PDA

View Full Version : For a bit of reminicing....

Blue-Hawk
Jan 11, 2004, 12:55 AM
What was you're first rare mag here?
Mine was a Savitri. Didn't have the foggiest as to how I made it, but I did. Still have it too. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif
Since then, I have made a Nidra, a Rati and 2 Sato's. Now I am gonna try for a Divari.

cHaOsMaZtA
Jan 11, 2004, 12:58 AM
lol, mine was a savitri also. i was so excited about getting a rare mag. i thought he looked so cool. but a while ago i got bored of how he look and didn't like his stats (25/135/25/15). so i gave him to my brother.

Dhylec
Jan 11, 2004, 02:54 AM
heh, same here
my 1st gcpso char is a whitil hucsl, so savitri is a given http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Soukosa
Jan 11, 2004, 03:20 AM
My first one was a Sato with 30/0/20/150 if I remember correctly. I don't have any more, I lost it in an act of human stupidity x.x; On a side note, why does everyone call them "rare" mags? They aren't rare, you don't even find them. Just because they come in a red box doesn't make them a rare item.

Cengah
Jan 11, 2004, 03:26 AM
Sounomi my first one was the exact same as your's.

As for people calling them rare.
Well if your stupid and can't understand the formula then they are rare.
Other than that they should just be called special.

Xeno_M
Jan 11, 2004, 05:04 AM
I got online around Halloween this year so mine were 2 Soniti's. But for the 4th evolution mag, i think mine was Nidra and Sato. I raised them at the same time so they evolved at around the same time. Just got done raising a Savitri and Bhima. Couple more to go and i'll have em all http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

_Ted_
Jan 11, 2004, 05:08 AM
Savitri here too. I've kept it through a corruption, its stats aren't to good, but I like it anyways.

kingmurp
Jan 11, 2004, 06:43 AM
Savitri(50/50/50/50) too, lol, how about mag cels, mine was the one to make PIAN(45/0/0/155).

CGoodness
Jan 11, 2004, 08:46 AM
Mine was a Red Rati which I lost to FSOD the first time I went online.

Blue-Hawk
Jan 11, 2004, 09:17 AM
Actually, I forgot something about mine untill this morning. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif
My very first was a Soniti back on V1.

Ketchup345
Jan 11, 2004, 09:39 AM
Gold Rati for RAmarl.

What would they be called if they aren't called "rare" Mags then? They are only obtained a certain way. Also, They can't be changed using a Mag Cell, and can't change when the stats change, they should definately be called something different than other Mags. Maybe "special" Mags would be better.

Working on a White Sato for my FOmarl.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ketchup345 on 2004-01-11 09:38 ]</font>

excecutor
Jan 11, 2004, 12:35 PM
Savitri was my first as well, man I loved that thing. Since then I have made a nidra, diwari, sato, and pushan. Im currently working on another rati, and savitri.

BladeofDarkness
Jan 11, 2004, 12:39 PM
On ep1&2 my first mag was a Naraka but I lost him thanks to my stupidty >_< My first rare mag was Nidra and my first mag cell mag was Angel Wings I still use my Nidra even though it's stats aren't that great (35/40/50/75)

I think my first mag on v1 was an Ushasu when I finally traded him(I'd given him like 50mind and it was on a Hucast) for an Apsaras

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BladeofDarkness on 2004-01-11 09:41 ]</font>

Soukosa
Jan 11, 2004, 12:56 PM
On 2004-01-11 00:26, Cengah wrote:

Good point http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

On 2004-01-11 06:39, Ketchup345 wrote:
What would they be called if they aren't called "rare" Mags then? They are only obtained a certain way. Also, They can't be changed using a Mag Cell, and can't change when the stats change, they should definately be called something different than other Mags. Maybe "special" Mags would be better.

In the classification I made for mags, I call the new mags that came out with Ep 1 & 2, "Ep 1 & 2 Special" mags and the others "Ver 1 Cell" and "Ver 2 Cell" mags. Overall though, I call them special mags and not rare ones.

_Ted_
Jan 11, 2004, 02:32 PM

Wow, thats kinda of like finding special weapons. All you do is look up where to find them, maybe look up drop percents, the best place to search for them, and then you go look. For a mag, you look up how to make it, then you experiment feeding it different things, and then a while later you make it. Of course you're guaranteed to make the mag, but some rare weapons you'e guaranteed to find just as easily.

excecutor
Jan 11, 2004, 03:33 PM
On 2004-01-11 11:32, _Ted_ wrote:

Wow, thats kinda of like finding special weapons. All you do is look up where to find them, maybe look up drop percents, the best place to search for them, and then you go look. For a mag, you look up how to make it, then you experiment feeding it different things, and then a while later you make it. Of course you're guaranteed to make the mag, but some rare weapons you'e guaranteed to find just as easily.

Like what? From what I have experienced, there is no such thing as a 100% drop rate for rare items, exluding the soul eater drop from kireek. But then the soul eater is not a rare weapon is it, but rather a quest item.

Appleicious
Jan 11, 2004, 04:38 PM
My first one was a Sato 5/150/45/0. I followed one of the guides here to make it and it's the mag I still use on my humar. I know I messed up the dex, but I'm just too lazy to change it.

Eihwaz
Jan 11, 2004, 04:59 PM
First "special" mag, eh? It was a nice Golden Rati. Belonged to my HUcast, but it's my HUmar's mag now. It looks very cool, and the stats are great (5/145/50/0).

Other than that Rati, I've raised a Purple Rati for a friend, a White Rati for myself, a white Nidra that's rotting in the bank, and my trusty Red Sato.

VulpesMundi
Jan 11, 2004, 06:07 PM
On 2004-01-11 00:20, Sounomi wrote:
On a side note, why does everyone call them "rare" mags? They aren't rare, you don't even find them. Just because they come in a red box doesn't make them a rare item.

I've been arguing that point since E1&2 came out. I don't think anyone ever listened to me, though. When you can easily make an item from something you're given at the get-go, it isn't rare. The problem is most people are lazy, so they simply assume that something in a red box is rare. That's not completely true, however. A red box does not necessarily mean rare item, but rather it means special item. Any of the E1&2 4th evolution MAGs are not truly rare. However, the MAG celled MAGs like Soniti and Panzer's Tail are.

As for my first MAGs... Back on ver.1 I never had a special MAG. My very first MAG there ended up as a Bhirava. On ver.2 my first special MAG was a Panzer's Tail (earned from the old badge exchange). On E1&2 my very first MAG wound up as a Nidra with 10/100/40/50. I originally made it for my HUnewearl, not knowing how her stats would eventually turn out. I later made her a Sato with 10/140/40/10 and still use the Nidra on a force when I want them to have a little extra power and accuracy.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VulpesMundi on 2004-01-11 15:10 ]</font>

Nai_Calus
Jan 11, 2004, 08:29 PM
Well. I made a HUmar, went down to Ragol, and said "WTF is that freaking hot pink -blob- floating over my shoulder? So I fed the hot pink blob, and it turned into a hot pink robotic angelfish. So I fed that, and it turned into what looked like a bunch of freaking cherry petals and eventually gained the name Fluffy. So I fed that. And it turned into the mother of all ugly Mags, Kama. I hated Kama. Loathed it. Despised it. Detested it. So I asked my friends who played PSO what I could do, poked around for information, and came up with a plan. I would take that freaking nasty Kama and turn it to the special Mag my HUmar could make, a Rati. So I looked at feeding charts and the like, and figured out what stats I needed to get it to, and eventually outside the warp to De Rol Le on Hard, I fed my Apsaras(Which I hated as much as the Kama) the last Antidote, the stats hit 15/42/8/35, and ugly, knasty, grotty Apsaras turned into the coolest goddamned thing ever, and I had my nice shiny sexy Rati. <3

I've raised several more since then. ^_^ Such cuties. ^_^

I still have Fluffy, he sits safely in my bank, and Ian-Kun uses Fluffy MkII, which is a Rati with much better stats than Fluffy's 17/115/8/60... ^^;

lain2k3
Jan 11, 2004, 08:51 PM
my second ever lvl 200 mag was a grey sato that I still pass between characters on a regular basis. It's stats are 15/105/45/35, pretty good, IMO.

however, my first level 200 mag was a kabanda that collects dust in my HUnneys bank. 19/53/52/56

It's really not that bad...now that I think about it...

BTW, does anyone know if it's possible to make a level 200 sita? that thing looks cool a hell.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: lain2k3 on 2004-01-11 17:51 ]</font>

Fojar
Jan 11, 2004, 09:51 PM
jet black sato.
he was pretty cool. unfortunetly corruption stole him away. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif