its either that or someone at sega hasnt put 50p in the electricity pre-pay meter for a while.

They probably tried to put a shilling in, and are wondering why it isn't working.

Superguppie
Jan 10, 2004, 06:01 PM
On 2004-01-10 13:28, BOmar wrote:
http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_confused.gif
That's what I was saying.
(Hence the bold tag on the bit about the logon server being knackered)

We deserve 2 free days now...

grin. Misunderstood. Sorry...

[quote]
On 2004-01-10 14:03, JDA wrote:
there's a mobile number but it'd be impolite to ring it at this time on a Saturday night.
[quote]
Actualy, numbers like that are for cases like this. I work for a company that has such numbers too. They won't like you calling, but the number is there for it. The person you reach through it knows he is at risk of being called and probably gets payed for it.

@Rich_T and Jack: http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif I hope it is really something that simple. Must be some clean up that lasts this long...

JDA
Jan 10, 2004, 06:18 PM
On 2004-01-10 15:01, Superguppie wrote:

On 2004-01-10 14:03, JDA wrote:
there's a mobile number but it'd be impolite to ring it at this time on a Saturday night.
[quote]
Actualy, numbers like that are for cases like this. I work for a company that has such numbers too. They won't like you calling, but the number is there for it. The person you reach through it knows he is at risk of being called and probably gets payed for it.

LOL - ditto here. They'll probably be on call but it's likely that they won't be customer-facing and won't welcome the call http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Sega must know about this, and should be working on it as a priority since it's directly (and massively) customer-affecting and indirectly revenue-affecting, which in turn means that they SHOULD have someone working on it even out of hours.

Superguppie
Jan 10, 2004, 06:37 PM
On 2004-01-10 15:18, JDA wrote:
Sega must know about this, and should be working on it as a priority since it's directly (and massively) customer-affecting and indirectly revenue-affecting, which in turn means that they SHOULD have someone working on it even out of hours.

yeah, someone else should already have called that number and they SHOULD indeed already be on it. I wonder how it is going...

Katsumoto
Jan 10, 2004, 07:15 PM
Well they are still down and it is officially sunday. ¬_¬

I wonder how many free days (if any) we will get. lol.

_tsunami
Jan 10, 2004, 10:45 PM
well i don't think anyone really called sega since everyone is thinking someone else should of called....

anyway its still down i just tried getting on 1 minute ago

Aceleonhart
Jan 10, 2004, 11:07 PM
i had plans to do seat of heart today... i even did all the quests to get the ragol ring... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

my HL ends at the end of the week too, but what am i paying a HL for, if all we get is massive amounts of lag and downtime? i dont think ill renew until ep3..

philip
Jan 11, 2004, 04:02 AM
This sucks... 48h now(allmoust)

Diaz
Jan 11, 2004, 05:44 AM
WTF!! Almost 12pm sunday and still can't log in to pso. What the fuck are they doing. Starting to wonder if they are really working on it. Probably to lazy to work in the weekend. Had enough of EU servers, ordered a US game. Won't be my concern anymore then what happens in EU. Sega europe is fucked up. Bunch of monkeys working there, altho a monkey is probably smarter than them. Thanks alot Sega europe for the great weekend you gave us!!

Capricornus
Jan 11, 2004, 06:03 AM
Yeah almost 48 hours.
I know server problems can occur and that they are not always easy to solve quickly, but reaching 48hours plus is a lot.
They dont have an SLA towards us, but I really hope they are working on it to solve this asap.

Diaz
Jan 11, 2004, 06:17 AM
Wouldn't count on it to much. I agree there can be a server problem, but it always have been europe having the problems. If you look at US adn JP servers they are down for 3h max when there is a maintenance. But like I said, I've ordered an US game, so won't be my problem anymore soon what happens in europe. I really start to think they aren't working on it in the weekend, they are to lazy and stupid for it. First there was the banning and now this, way to go sega europe!!

TiRune
Jan 11, 2004, 06:31 AM
theyr fixing the servers 2 be runned with PSO 3 better, it'll be done soon enough http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif. Í'm sure they'll add days 2 ur HL, that would only be fair.

