PDA

View Full Version : XBox: question about finding rares...

jnblz316
Jan 12, 2004, 08:04 AM
i recently created a skyly HUmar and i am currently working my way to ultimate. i want to find the monkey king bar and sealed j-sword. i find those 2 on mercarol&gi gue respectively. now the question is can i just do east and west tower quest since there's more of both or do i have to stay according to episode 2?
hope that makes sense
thanks in advance

Xeno_M
Jan 12, 2004, 08:18 AM
You can find them both in East Tower. Good freakin' luck tho. MKB you have a chance, but dont get your hopes up on the Sealed J. Chances are you'll get sick of the Tower before you even find the MKB.

-Luke-
Jan 12, 2004, 01:09 PM
Woot...another sould throwing his soul to the rare chaos. Aint gonna happen pal. And if you do get em, prepare to be bashed by uber legits. No one will believe they are real, go for style, like a Chainsawd or Zanba, Twin brand is nice too. Zanba is hard though...
Luke

anwserman
Jan 12, 2004, 01:42 PM
Actually, I think of it as there is a chance, and the more people who go J-Sword searching means a better chance of you finding one.

The odds are like 1/10000 of one dropping from a Gi-Gue, right? If two people search for them, even in separate games, the odds go down to 1/5000 of it dropping, since more Gi-Gues are being killed at the same time. Though you might not be killing the Gi-Gues, and not get the sword, the more Gi-Gues that are slaughtered means the chances of it dropping somewhere within the game increase.

Of course, you guys might say its hogwash (I think my own thoughts are hogwash too), but it makes me feel better about acquiring the J-Sword with my HUnewearl. All mighty lv.20.

jnblz316
Jan 12, 2004, 04:34 PM
yeah i will find it and i really don't care about what the uber legits say. if they got a problem with it so what. i can't play as long as them so it'll take forever but i will find them. so uber legits i don't have 10-12 a day to play to find rares so i either trade for them or i pick certain ones i want to look for.

Appleicious
Jan 12, 2004, 05:40 PM
Naysayers be damned. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

I've done 98 Skyly East Towers so far and I've found:

2 MKBs
1 Yamigarasu
1 Partisan of Lightning
1 Soul Banish
1 Fatsia
1 Gi Gue PDrop (Grrr...)

If you have what it takes, you'll find what you're looking for. I believe ADE did about 550-600 East Towers before giving up and never found his Sealed-J. It drops every 1500 East Tower runs, approximately.

Also, as you can see above, Skyly has a triple-A East Tower. You can also find the Yas 7000V, Berdysh, and the Heaven P from the Spigells (very tiny chance, but you never know).

Good luck.

Zarana
Jan 12, 2004, 06:32 PM
I wrote an excavation guide on the Skyly Tower, 330 hunts in total. It's in the Excavation Reports section. You've got a strong chance at a Monkey King Bar, but the J-Sword will take you a long time.

KaFKa
Jan 12, 2004, 06:52 PM
*shifty eyes*
remember that guy who got a sealed-j on his first seaside run...?

hey man, i got uber lucky, but it can happen

(currently sitting pretty on two sealed-j gi-gue drops, one is now a TJ, and the other is sitting in my friends bank)

it can happen, but dont get your hopes up http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif...

XerosMaster
Jan 12, 2004, 06:59 PM
how did you unseal the SJ?

Ketchup345
Jan 12, 2004, 07:55 PM
On 2004-01-12 15:59, XerosMaster wrote:
how did you unseal the SJ?

http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=69992&forum=7&10

Giezus
Jan 12, 2004, 08:11 PM
My guess (and again, its just a guess) but ir has to do with an online quest, ONLY soni team (Sega) didnt bother putting it out because they realized that so many people had them (plus TJ Swords) becuase of dupers/hackers.

ERS
Jan 12, 2004, 10:30 PM
On 2004-01-12 17:11, Giezus wrote:
My guess (and again, its just a guess) but ir has to do with an online quest, ONLY soni team (Sega) didnt bother putting it out because they realized that so many people had them (plus TJ Swords) becuase of dupers/hackers.

Read the topic, the damn answer is right there. No need to come up with dumb ideas like that when the true answer is right there.

Richard
Jan 13, 2004, 07:51 AM
SASA (Japanese player) recently found a SEALED J-SWORD in only 199 West Tower runs. And Mr. SION found one (along with Grants Lv.30) about a month ago in 828 East Tower runs.

It's a feasible find, it just takes more time and patience than most American players have.

Zarana
Jan 13, 2004, 01:27 PM
I would surely have a J-Sword by now myself, if Barubary hadn't discovered a way to unseal it. Doing that myself was the whole reason I was looking, so I put a stop to those J-Sword hunts at around 360. If I can't discover how it's unsealed, I don't even want one.