PDA

View Full Version : Sonic Heroes

Robo47
Jan 10, 2004, 07:47 PM
Anybody got far enough to answer these questions for me?

1) Is the "mysterious robot" Metal Sonic?
2) Does Shadow regain his memory?
3) Is Dr. Eggman possesed? I thought he went good in S2B!

thanks

Jaks
Jan 10, 2004, 09:51 PM
for #3, No D.r Eggman did not "go good" in S2B, he just wanted to live.

Fra_Namevah
Jan 10, 2004, 10:32 PM
And number one: Sonic Team said that it is a new version of Metal Sonic.

Nazo
Jan 12, 2004, 08:49 AM
And for the hat-trick, #2... Shadow doesn't really "re-gain" his memory, as this is intended for more of a multi-adventure. Think of it as Bowser in Mario Kart 64 (not that he is, but just say so). Sure, he went poof and was gone, but he's back. One of those don't-you-dare question kinda things I guess?

Daikarin
Jan 12, 2004, 09:27 AM
I've seen a lot of reviews about this game lately and I can't make my opinion.

Some say it sucks, while others say it's the best 3D sonic game so far. Anyone who PLAYED IT and who can compare it to the "Adventure" games can post an opinion?

Another point is, I heard the camera problems weren't solved 100%. Is this true and does it annoy the gameplay?

anwserman
Jan 12, 2004, 11:48 AM
On 2004-01-12 05:49, Nazo wrote:
And for the hat-trick, #2... Shadow doesn't really "re-gain" his memory, as this is intended for more of a multi-adventure. Think of it as Bowser in Mario Kart 64 (not that he is, but just say so). Sure, he went poof and was gone, but he's back. One of those don't-you-dare question kinda things I guess?

Much like how you can defeat Dark Falz, join a new game and he's back. But you just defeated him...

*dum dum dum!* Its one of those things you don't dark ask... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Outrider
Jan 12, 2004, 04:47 PM
But we ARE asking!!!

Uh-oh.

Zzzzzz
Jan 12, 2004, 06:06 PM
On 2004-01-12 13:47, Outrider wrote:
But we ARE asking!!!

Uh-oh.

Don't kill us, SEGA!

RavenTW
Jan 12, 2004, 06:18 PM
When did Shadow lose his memory? And besides, he was in his perfect form, making him anything but destructible. So I bet he survived the plummet back to Earth.

Mustashi2278
Jan 12, 2004, 07:15 PM
I tried the Demo, well, um.. not bad , but not great, I give it 7/10. The graphics are nicer then SA2 but its not has fun.

Fra_Namevah
Jan 12, 2004, 07:27 PM
Yeah, the reviews have not been kind for Sonic Heroes. Many say its the best 3D Sonic game but that really isn't hard to do since Sonic Adventure (both) wasn't that good to begin with.

I have the demo and find it fun. But not alot of people at 1Up.com's forums found the demo very fun (Only 1 out of every 10 people).

I guess it is just for thoughs who truely like the Sonic games. But can I interest you in Sonic Advance 2 or Sonic Battle (actually got good reviews)?

RavenTW
Jan 12, 2004, 09:18 PM
Dude, never accept reviews. They're made by half-brained idiots who only play the first level before making their report, and then read some plot spoilers to hint toward in the review.

All kidding aside, you have to play it yourself. Personally, it's a Sonic game and that's all that matters. Heck, I enjoyed both Sonic Adventures, 1 because of the actual Adventure aspect and different styles of gameplay, and 2 because it had Shadow.

Only problem is, I can't decide whether to use my money to get SH, Megaman Collection, or PSO Ep. 3 when it comes out.

Gnarled_rose
Jan 12, 2004, 09:46 PM
Well, I've played it, and it's awesome! All kinds of new characters, and you actually have to think it through. Story's a beast, too!(That's a good thing.)
But between Ep. 3 and SH, I personally would go with SH.

Wood_Golem
Jan 13, 2004, 05:50 AM
On 2004-01-12 18:46, Gnarled_rose wrote:
Well, I've played it, and it's awesome! All kinds of new characters, and you actually have to think it through. Story's a beast, too!(That's a good thing.)

They aren't new characters dude just new playable characters. The chaotix squad has been around for ages in the "Sonic the Comic" and also "Knuckles and the Caotix"(sp?) and personally i found the story quite crappy.. it didn't have any quality to it.. sure it had the return of Metal Sonic as an enemy but *SPOILERS* anyone who has seen the end chapter will agree that Metal Madness and Metal Overlord though cool.. they are the easiest and worst Final boss of any of the 3D Sonic games (i don't count "Sonic 3D" for the Mega Drive/Genesis).
Oh and btw the story is also too brief to be enjoyed oh and what happened to all the decent animations?

goku4ever
Jan 13, 2004, 11:37 AM
On 2004-01-12 16:15, Mustashi2278 wrote:
I tried the Demo, well, um.. not bad , but not great, I give it 7/10. The graphics are nicer then SA2 but its not has fun.

how did u get a demo of it?