Jack
Jan 11, 2004, 06:41 AM
I doubt that, if that were true, they'd have:

A. Told us.
B. Not disconnected the logon server.
C. Disconnected the actual servers.

Diaz
Jan 11, 2004, 06:53 AM
Yup, true. It's just another fuck up from sega europe. Wonder how much more time they will need to fix it. Think it's a new record for them. Never been off for such long time and i don't think we will be able to log in today.

rena-ko
Jan 11, 2004, 07:24 AM
the last few problems got solved on monday... afternoon. so its just bad luck that this issue started on friday. there goes my pso weekend.

but offline can be rewarding as well (*points at god/HP*)

Zaneatron
Jan 11, 2004, 07:37 AM
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! my fucking god! the banners need to go, and where are the admins, on holiday, oh joy.

gah. i cant be bothered to say everything again, so ill sum it up.

Sega Europe arnt to blame, PlaySega might be, but the servers arnt, seeing theyre all in Japan, from the JP-US-EU servers.

Also, did you consided this may be something out of their control. maybe there was a fire and it got to the EU server thus it not working. If so theyre probably working around the clock to repair it. im not going to pass any judegment on Sega. they do things the way they do them. If i could id go to see what goes on in theyre HQ so that id know, but i doubt its going to happen.

Caecilius
Jan 11, 2004, 08:11 AM
They're probably too lazy to get off their asses and sort this out even if it WAS out of control.

BOmar
Jan 11, 2004, 08:48 AM
Maybe they sent the mastermind behind the double-save to go disconnect the V2 PC servers and they pulled out the wrong wire... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

My HL runs out really soon, I hope we do get some free days added.

Superguppie
Jan 11, 2004, 09:01 AM
I'm getting sick and tired of being born in the wrong place. First there's games that aren't published here because my money isn't good enough. Then, if a game does make it I have to wait for it. And now I even end up on the servers that are most neglected. Time to learn Japanese and get all Japanese stuff...

On the other hand, I also happen to have Everquest on my PS2. I finaly have time to play that a little...

Butoden
Jan 11, 2004, 09:29 AM
Living in the Netherlands isn't all that bad dude http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif
Of course in times like this you'll say that, but most of the time there isn't anything wrong...

Superguppie
Jan 11, 2004, 09:52 AM
Guess not, but it's at times like this that it really gets to me. I know the rest of the world (that's outside JP and US) is small and insignificant. But if that rest, that I am in, is treated like this, it's no wonder the market remains small.
Plus, the publishers refuse me the right to play stuff they won't publish here. That is sick.

Anyway, that's kinda off topic. I don't care the rest of the world is small. I pay the same for the product as the US people (dunno about JP) so I would really like the product to be the same quality as theirs. Obviously, some people think differently about it. Maybe we should make our own servers that are stable...

Reiya
Jan 11, 2004, 10:31 AM
listen to urselfs u sound like a bunch of pso junkies its only been 2 fucking days its hard work ya know keeping u guys happy i dont know how sega cope.

BOmar
Jan 11, 2004, 10:55 AM
On 2004-01-11 07:31, Reiya wrote:
listen to urselfs u sound like a bunch of pso junkies its only been 2 fucking days its hard work ya know keeping u guys happy i dont know how sega cope.

Heh, Sega don't seem to be making that much effort to keep us happy from their track record http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

It may only have been 2 days, but for most people, the weekend is a chance to play lots of PSO, so it couldn't have had worse timing.

Lillith-Nyo
Jan 11, 2004, 10:55 AM
Well 2 days and the random bannings with no explanations and such. And there have been numerous other occasions when the EU servers get disconnected from the other servers, or just plain not been able to connect to.

Tiamat
Jan 11, 2004, 11:19 AM
Slightly off-topic, but I agree with you, Superguppie. This corner of the world seems to be "ignored" or "forgotten" conveniently where games are concerned lately. Look at Squaresoft and their treatment of Europeans. How long have FF11 and FFX-2 been out in the rest of the world, and we haven't even had any news about them.

