PDA

View Full Version : FOmar Help

Outrider
Jan 11, 2004, 01:01 PM
Well, I'm just Posty McPosterson today.

I'm a HUmar for the most part, but a while back I started a FOmar to try something new.

Yeah, I've hardly touched him.

I don't think I've even gone through caves on Normal yet. Any basic advice on how to start with a FOmar? Not really planning on becoming a melee force or any specific thing like that. Just general help.

Oh, and post #300. Wiigii! (http://www.itswalky.com)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Outrider on 2004-01-11 10:01 ]</font>

Kadou
Jan 11, 2004, 01:11 PM
My first and current charact is a FOmar. Trust me, it was a bad choice (but only for a first char). I would give advice about starting out, but I didn't fight De Rol Le until level 22, and if you ask me, that's pretty late.

Since then, though, my FOmar has turned out pretty good. He's level 107 (gained 5 levels in my first 12 hours online XD), so he doesn't have the most powerful of techs at the moment (mostly levels 20-26. My shifta is 16 >.<), but I do a great deal of meleeing with him anyway.

Eh, I guess I wasn't that helpful, but I have a compulsion to post on any topic concerning FOmars or Forces in general.

shifter
Jan 11, 2004, 01:29 PM
my advice is to find tech disks with ur other chars. so ur fomar, if u decide to use him again, wont have to rely on a lvl 4 foie on anything past forest. granted u might not be able to use most of the tech u find, but it will definately help u in the later on.

Outrider
Jan 11, 2004, 02:07 PM
Eh, I'm trying to avoid twinking too much. I think I gave him a few tech disks from my HUmar, but nothing much.

Flashpk
Jan 11, 2004, 04:01 PM
A fo is difficult in the beginning. But later on they really start to pay off. I have a fomar lvl 122 and he kicks butt. I don't even carry a weapon, just uses techs.

The only illegal thing i did on him is twinking, i gave him mind material an hp material from my other characters.

Is twinking considered cheating?

cHaOsMaZtA
Jan 11, 2004, 04:21 PM
i certainly dont consider twinking cheating. unless, of course, your passing down duped weapons to your tweaked characters.

Flashpk
Jan 11, 2004, 04:48 PM
mmm now we'll get off topic. Sorry

I don't know how to dupe and dont wanna learn either. I don't use dupes or hacked items. Everything i have, i found it myself. Trading, errr no thank you. I'm the suspicious kind.

navci
Jan 11, 2004, 04:55 PM
Give him a LOT of money.
Well. If you don't mind tweaking, I think a full grown mag helps too. Just for bonuses. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Outrider
Jan 11, 2004, 11:08 PM
Tweaking's not cheating. It can just make a weak character very strong. I'm sorta considering it since I'm not very good with Forces. I'm more a "run in and bash things" kinda guy.

At the most, I'm just gonna give him some stuff that's not that great, but good for where he is. Some tech disks, mediocre weapons/armor and some meseta, I guess.

Gah. I didn't even think of Mags. I hope I can find one that looks as cool on Gregory (FOmar) as the Varaha looks on Outrider (HUmar) in his white costume. (The best part is I didn't even plan it that way. Just looks cool.)

Spider
Jan 12, 2004, 01:19 AM
Get him the soul eater (Y) my FOmar is at I think level 33 with a naga and Soul Eater, much nice.
Follow the guide somewhere on the site with the kireek quest and steal his weapon. since you sound to be a hunter at heart, it will go down very well.

Eihwaz
Jan 12, 2004, 03:22 AM
Yes, playing as a FOmar can be confusing, at first. My own FOmar (Arc) is at level 41, and I can offer some useful tips:

Melee: For earlier levels, the Soul Eater is really great. Once you've gotten high enough, Soul Banish is even better. A good pair of Mechs with HIGH Hit% are really useful, as well. J/Z/S/D should be used, especially in higher difficulties.

Casting: Erm, Gifoie and Gizonde, as well as the occasional Grants are your friend. Gibarta, meh, I don't like it that much. Barta should do just fine, however. TP stealing weapons with lots of Hit% are also nice to have

Mag: For melee, lots and lots of DEX and POW. Not much else. Something like (5/105/90/0) would do pretty good. For casting, cram it with Mind, and a good bit of DEX for TP stealing weapons.

