PDA

View Full Version : GC: PSO problems: Getting On

Caecilius
Jan 10, 2004, 11:27 AM
Here's my problem: I tried getting onto PSO just now. Passes through dialup, connects to the DNS Server with no problem. Then it stops.
No I have NOT just had FSOD, it just stops as though I've just had a severe bout of lag.
Having waited there for a few minutes I hit Start+B+X and try again. Same result.
This continues for another three tries, all with no success.
Afterwards I check PlaySega. I type in the same username and password I've been using since April 2003. Guess what? It fails to recognise my username and password!
Now I get severely pissed off, so I double-check and triple-check my username and password. No success.

Is PSO down or something? I've half a mind to email Sega about this.

Rich_T
Jan 10, 2004, 01:11 PM
can you access playsega on your gamecube?
have you played PSO online on your gamecube before with no problems?

Caecilius
Jan 10, 2004, 01:18 PM
I can access PlaySega through my GC and through my computer, and every time I enter my username and password I get the "Sorry,your username and/or password was incorrect, please try again" message. Also, I've been playing PSO online since April (I thought this had been pretty clear), with no problems unless I hadn't been informed about server maintenance.

_tsunami
Jan 10, 2004, 04:52 PM
Most people are having the same problem not just you.
something seems to be wrong with sega right now

Rich_T
Jan 10, 2004, 05:05 PM
Same problem for me,looks like the servers buggered again.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rich_T on 2004-01-10 14:06 ]</font>

Katsumoto
Jan 10, 2004, 05:51 PM
I am having the same problem. I thought it was because I recently erased my memory card by accident (damn you donkey konga), but, I a guess it isn't only my hunters licence that is going to waste at the moment. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Any chance of it being something to do with the new year?

voxie
Jan 10, 2004, 09:00 PM
I'm having a very similar problem - I'm trying to buy a Hunter's Licence, and it always comes up with a 'VALIDATE_SNAK_ERROR'. I've tried both through the GC and my PC, so yeah there must be a server problem.

Question is WHEN will it be fixed? I've waited months to play online. Why does this have to happen to me on my first time!? T_T *sigh, life*

~Vox.

Reiya
Jan 11, 2004, 02:09 PM
voxie, friday was supposed to be my first day online and i cant get on, i purchased a HL b4 and it worked fine but when i tryed to go online later in the evening i couldnt get on, i tryed putting my username and password in and failed to recognise it.
then i tryed registering again and same exact thing come up PAYMENT UNSUCCESSFUL VALIDATE_SNAK. i thought it was just something wrong with my sn and ak but im relieved everyone has the same problem.

voxie
Jan 11, 2004, 02:37 PM
Someone give Sega a call tomorrow and ask them what the hell's going on!!

I'd do it myself but, uh, stuff...

voxie
Jan 12, 2004, 06:27 PM
Okay, I think the server is back up now, as I was able to register my details on PlaySega.com...

BUT, now I haven't been able to purchase a Hunter's Licence to play. T_T If you check on PlaySega right now, you'll notice theere's nooption or field to fill in your bank details at all! Thus the 'payment unsuccessful' screen I keep getting.

I really can't find it, there's no where to add your details - I click on the 'new subscription' button and I get the 'accept or don't accept' screen,and then it takes me to 'payment unsuccessful'. Sega. What. The. Hell? T_T

I'm calling them.

Rich_T
Jan 13, 2004, 12:48 PM
everything looks normal to me, below the username/pass boxes are three options
Exit, Register, Continue.
fill in your details then hit continue.

-Geshtar-
Jan 17, 2004, 02:24 PM
The european Hunters License server is down. It will not recognize any European serial numbers until Sega fixs it, all you Euro players, sorry but your screwed for the mean time.

Rich_T
Jan 17, 2004, 05:07 PM
Again???
the play sega sites letting me in, so the HL databas at that end looks OK.
as for the game, i will be on that in about 1/2 an hour, hopefuly, if the servers up, although i wouldnt be at all surprised if there was a problem somewhere,

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rich_T on 2004-01-17 14:08 ]</font>