PDA

View Full Version : Marksman vs. General vs. Elf ...

Cap_Canuk
Jan 10, 2004, 09:21 PM
is there a listing somewhere of the major differences between the types of items (for example the "arms" as I state in the subject line)?
I've seen items with the same apparent effect (eg. +3 ATA) yet with different names. Are they in any way different? or should I just look at the numbers?
I'm also not sure of the various weapons...
my friend is playing as a force, yet we really don't know the difference between a wand and a stick or a rod...
I guess we're too new to this!

ERS
Jan 10, 2004, 09:24 PM
I'm guessing by Marksman, General, or Elf, you mean the units. Just think of things as: the more stars, the better unit. The same goes for the same types of weapons, unless one has enough Hit% on it to make it better.

slimer1231
Jan 10, 2004, 09:27 PM
True, sometimes "weaker" items can be just as good as a strong one... using the "+" and "-". Outside of God/Arm, Elf/Arm++ is the best you can get.

Squeege
Jan 10, 2004, 09:30 PM
About the stick/rod/wand thing, stick is a stronger version of what forces start with, rod is a big long cane that is suppossed to be used for battle, and the wand is a very weak force weapon but it boosts mst and can have attributes.

Soukosa
Jan 10, 2004, 10:19 PM
For the units, here's the stats of them:
Marksman/Arm--: +1 ATA
Marksman/Arm-: +2 ATA
Marksman/Arm: +3 ATA
Marksman/Arm+: +4 ATA
Marksman/Arm++: +5 ATA

General/Arm--: +3 ATA
General/Arm-: +4 ATA
General/Arm: +5 ATA
General/Arm+: +6 ATA
General/Arm++: +7 ATA

Elf/Arm--: +5 ATA
Elf/Arm-: +6 ATA
Elf/Arm: +7 ATA
Elf/Arm+: +8 ATA
Elf/Arm++: +9 ATA

God/Arm: +15 ATA

Black000Moon
Jan 10, 2004, 10:45 PM
hint: go for big numbers

Cap_Canuk
Jan 11, 2004, 02:01 PM
On 2004-01-10 19:19, Sounomi wrote:
For the units, here's the stats of them:
Marksman/Arm--: +1 ATA
Marksman/Arm-: +2 ATA
Marksman/Arm: +3 ATA
Marksman/Arm+: +4 ATA
Marksman/Arm++: +5 ATA

General/Arm--: +3 ATA
General/Arm-: +4 ATA
General/Arm: +5 ATA
General/Arm+: +6 ATA
General/Arm++: +7 ATA

Elf/Arm--: +5 ATA
Elf/Arm-: +6 ATA
Elf/Arm: +7 ATA
Elf/Arm+: +8 ATA
Elf/Arm++: +9 ATA

God/Arm: +15 ATA

Okay, but I notice that there's a marksman/arm +5, as well as a General/arm +5, AND an Elf/arm +5... is there ANY difference between them? (other than the name?)

There's absolutely nothing about this in the manual. And most sites I've been to on the net, although wonderful and full of great explanations and hints and tips, only list items, without actually explaining the differences between them if any.

Ketchup345
Jan 11, 2004, 02:09 PM
On 2004-01-11 11:01, Cap_Canuk wrote:
Okay, but I notice that there's a marksman/arm +5, as well as a General/arm +5, AND an Elf/arm +5... is there ANY difference between them? (other than the name?)

No difference. They are all the same, and *should* have the same rarity.

kyleo999
Jan 11, 2004, 03:11 PM
listen, forget about names. would you use a high level saber, if a low level saber hurt more; well, i wouldnt. if an arm boosts ata more than another, use that one. thats really a no-brainer, huh?

Soukosa
Jan 11, 2004, 04:33 PM
Here's the rarity of the units:
Marksman/Arm--: 1 star
Marksman/Arm-: 1 star
Marksman/Arm: 2 stars
Marksman/Arm+: 3 stars
Marksman/Arm++: 3 stars

General/Arm--: 2 stars
General/Arm-: 2 stars
General/Arm: 3 stars
General/Arm+: 4 stars