PDA

View Full Version : GC: Conection Lost...

Giezus
Jan 11, 2004, 09:41 PM
Ok, I only tried this a couple times, but heres what happened.

I was in Deneb (block 1) and when I try to make a game, once I hit register my character freezes. I can still here the music, and backround is still moving, but my character just freezes. So, I figure it was the block. I go to Antares (block 10) and I can make a game and all, but somthing seems weird when I get down to the surface and all the boxes are empty. Then, like 25 secs into the game, it says my connection was lost. I did each block twice and each block had the same thing. Whats wrong? I had just picked up some items (green and red ring) do you think these are "mini-bans"?

EDIT: I dumped off my red and Green Rings in offline mode and quit, but still the same thing when I sign back on to the internet. Somone please help (I need to finish up some trades).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Giezus on 2004-01-11 19:08 ]</font>

Skuda
Jan 11, 2004, 10:08 PM
Sorry. i searched all of sega's message boards and the tech support. no dice. I'll keep looking though.

Kadou
Jan 11, 2004, 10:12 PM
Same here. Well, it was doing it for a while, anyway. It stopped around 6:30 EST.

Giezus
Jan 11, 2004, 10:17 PM
The Deneb Ship happened about 6:20 (western) and the Antares happened about 6:30. I left my GCN off for about 10 mins and am going to try again.

EDIT: After many trys, and different tests I have come to the conclusion that its either my Internet Provider (Comcast) or one of the servers. Its not my cable because I tried 2 others and the same thing happened, and its not one of my items/my character cause I made anew one and again, same stuff. I guess I just sit and wait (and hope it gets better).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Giezus on 2004-01-11 20:52 ]</font>

VioletSkye
Jan 12, 2004, 02:43 AM
On 2004-01-11 19:17, Giezus wrote:
The Deneb Ship happened about 6:20 (western) and the Antares happened about 6:30. I left my GCN off for about 10 mins and am going to try again.

EDIT: After many trys, and different tests I have come to the conclusion that its either my Internet Provider (Comcast) or one of the servers. Its not my cable because I tried 2 others and the same thing happened, and its not one of my items/my character cause I made anew one and again, same stuff. I guess I just sit and wait (and hope it gets better).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Giezus on 2004-01-11 20:52 ]</font>

did you do any trace routes to see if you are getting heavy packet loss? Comcast is upgrading all the areas slowly to the newer 3000/256 speeds, so in some ares you may notice intermittent problems. Do you notice anything unusual while browsing?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VioletSkye on 2004-01-11 23:43 ]</font>