They've also stopped selling Broadband Adapters here in the UK for some reason. The rest of the world can get them easily enough, and I would order one from EBGames.com but they won't ship to the UK at all. Now I have to wait for Play Asia to get some more in stock.

I'm fed up of always getting things last and always having to pay the most for what we do get.

Superguppie
Jan 11, 2004, 11:23 AM
Well, attualy I do feel a bit of addiction with PSO. So I guess it isn't that odd I respond like that.
ONLY 2 days!!!!! As far as I know we shouldn't have had ANY downtime this weekend. And that's the other point. It's not just any 2 days, it's the weekend. Some people can only get online in the weekend. So even if we get credited for the 2 days, chances are they won't get their weekend back.
Many companies succeed in keeping computer services with only a few hours downtime a year, most of it announced and well organized. Sega seems to be unable to do that, at least for the EU servers.
And that's another point we are complaining about. No abnormal downtime reported on the JP servers, no abnormal downtime reported on the US server. But I am to get credited days on my HL for the fourth time now, and I haven't been playing PSO for a year yet...
Gosh, I wonder what I am so pissed about.....

Katsumoto
Jan 11, 2004, 11:32 AM
This is getting stupid now!

I cleared up my weekend and got all work out of the way so I could get some good play time down and they go and screw up the servers! This sucks!

wirewizard
Jan 11, 2004, 11:54 AM
I hear that, This is the first weekend I've had off in months... so I thought I would make use of my 30 day free trial and get sum PSO in... but what happens servers brake http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif damn monkeys at sega http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif good thing I'm not paying for it yet... does this mean I won't get a full 30 day trial? or will they refund my days for this?

BOmar
Jan 11, 2004, 11:55 AM
On 2004-01-11 08:54, wirewizard wrote:
I hear that, This is the first weekend I've had off in months... so I thought I would make use of my 30 day free trial and get sum PSO in... but what happens servers brake http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif damn monkeys at sega http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif good thing I'm not paying for it yet... does this mean I won't get a full 30 day trial? or will they refund my days for this?

They will probably give you back the days that the you couldn't get on as the free trial works just like a normal hunter's license that has been payed for.

Superguppie
Jan 11, 2004, 12:01 PM
On 2004-01-11 08:19, Tiamat wrote:
Slightly off-topic, but I agree with you, Superguppie. This corner of the world seems to be "ignored" or "forgotten" conveniently where games are concerned lately. Look at Squaresoft and their treatment of Europeans. How long have FF11 and FFX-2 been out in the rest of the world, and we haven't even had any news about them.

Funny that you mention Square. That example actualy goes a little further than what you mention. I don't have that much of a problem wiht having to wait. Translating NTSC to PAL and adding 4 languages is no small task, so I accept the wait. But There are several absolutely great Square titles we didn't get at all: Chrono Trigger, Chrono Cross, Thread of Fate, Legend of Mana, Parasite Eve (the 1st one!) Xenogears, and the list goes on. And that is just Square!
Of course that is really off topic here, as we got PSO Ep1&2, and are also bound to get Ep3, and probably the plus version of Ep1&2. But still, the rest of the world means more than 75% of the world polulations, and is treated like they're garbage. And so it now looks like with the crappy EU servers, and the crappy service Sega Europe has delivered...

They've also stopped selling Broadband Adapters here in the UK for some reason. The rest of the world can get them easily enough, and I would order one from EBGames.com but they won't ship to the UK at all. Now I have to wait for Play Asia to get some more in stock.

I haven't heard they flat out stopped selling the BBA in NL, but they do seem awfully hard to get. Which is odd, considering then network prepared titles coming out recently. Luckily I already have one.

I'm fed up of always getting things last and always having to pay the most for what we do get.

And I am sick and tired of being called a criminal by the publishers because I put in a MOD chip just to be able to play the best games in the world...

Coolest-Mum
Jan 11, 2004, 03:31 PM
Your not alone, Just tried to log on PSO about 9.15pm and still no joy http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

-Geshtar-
Jan 11, 2004, 03:59 PM
The EU hunters license database has crashed, thus it dosent recognize any accounts because they dont exhist at the moment. Sorry you EU PSO players, your screwed for the mean time.

