PDA

View Full Version : Ep.3 localization

Zebulan7
Jan 11, 2004, 01:40 PM
Don't know if I'm supposed to do this but IGNcube (http://cube.ign.com) has hands on with the English version of Ep.3 with screen shots. read here (http://cube.ign.com/articles/461/461901p1.html) thought it was interesting.

Arislan
Jan 11, 2004, 04:10 PM
They need to do their research.. Getting better ranks gives you better cards? Go IGN. Apparently none of the people that bothered with this game actually imported it past the Beta.

SonicBlue22
Jan 11, 2004, 06:06 PM
How can the whole game be translated that fast?
The Ep.3 English code UNLOCKED EVERYTHING THEY HAD TRANSLATED SO FAR.

Aunt_Betty
Jan 11, 2004, 06:35 PM
lol WILM BREAK! oooo this is fun.

Shimarisu
Jan 11, 2004, 06:56 PM
Well, not going to comment on the huge amount of errors in the review, but I noticed this gem:

"Now that we're busy playing PSOIII (in English)"

What a cocky boast. If they were anything near prestigious enough to work for, they might have had a Japanese speaking reviewer who reviewed it MONTHS ago. And the way they phrase it, it's like the Japanese version is somehow, icky.

I should apply to Sega for a preview copy in English though, didn't know it was out. I'll get onto my boss in the morning - will be able to confirm for you all too, if most of the translation is the same.

- Shimarisu

Zaneatron
Jan 11, 2004, 07:47 PM
On 2004-01-11 15:06, SonicBlue22 wrote:
How can the whole game be translated that fast?
The Ep.3 English code UNLOCKED EVERYTHING THEY HAD TRANSLATED SO FAR.

The code did not translate everything they had done, if your talking about Sapphards code that is. i dunno about later versions. sapphs was safe and bug free. from what ive heard a lot of it was translated just codes for some bits havent been made. the story text shouldnt have been too hard to do there wasnt a lot there anyway. silfers story needed doing, and a few other bits. i mean its not rocket science. a few translators could have done it in a reasonable amount of time. bearing in mind theyve probably been working on the translation a lot since the japanese release.

Zebulan7
Jan 11, 2004, 08:34 PM
Yeah, there were errors. The screen shots in English showed me a few things. For one all their names will remain the same. Just thought it was interesting that they pointed that it(it being Ep.3) existed.

A2K
Jan 11, 2004, 10:39 PM
There are quite a few factual errors in here. Bleh. I'm not exactly a huge fan of Mary Jane.

IGN posted a previous feature on Episode III about, oh, a month ago or so. Just because they aren't constantly posting daily features on it doesn't mean they want to neglect its existance, you know. Ah, whether or not we want to admit it or not there just hasn't been much buzz for the game here.