Larkin
Jan 13, 2004, 03:20 PM
On 2004-01-10 19:32, Fra_Namevah wrote:
And number one: Sonic Team said that it is a new version of Metal Sonic.

That makes it, what, Metal Sonic ver 4.0? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Belqvar
Jan 13, 2004, 06:28 PM
You get the demo with Mario Kart: Double Dash. I have the demo, and it rocks! I don't know if they fixed the camera problems, but seriously, what camerea promblems were there in Sonic 2?

Sord
Jan 13, 2004, 06:33 PM
I found more camera probs (on demo) on loop-de-loops and it keeps getting me killed. I still beat both levels though. It seems okay, still don't like Rouge though. I personally liked the two before it, although i hated the GC version of the first one. All they did was make the menues harder. The chao system was kind of akward.

1/2 Off Topic: Has anyone seen Sonic The Hedgehog: The Movie? It's a Japanamation. A lot of people gave it bad reviews, personally, i liked it. Not as stupid as the American series (bleh!)

Raneth
Jan 13, 2004, 07:44 PM
I really want this game...I'm anxious to be able to fly as Tails again! I love being able to fly in games! And as far as the quality of the game goes, I had no problems with Sonic Adventure 1 or 2, and I played both on the DC. If this one is better than they were, then I should love it.

Outrider
Jan 13, 2004, 07:48 PM
Jeez, this reminds me so much of when I used to post on the South Island Forums over at SonicHQ. I think that's what they were called.

I enjoyed both Sonic Adventures. However, I'd have to say that Sonic 3 & Knuckles was easily the best of the Sonic games.

I played the demo of Sonic Heroes. Seemed alright, but I had to leave before I finished the demo, so I won't make judgement. I'm sure I'll end up getting the game eventually.

BTW, I have the demo disc with Sonic Adventure DX on it... anyone else find that a lot more buggy than the DC version? Kept falling through the ground on one of the loops...

White_Knight
Jan 13, 2004, 08:30 PM
I think taht shadow did a CC to avoid falling because at that altitude his rings would run out before he hit the gound and well he'd die and hatt CC needed to much focus so bye bye memory

Aeralea
Jan 14, 2004, 04:13 AM
But we ARE asking!!!

Uh-oh.

Dork. (not you Robo, I'm talking to Outrider here. Hey, who says stalkers aren't allowed to call the people they're stalking names in an endearing way? )

Anyways Robo, honestly, I haven't heard much at all about Sonic Heroes, but became interested in it when I saw the display at the game store since it included a new team of "Chaotix" which made me just about go nuts since I didn't think they'd ever bring dear Espio back after that rare and wonderful 32x game "Knuckles Chaotix" which very few people I've met have even heard of, let alone played. However, I don't see them ever making Robotnik into a complete hero or anything. He's just kinda "the villain" of the series, even if he has to team up with good sometimes to fight a greater foe just so that the world'll survive for him to be the foe later on, you know? Am I even making any sense at this point? -_-;;

(and yes, oh dear outrider, I felt like writing and figured what better way to decide where to write then by following you around. Hey, remember, you -wanted- me to stalk you.. )

Outrider
Jan 14, 2004, 11:34 AM
On 2004-01-14 01:13, Aeralea wrote:

But we ARE asking!!!

Uh-oh.

Dork. (not you Robo, I'm talking to Outrider here.
(and yes, oh dear outrider, I felt like writing and figured what better way to decide where to write then by following you around. Hey, remember, you -wanted- me to stalk you.. )

I'll just go cry in a corner now, if that's alright.

Aeralea
Jan 14, 2004, 01:21 PM
On 2004-01-14 08:34, Outrider wrote:

Dork. (not you Robo, I'm talking to Outrider here.

I'll just go cry in a corner now, if that's alright.

Heheh, bah, you're not really crying so don't try and make me feel bad about it. Besides, you know I mean it in an endearing way ;p

Anubis_
Jan 14, 2004, 01:41 PM
I just picked up SH a couple of days ago.. and i like it alot.. The only trouble i have with it is super dupper slippery pertroleum Jelly, astroglide soul sneakers everyone on the game has equiped.. I mean u finally think you have platforming on the game down pack.. Then you slide right off the frikin edge to your death.. Dont forget the sudden freakish burst of speed you get at the edge of platforms..

But i love the game.. as i do all sonic games.. Its definately something you just pick up in one night and beat. Which is one of the reasons i like it so mutch.. I also like it the way all 3 charecters make comments all the time while your playing.. I think that really adds to the game play experience.. Now the only thing that this game needs is for sonic to go super..
oh i hope that happens.. Nope, if it happend already in your game or not, i dont want to hear it.. dont spoil it for me.. *closes eyes, covers ears, hums show toons..*

Zzzzzz
Jan 14, 2004, 03:41 PM
I enjoyed both Sonic Adventures. However, I'd have to say that Sonic 3 & Knuckles was easily the best of the Sonic games.