JDA
Jan 11, 2004, 04:00 PM
Yup - I still can't get on and test results are all the same as they were yesterday.

Annoyingly, the number I have is still going to the guy's voicemail and has been all day - once I get through I might have to negotiate for a better number http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

OT - how many of you guys work in the fault reporting/resolution areas of your respective companies? Some of the posts make me think you might - first time I've heard talk of SLAs outside work for starters http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Zaneatron
Jan 11, 2004, 04:02 PM
hmmmmm, did anyone try and register again, with their existing Serial/Access Key. you never know, you might get another 30 days Free out of Sega http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Caecilius
Jan 11, 2004, 04:07 PM
I honestly cannot recall if this has been suggested here yet... My memory's fading, and I'm only 14.

(NOT A GOOD SIGN.)

It has been mentioned in a previous post that the EU crash happened on Friday. It could have been in the evening after most people had quit work for the day and gone home.

As most people don't work on Saturdays and Sundays, it seems reasonable to suggest that nobody's been around to fix the problem.

...There's my two cents on the problem.

philip
Jan 11, 2004, 04:34 PM
This can be the reson why we EU players cant play on at the moment:

We got banned. They dident mean to ban us but we got banned becous the list or what it is with our info crashed.

This is what a friend of mine say. His using EP3 so he can play lucky him =l

Rich_T
Jan 11, 2004, 04:53 PM
Ive just popped an e-mail off to the bods at sega, see what happens, i could also try their office number, as listed in the yellow pages http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rich_T on 2004-01-11 13:54 ]</font>

Reiya
Jan 11, 2004, 05:37 PM
how long does this usually take because its my first time ive experienced this problem.

Rich_T
Jan 11, 2004, 06:08 PM
The dreamcast servers were known to go down for 3 or 4 days sometimes.

Tiamat
Jan 11, 2004, 07:50 PM
Yeah, but we got Dreamcast v2 free in the UK because ST took too long to release it over here. I personally don't have to pay for it yet (I am in process of getting a BBA and all other bits first) but I think it's unfair for people who do pay. It's like buying a chocolate bar for 50p and then someone coming up to you and taking a piece away!

You would think server maintenence is what people are actually paying for with their Hunter's License, so to keep no weekend staff on is beyond my comprehension. I suspect the servers went down Friday night (after staff went home) and they will be up around midday Monday, when people get back into work.

Aceleonhart
Jan 11, 2004, 08:33 PM
well its monday here and still nothing... they've been down for 3 days now... and no one has got any kind of response from sega euro yet?

ive checked a few other forums and no one has been getting any answers >_<;

Tiamat
Jan 11, 2004, 09:41 PM
I kinda meant midday GMT, but not entirely sure where the Sega Europe offices are based.

I'm a bit confused. If the PAL authentication database is down and the actual game servers are alright, that theoretically means people from NTSC regions can access the Europe servers. Am I correct? Or are the servers integrated and it's just a certain thing on the servers that's died?

_tsunami
Jan 11, 2004, 10:20 PM
nope nothing yet Ace. and i emailed them on saterday afternoon. no reply

and its still down T_T

philip
Jan 12, 2004, 01:45 AM
Hope they fix it today. I hope its fixed wen i get home from shcool so i can play like hell! =P

_tsunami
Jan 12, 2004, 02:16 AM
Now i doubt they even know about the problem since emailing doesn't work they probably don't check it often.
and as for the phonecall no one would give them one since if theres anyone that would do it would be people here and no one have said they have called.

anyway my HL expires in 2 days i might as well give up.

Coolest-Mum
Jan 12, 2004, 04:27 AM
okokok. Im gonna phone then my self to see wtf is going on as im sick o the back teeth with it all. let you guys know how i get on.

GUN
Jan 12, 2004, 04:41 AM
I could not log on to Playsega either, again said my username or password was wrong - rang online helpline, and they told me that their system was down and they had no idea how long it would be!!!

