PDA

View Full Version : giving up on delsaber buster..

magenta
Apr 12, 2001, 08:05 AM
just wondering if there's any specific method/way of getting this snazzy looking weapon..

i was told that i had to do the following.

1)do mission "that" mission for dr montague in ruins, and talk to dr montague afterwards..he mentions something about creating weapons

2) go back to "unsealed door" mission with mome, and before the mission you talk to dr montague who mentions something about completing the weapon, and needing the spare parts.. finish mission

3)Go through ruins, you should get a delsaber to drop an arm,

4)go back to unsealed door, and give arm to dr.montague who then gives you a weapon..

is this right?.. just want help on this.

MaximumBeef
Apr 12, 2001, 08:11 AM
If it's anything like the S-Beat's Blades, which also come from Dr Montague in that mission, then I don't think there's any specific method of getting the item that you need to give to him, i.e. the delsabers arm or whatever it is, I think it's purely luck.

To get him to make the thing you just have to take the item to him in the Quest, without finishing it or anything.

Unless someone knows different...

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_smile.gif

Holy_Knight
Apr 12, 2001, 08:12 AM
heh,heh, i have good luck finding cool weapons (ranger and hunter have delsabers buster) s ill help u out. first of all you dont have to complete any qust that i know of to get a delsabers right arm. second u need to complete all the quests and THEN go to a quest where he appears (such as Unsealed Door) talk to him and hell make the weapon right there. you do not have to complete the mission to keep the buster.

Sisqua
Apr 12, 2001, 08:27 AM
I just got an arm, started up a quest where doc montague was present, spoke to him and he turned it into buster. I can't use it with laluki yet tho cos I'm not high enuff level (swapped it from Sisqua before he 'died').

I think one of my friends has found about 3 right arms (all legit items found by them) - I'll see if they have any spare and can give u one.

S.

MechDan
Apr 12, 2001, 10:46 AM
That's right, you don't need to do any quests in order to find a Delsabre's Right Arm. It was the first rare item I ever found, back before I knew there were any rare items. Needless to say, I was surprised!

The right arms are common as rares go, but I've not yet found a left arm.

tbiii
Apr 12, 2001, 11:07 AM
You know, it's weird. I knew about Del Sabres and their arms from the strategy guide and this site, but didn't really know how rare they are. Once I got to the ruins on normal, I found three right arms fairly quickly. I don't know if normal mode is the place to look for them, but I've played a lot of very hard ruins now that my level is up more, and I haven't seen one appendage. I even gave one of my busters away to a lower leveled character, because I didn't think they were that rare. I still don't exactly how rare they are, but I'm beginning to appreciate my luck in finding three arms so quickly. I guess what I'm trying to say here is that I found three on normal ruins, so maybe you should try there.