Sedric
Jan 12, 2004, 01:32 PM
FOmars are not really bad starting char. My friend has only one active character (well, "HAD," not has, since he stopped playing long time ago) and it was FOmar (He made to lv 150-something).

Nuthin' wrong with that.

Here's my recommendation for caster FOmar:

-Try all MIND Mag. Really helps. Sucks your wallet dry, but payoff is very good.
-Stick with Gi's. Really great with FOmar. Ra's are good too, but later Gi's do better.

He's the jack-of-all-trade Force so shouldn't be too tough.

Outrider
Jan 12, 2004, 04:28 PM
Ok, cool.

Sounds like I'll be playing with Gregory a bit more. Give Outrider a break. Thanks for the tips, everybody.

Fomar0153
Jan 14, 2004, 06:19 AM
Well the first i played i made a fomar and didn't leave the forest until level 11. Then the caves took me to 22-25 then the mines were roughly 30 and Dark Falz took me till level 32. On episode 2 i completed at somewhere around 50

Reiya
Jan 14, 2004, 06:47 AM
FOmars are really gd at later levels, some of the best players in pso are FOmars.

Naagata_Clan
Jan 14, 2004, 01:22 PM
Hmm advice... well my primary character for me was a FOmarl, and they are pretty similar... I will say its a biznatch to start as a FO, especially if you don't want to pass items between chars... (Which would be useless to me, because my FOmarl is still much higher than my HUnewearl... *points to sig*) Let me see hmm...
1) You are a HUMAN, so abuse the fact you will get a decent ATP growth for a FO. Don't be afraid to melee, because unlike the FOnewearl or FOnewm (With some exceptions out there) your melee will do considerable damage. Hell, damage for damage right now my FOmarl would be better off just using her Double Saber.

2) Mag... I believe you should in the end make 2 mags. One to get you started and one to finish with. For me the first mag I built was a nice balanced mag (25/75/50/50). Ok ok, so I had more Pow than mind... but it worked, and I used it for the longest time... (Until level 80 I believe). Or make your first mag a Super mag, namely boost 1 stat greatly... but it's up to you, ne?

3) Casting... I say this for all magic users regardless... GIFOIE, GIZONDE, RABARTA. To me those are the BIG 3! Gifoie is great with its cheezy effect of being able to hit people in the next room. Gizonde has just great multiple enemy hitting ability (And since your a FOmar, you get attack bonuses for those 2, right?). And RAbarta because it deals good damage, and FREEZES. Barta is a good alternative though, for it remains very powerful.

In the end though, its all advice... feel free to ignore me altogether. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif But hey, anything that can help a person out, right?

DirtyDan311
Jan 20, 2004, 09:35 PM
for a fomar, you are going to find your pretty mediocre if you go as a hardcore spellcaster, because in ultimate, gifoie is too damn slow, and gibarta flat out sucks. your ra techs are going to be weak unless you use an elemental wand(fire scepter, ice staff, storm wand), and the corresponding merge, which is a waste. FOmar, despite what others may tell you, are actually competent hunters despite the horrendously low ata. Some may tell you that if you want tot melee, just make a hunter. WEll, frankly, a melee FOmar is invaluable to any team. THe addition of the support techniques plus a character that can hold his own in combat and actually do significant damage is defintly a welcome member on any team. i would rather have a melee fomar in a 2 man team than a casting force any day. They are basically two for one. If you look at the FOmar as a hunter with level 30 techs, then he is a quality character. Your rabarta can freeze stuff, and you can use spells like gizonde for crowd control. I have a level 185 FOmar, and he is my favorite of my 5 characters. They are challenging and involving to play with, as opposed to some characters, mainly HUmars and RAmars, which just walk into a room, cast rafoie, and start blasting/hacking everything. boring. FOmars own.

Realm
Jan 20, 2004, 10:57 PM
My best advice for a FoMar is keep him well rounded. Focus on techs but maintain some meleeing skills, incase your team needs some extra muscle.