Great!!

Coolest-Mum
Jan 12, 2004, 04:44 AM
Ok Sega phone number 08456 090 090
Got though first time but they wernt very helpful.
They are aware of the problem but couldnt say what!
They didnt know when it would be fixed, but did say we will be getting the days lost added to our hunters licence YAY 1 good thing at least.
Sorry i couldnt get any more info out of them.
Looks like we will just have to wait.

_tsunami
Jan 12, 2004, 04:45 AM
NO idea?!!!!
They could at least announce it on their site or something
to tell us something is wrong..

_tsunami
Jan 12, 2004, 04:47 AM
Coolest-Mum Welcome to the board
and thank you for your effort and feedback.

looks like we just have to patiently wait and see http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: _tsunami on 2004-01-12 01:47 ]</font>

Coolest-Mum
Jan 12, 2004, 05:49 AM
Thankyou _tsunami http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

I may be a new member on this site but ive been playing pso since day 1 of the dreamcast ver.

And to tell you the truth, i cant remember any problems like this on Dreamcast.

TiRune
Jan 12, 2004, 06:51 AM
I really hope their going to ban hackers/dupers now that PSO 3 is released... it would make the community for 1&2/3 much mor fun!

Reiya
Jan 12, 2004, 07:03 AM
servers back! just tryed entering my username and pass at playsega. at exactly 12:00pm GMT

GUN
Jan 12, 2004, 07:07 AM
Me too!! - just hope I can log onto PSO tonight as well.

Tiamat
Jan 12, 2004, 07:37 AM
Yeah, it's typical. They won't have had any weekend staff which, for an online game most people play at the weekend, is absolutely stupid. Glad they are back up, just hope they stay that way!

HELP_ME
Jan 12, 2004, 07:38 AM
Can u guys play online again... or just log into playsega?? Cus I can log in, but my 'cube still wont play online with the same problems...

Diaz
Jan 12, 2004, 07:59 AM
Just checked playsega. Can log into my HL again but still can't play online with my cube. Hope the problem will be fixed soon, this is taking really long this time.

GUN
Jan 12, 2004, 08:28 AM
Well, by my reckoning Euro servers have been down since late Saturday! - So really all Hunters should get an extra 3 days added to their licence?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: GUN on 2004-01-12 05:31 ]</font>

philip
Jan 12, 2004, 09:08 AM
4 days for me.

Diaz
Jan 12, 2004, 09:18 AM
Yup 4 days for me too, since friday. Had finally a weekend off since months =/. Still trying to get online with cube, still nothing http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

GUN
Jan 12, 2004, 09:21 AM
Anyone been back to SEGA for info? - I will try again later, an let u know.

Reiya
Jan 12, 2004, 09:51 AM
this sucks, i can log in but can't play online the screen just freezes.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Reiya on 2004-01-12 06:53 ]</font>

Buuyon
Jan 12, 2004, 10:02 AM
On 2004-01-11 06:52, Superguppie wrote:
Guess not, but it's at times like this that it really gets to me. I know the rest of the world (that's outside JP and US) is small and insignificant. But if that rest, that I am in, is treated like this, it's no wonder the market remains small.
Plus, the publishers refuse me the right to play stuff they won't publish here. That is sick.

Anyway, that's kinda off topic. I don't care the rest of the world is small. I pay the same for the product as the US people (dunno about JP) so I would really like the product to be the same quality as theirs. Obviously, some people think differently about it. Maybe we should make our own servers that are stable...

acttuly japan pays the least for PSO and gets the best service...

Lillith-Nyo
Jan 12, 2004, 10:26 AM
Argh, well thats great, we can log into our PlaySega accounts to see that we've just lost 3/4 days of online gameplay, and nothings been accredited to our accounts?!

If we only get 1 free day out of this, I'll be sending some abusive (But in a formal manner) emails to Sonic Team/Sega, as personally this is just unacceptable. I pay for a service that I want, not pay for a service that decides it'll just go down and take away some of our time.