How about the fact with S&K you could play as knuckles in Sonic 2? Both games are the best(in my opinon).

I really want this game...I'm anxious to be able to fly as Tails again! Uhhhhhhh, you can't fly that high in SH. In fact, it's as high as a double jump.

1/2 Off Topic: Has anyone seen Sonic The Hedgehog: The Movie? It's a Japanamation. A lot of people gave it bad reviews, personally, i liked it.
Not as stupid as the American series (bleh!)

Didn't that came out in 1999? I've seen it, and it's better then the American series but is kinda...weird? *SPOILER* Like at the ending, Sonic tries to save Mecha, who turned good? That's odd if you ask me.

Daikarin
Jan 14, 2004, 08:39 PM
I personally like the old Sonic Original Anime Video. Its very funny and describes Sonic very well. I personally like the part where they tease Metal robotnik =P

Anyway, I think Sonic games were better on the Sonic CD age, with psychadelic (thats how you write it?) worlds, awesome and varied soundtrack which fits each level perfectly and sonic's look. Ahh, the nostalgia...

Sord
Jan 14, 2004, 08:46 PM
I noticed Knuckles Chaotix (sp) is being talked about. Personally i thought the only problem was the fact on 2 player the players where linked together. Although the burst of speed from using the link as a sling shot was kind of cool for such an early game.

trunkszero
Jan 14, 2004, 08:51 PM
yup thats Knuckles Choatix, Sonic 4/Sonic Crackers had the same system with Tails and Sonic being joined like that

Outrider
Jan 14, 2004, 10:26 PM
That game was never finished though. Only a brief demo.

Larkin
Jan 14, 2004, 11:50 PM

Anyways Robo, honestly, I haven't heard much at all about Sonic Heroes, but became interested in it when I saw the display at the game store since it included a new team of "Chaotix" which made me just about go nuts since I didn't think they'd ever bring dear Espio back after that rare and wonderful 32x game "Knuckles Chaotix" which very few people I've met have even heard of, let alone played.

I'm proud to say that I own Knuckles Chaotix (and would be playing it if my 32x hadn't stopped working >_< ). I remember when I saw the E3 video for Sonic Heroes; my jaw nearly hit the floor when I saw Team Chaotix on the screen.

I'm a bit curious as to where Mighty could be...

Cheep
Jan 15, 2004, 01:09 AM
I got the game last week and I like it alot. I don't like the way I randomly fly through a wall when the game glitches though... I liked sa2 better, but thats just me. I can't beat that darned eggman Zephlin thing though. I was so close! Curse you Amy why did you fall off the rail. Sorry about that. Does anyone else watch Sonic X on Fox. I like it. Cheese rules! I miss the chili dogs though... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/hotdog.gif

Aeralea
Jan 15, 2004, 02:39 AM
On 2004-01-14 20:50, Larkin wrote:

Anyways Robo, honestly, I haven't heard much at all about Sonic Heroes, but became interested in it when I saw the display at the game store since it included a new team of "Chaotix" which made me just about go nuts since I didn't think they'd ever bring dear Espio back after that rare and wonderful 32x game "Knuckles Chaotix" which very few people I've met have even heard of, let alone played.

I'm proud to say that I own Knuckles Chaotix (and would be playing it if my 32x hadn't stopped working >_< ). I remember when I saw the E3 video for Sonic Heroes; my jaw nearly hit the floor when I saw Team Chaotix on the screen.

I'm a bit curious as to where Mighty could be...

I know, same here - were the 32x's -programmed- to just stop working after a while? I miss that game... -_-,

Yeah, my bf and I were in the mall when I first saw anything about it. It was a big display poster cardboard.. thing in the front of my local babbages. I pretty much went nuts saying things like "ah! it's espio! and vector and charmy! from chaotix! ah!!" and my bf was just kinda saying "uh huh." "it is!!" "I know. whatever." He's played it too but he's.. special. Anyways, yeah, I was wondering where our mighty armadillo friend ran off to too. I liked him alot even though Espio was my fav of chaotix (not including knuckles) I dunno. The old chaotix game just had this wonderful refreshing feel to it, ya know?

Aeralea
Jan 15, 2004, 02:47 AM
On 2004-01-13 16:48, Outrider wrote:

Yeah, I really felt that Sonic 3 & Knuckles was just about the best of them. I played that thing soooo much when I was a wee lass. Arr. I looooved the Ice Cap Zone. The music was beautiful and the whole place was so fresh and you could almost feel the cold air. (and considering that I've never seen snow and the summers where I grew up got into the 100s (deg F) - that was quite an experience!!)

Alright, alright, on a side note.. I'm no hentai-furry-luff-luff type but is it so wrong of me to find Knuckles just a slight bit attractive?

Daethwing188
Jan 15, 2004, 06:34 PM
On 2004-01-12 16:15, Mustashi2278 wrote:

That's funny Game Informer gave it a 7/10 also

Later...

Vitamin_D
Jan 15, 2004, 09:36 PM
Espio is cool as hell.