PDA

View Full Version : Resta Formula

cHaOsMaZtA
Jan 10, 2004, 01:53 PM
whats the formula for how much healing you get with resta?? i know it has to do with how much mst you have and what level resta you're using. but as for the exact formula, i have no idea. Does anyone know??

Dhylec
Jan 10, 2004, 02:51 PM
try this, it might help
http://pso-world.com/sections.php?section=Technique&op=viewtopsection

cHaOsMaZtA
Jan 10, 2004, 04:17 PM
i looked, and well, it didn't. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

_Ted_
Jan 10, 2004, 08:23 PM
Well, my Versus Books Official "Perfect" Guide for PSO gives the equation for the power of resta as

1-15: 5*(level-1)+50
16-30: 10*(level-1)-20

But thats pretty much what the guide here gives for the power. As for an equation for the amount of healing each resta does, I'm not sure if there is one. There might be one that relates the power of the spell to its effect, but even then you would have to account for merges, mst, and bonuses like the Fonewearl has.

Soukosa
Jan 10, 2004, 08:39 PM
I did some calcuations and it seems the formula for the amount of HP Resta restores is: MST / 2 + Resta Power

Black000Moon
Jan 10, 2004, 08:56 PM
On 2004-01-10 17:23, _Ted_ wrote:
Well, my Versus Books Official "Perfect" Guide for PSO gives the equation for the power of resta as

But thats pretty much what the guide here gives for the power. As for an equation for the amount of healing each resta does, I'm not sure if there is one. There might be one that relates the power of the spell to its effect, but even then you would have to account for merges, mst, and bonuses like the Fonewearl has.

yeah i wish the guide would actually explain what each of those things mean out more because some stupid people like me gets confused because they only give numbers in the guide and say 'practice your algebra' something like that...What if I'm a stupid kid that does know algebra and doesn't get that? (I know this is off topic but had to say it)Just saying that this guide does truly suck.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Black000Moon on 2004-01-10 17:57 ]</font>

_Ted_
Jan 10, 2004, 10:54 PM
Well, it actually worked pretty well for me. It got me up to ultimate in Episode 1 several times. The maps and the 4th evolution mag part helped me out. That was all offline and before I knew about this site though. This site is of course infinitly better than the guide.

cHaOsMaZtA
Jan 11, 2004, 12:46 AM
On 2004-01-10 17:39, Sounomi wrote:
I did some calcuations and it seems the formula for the amount of HP Resta restores is: MST / 2 + Resta Power

i went back and looked at how much power each level gave and it starts and at 50 for lvl 1, and goes up 5 for each additional level, so at level 30 its 195. If what you said is true, then that means each level of resta only gives you 5 more hp points healed, BUT for every 2 mst, you get 1 hp point healed. so its really how much mst you have. ill have to play around with that formula to see if its true.

On 2004-01-10 17:23, _Ted_ wrote:

the part about the level 16-30 techs isnt right according to the guide here on psow. it should be the same as the one for 1-15. try it.

_Ted_
Jan 11, 2004, 12:52 AM
Its a well established fact that the guide that I took that equation from is riddled with errors and mistakes, I would not at all be suprised if the equation was found to be incorrect.