I mean, what about the people that were close to the end of their HL's? What if it expired in 3 days and then this? Sega/Sonic Team only accredit VALID accounts, so for the poor blighters that had their HL run out on them during this whole debacle get fucked in the arse without lube!

Then again, they technically can fuck us in the arse, citing the terms and services..

"Disruption/Modification to the Service

Sega will use all reasonable endeavours to ensure that the Service is operational at all times. However we do not guarantee that the Service will be available at all or at any particular times and do not guarantee that the Service will be fault free. Sega shall use its reasonable endeavours to notify you of any disruption, modification or alteration to the Service via The PSO Homepage although you acknowledge that this may not always be reasonably practical."

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Lillith-Nyo on 2004-01-12 07:28 ]</font>

Diaz
Jan 12, 2004, 12:19 PM
6:15pm belgium time. Tried to log into PSO, still nothing http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif. Think we wont be able to play today as well. Damn they are slow fixing it. Only thing they fixed today is our HL. They really fucked up big this time. Nice service they give us. Fucking sega europe!!!!

Butoden
Jan 12, 2004, 12:46 PM
Ever thought of the idea that SEGA Team IS FIXING IT AT THE MOMENT? Geez you guys are so impatient! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_mad.gif

Flashpk
Jan 12, 2004, 12:52 PM
temper temper Diaz, no need to use such words. BTW I'm also from Belgium, Antwerp. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

I'm not defending Sega or something. But people who are lagging the servers or fsoding the place. I dont think its good for servers either.

I hope we get extra days on our HL like last time.

Superguppie
Jan 12, 2004, 12:57 PM
Well, in the weekend I could have believed there was no staff, but considering it they haven't been able to fix it so far makes me guess the problem is BIG. Possibly big enough to take 3 days.
However, if I am to make a guess to what the problem is, I'm thinking machines that have totaly crashed and have to be replaced with new freshly installed stuff. Installation can take quite some time...

Silver-X
Jan 12, 2004, 01:20 PM
That explains it,
EU Server Total users: 4
-_______-"

Zaneatron
Jan 12, 2004, 02:06 PM
FFS stop blaming Sega Europe, it has nothing to do with them. also Sega probably wont update the accounts and accredit you your free days until the servers come back online. they may be a pain in the arse when it comes to this but they know common courtesy, so they arnt going to give you free days until you can use them.
This is also a minor reason as to why i own Japanese copies of PSO+ and Episode 3. the main reason being i coulnt be bothered to wait http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Coolest-Mum
Jan 12, 2004, 02:15 PM
HEY GUYS UK SERVERS ARE NOW BACK ONLINE, I GOT ON AT 7PM LONDON TIME YAY WHOOHOO!!!!!

Hrith
Jan 12, 2004, 04:36 PM
I can confirm they are (France here).

JohanCC
Jan 12, 2004, 05:29 PM
Did you get any extra days to your HL?

JDA
Jan 12, 2004, 05:38 PM
Confirm back on in the UK - no extra days http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

[EDit: DOuble CAps ARe VEry ANnoying]

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: JDA on 2004-01-12 14:39 ]</font>

Superguppie
Jan 12, 2004, 06:06 PM
Yup, Just spent a few hours with Coolest-Mum.
I think I got 2 days on my HL. And the lag is almost gone!

_tsunami
Jan 12, 2004, 10:45 PM
i didn't get any days added to my HL

Lillith-Nyo
Jan 12, 2004, 11:26 PM
No extra days >:(

HELP_ME
Jan 13, 2004, 02:17 AM
Guys this sucks ass. Am I the only one here whose HL got totally deleted???? I logged into PlaySega on sunday, and I had 17 whole days left. Now, if I log in, it says my HL has expired and I have to buy A new one!!

Could it be I've been banned or something? Im not a hacker or a duper. THIS SUCKS!

HELP_ME
Jan 13, 2004, 02:28 AM
O geeeez. Now the HL is back again. YAY! .... but theres only one ship to log on... EU Formalhaut or sumthing... 1 user online in that one, and normally I only play in US servers! AAAHHHH! I want to kick their hairy asses!

Jack
Jan 13, 2004, 03:40 AM
That's the 50Hz server. If you hold down B when turning the GameCube on, you'll get a message asking you if you want to activate 60Hz mode. Choose Yes.

philip
Jan 13, 2004, 03:45 AM
Why dont we get our days!?

Coolest-Mum
Jan 13, 2004, 03:47 AM
Well i think if you havnt been credited for days lost phone sega your selves and tell them.
All looks as if running ok, no lag!!! next time i renew my HL i will take note of what day it expires is if this happens again, i will know if it has been credited.
Enjoyed youre company Superguppie http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif
See you tonight all being well.

Reiya
Jan 13, 2004, 07:52 AM
im just glad their back up *nods*

HELP_ME
Jan 13, 2004, 08:36 AM
so 50Hz and 60Hz have different servers? didnt know that... I feel sorry for guys with old tvs, there's not a single person online in 50Hz

Superguppie
Jan 13, 2004, 10:11 AM
grin. It's the middle of the day here. In the evening there are about 30 people or so. (Or at least the last time I was on 50Hz)
Last night the 60Hz EU servers were kind of quiet too. Guess not everyone had found out they were back.

philip
Jan 13, 2004, 12:42 PM
Yeah. But wtf i want my 4 days!

Rich_T
Jan 13, 2004, 12:55 PM
Response form the e-mail to sega about the PSO servers:

Dear Customer,

Thank you for your email.

There was a server problem with Phantasy Star Online on the Nintendo Gamecube which has now been solved.

Three extra days will be added to your Hunter's License in the next week to cover the missing days.

Thank you for your patience and we are very sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Should you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact us again.

As everythings back up and running, shouldnt this topic be locked?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rich_T on 2004-01-13 09:56 ]</font>

philip
Jan 13, 2004, 01:56 PM
Okey so we will get only 3 days? I couldnt go on for 4 days! Okey 3 days is better then 0 so i wont complain anymore about the days.

rena-ko
Jan 13, 2004, 02:02 PM
the server was down for exactly 72 hours. go figure.

Zaneatron
Jan 13, 2004, 02:56 PM
24......48.......72........fuxorz!!!! 3 days, by jove.

The good thing is sega europe actually reply to your emails. whereas ive heard that the US sega is a bit unreliable when it comes to replying.
I also want to stress the fact that the emails you send to sega europe are most probably forwarded onto Sega in japan where a definate answer can come from. if not forwarded, maybe they actually phone them up or something, but whatever happens sega europe do their job.

i would also like to stress one other thing, but ive gone and forgotten what i was going to say (expect this to be edited some time in the future http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif)

gah just remembered. playsega and the servers are linked in some way. this is why playsega pretty much doesnt work when the servers are down. seeing that playsega wasnt working, well its DB wasnt for sure, i think this and the way it is linked to the severs is the reason there was a problem. it has to be like this so that if an account can be isolated if it is banned. it also saves a lot of admin needing to take place

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zaneatron on 2004-01-13 14:12 ]</font>

wirewizard
Jan 13, 2004, 02:56 PM
I posted this in another thread but I sent a mail to sega complaining and this was the reply:

Dear Customer,

Thank you for your email.

There was a server problem with Phantasy Star Online on the Gamecube which has now been solved.

Three extra days will be added to your Hunter's License in the next week to cover the missing days.

Thank you for your patience and we are very sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Should you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Best regards

Claudia Cunningham

SEGA Customer Service
[email protected] <mailto:[email protected]>
Internet help line 09066 544 544 (premium rate)
All other enquiries 08456 090 090 (local call rate)
http://www.sega-europe.com

so hopefully they will give us the HL days back... well they better

JDA
Jan 13, 2004, 04:35 PM
Arg - HL expires today and hasn't been extended yet. I coulda really done with those free days...

Guess they'll be tagged on the end of this month then http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Reiya
Jan 14, 2004, 04:46 PM
i think everyones has been extended.
i got extra 3 days w00t!

JDA
Jan 14, 2004, 05:35 PM
Yup - my days are here now http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif