PDA

View Full Version : Monkey King Bar

Reiya
Jan 11, 2004, 10:08 AM
how long would it take me to get one off a Dolmolm in redria?

Ketchup345
Jan 11, 2004, 10:23 AM
When Resting by the Beach quest was up, many people had one somewhat fast, like many had it around 60 "runs/lap".

I am not quite sure how many were in each "run/lap".

The Seabeds are long, and they are not exactly packed with enemies (at least offline). It could take you several runs.

Reiya
Jan 11, 2004, 10:33 AM
60 runs isnt fast, remember this is seabeds were talking about not exactly a piece of cake.

ERS
Jan 11, 2004, 10:39 AM
They said Resting by the Beach, which is a quest where there were about 10 Dolmolms. It was a limited time quest as a tribute to the end of summer.

I know someone who found it from his first Dolmolm, and I know someone else who has been searching for it for about a month.

Wufei
Jan 12, 2004, 06:34 AM
It generally takes 1-20 runs to find the Monkey King Bar. It's the easiest drop in Redria Seabed.

Reiya
Jan 12, 2004, 06:41 AM
thats sounds aight, thx wufei.

heyf00L
Jan 12, 2004, 03:30 PM
I play lots of Redria Cbed and have found 3 MKBs (and 2 Stink Frames...oh the pain). Yeah, it doesn't take that long. Probably about 10 runs.

I also got one from Resting at the Beach (which had 15 Dolmolms). Took me 77 runs.

Zarana
Jan 12, 2004, 04:16 PM
You could always do the second room of West Tower over and over for it. There are about ten Dolmolms and I've seen it drop there before without even looking, so it's much less painful than going through the entire Seabed if this is the only item you want.

Jazhara
Jan 13, 2004, 04:59 AM
My first MKB (http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=1310) took 103 Beach runs, my second (http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=1319) took 69, so 86 runs average, or 1290 Dolmolm per bar. From what I hear I was a little unlucky though, and Heyf00l's 1/1050 holds pretty good as an overall avg.

Reiya
Jan 13, 2004, 08:08 AM
1/1050 sounds like a gd drop rate, thx guys.

Dhylec
Jan 13, 2004, 11:06 AM
ah RbtB!
i wish my redria was high enough for ult back then so i could've hunted a bar or 2 as well http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Squeege
Jan 13, 2004, 03:26 PM
You can get the monkey king bar in offline seabed right? I need it.

Blitzkommando
Jan 13, 2004, 03:28 PM

That is correct.

Squeege
Jan 13, 2004, 03:49 PM
On 2004-01-13 12:28, BLITZKOMMANDO wrote:

That is correct.

Excellent. Not only do I want/need it but a friend of mine has to have it, being a fan of dragonball.(the manga not the anime) Along with the Crazy Tune that goes along with FLCL although has nothing to do with it.(anyone who doesn't know what I'm talking about the MKB is in Dragonball, originally from a Japanese legend thingy)

lain2k3
Jan 13, 2004, 07:53 PM
On 2004-01-13 12:49, Squeege wrote:

On 2004-01-13 12:28, BLITZKOMMANDO wrote:

That is correct.

Excellent. Not only do I want/need it but a friend of mine has to have it, being a fan of dragonball.(the manga not the anime) Along with the Crazy Tune that goes along with FLCL although has nothing to do with it.(anyone who doesn't know what I'm talking about the MKB is in Dragonball, originally from a Japanese legend thingy)

Its not a legend, its is a series of books entitled journey to the west. the original dragonball series is somewhat tied in, with the main characters both being young boys who are strong physically, have tails, and are named son goku. the monkey bar that is red and extends at will is common to both as well.

Squeege
Jan 13, 2004, 09:25 PM
Legend, story, whatever. I get words and such mixed up. I've got to much to remember.

Myopathy
Jan 13, 2004, 11:33 PM
BTW, it is based on a CHINESE legend, not Japanese. Journey to the West is a Chinese legend.

lain2k3
Jan 14, 2004, 03:20 PM
On 2004-01-13 20:33, Ezellaur wrote:
BTW, it is based on a CHINESE legend, not Japanese. Journey to the West is a Chinese legend.

yes, thanks for catching that, I was getting it mixed up with the tale of genji.

Genoa
Jan 14, 2004, 06:13 PM
Then, you will have to go through the pain of getting Black-Blue Stone. My friend gave me a Black King Bar+80 but i'd rather have a Monkey King Bar because I need it for my RAmarl. Unless you just want Monkey King Bar. Chances are equal to a Skyly getting Chain Sawd from a Vulmer. And I got a Chain Sawd eventually... They're not really high chances but not Ubberly rare either. A fair-rare you could say...

lain2k3
Jan 14, 2004, 07:05 PM
On 2004-01-14 15:13, MegamanX wrote:
Then, you will have to go through the pain of getting Black-Blue Stone. My friend gave me a Black King Bar+80 but i'd rather have a Monkey King Bar because I need it for my RAmarl. Unless you just want Monkey King Bar. Chances are equal to a Skyly getting Chain Sawd from a Vulmer. And I got a Chain Sawd eventually... They're not really high chances but not Ubberly rare either. A fair-rare you could say...

I wouldnt exactly call it pain getting rid of all those godforsaken box-devils.

but then again, all mycharacters have been swimming in PD's since level 20.

Genoa
Jan 14, 2004, 07:48 PM
Well i'd call it pain because if you legitimetely wanted to get it by yourself, you'd be trying to hunt for pd's... which is kinda hard to do seeing that it's more random than any other item. But then again, you could be killing stuff with monkey king bar (having fun with your new weapon) at ANY place you want, and having the chance of getting pd's. But most people just trade for them. If I was online, i'd save all mine. I got lots ans lots of pd's.

Reiya
Jan 15, 2004, 06:46 AM
i have a total of 67 PD from all my characters combined is that enough? for the Blue - black stone?

Ketchup345
Jan 15, 2004, 08:41 AM
On 2004-01-15 03:46, Reiya wrote:
i have a total of 67 PD from all my characters combined is that enough? for the Blue - black stone?

http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=307

You should only carry 45 with you, since that is all you need. Keep retrying until you get him to offer the Blue-Black Sone.

Auracom
Jan 16, 2004, 12:49 PM
Hmm maybe if you don't have the time to do Seabedruns... I suggest trying West Tower. Player 1 and 3 will get sent to the Dolmolm/Zoa route. Player 2 and 4 will get sent to Dolomarl/Zele route. I think you know what route is best for hunting MKBs. After clearing the one long room with Dolmolm Zoa and a delbiter just restart the quest. Good Luck with your hunts. ^-^