PDA

View Full Version : Al Rappies~~~I'm a newbie

Knack
Apr 12, 2001, 09:31 AM
I just wanted to say hello to all and state my hypothesis.
I was just playing the fake in yellow quest in normal made, thinking about Al Rappies... then I found one. After that I was thinking (my head hurts now) that maybe if I keep doing that quest over and over again I may have a better chance at finding Al Rappies. Afer I finish this, i'm gonna go see. I'll put my results here when I'm done.

KnightShade
Apr 12, 2001, 05:54 PM
well for a newbie your off to a great start. i'm a lvl 85 and i have yet to see any rare monster. please do keep the rest of us posted on this.

Knack
Apr 14, 2001, 06:46 PM
I'm happy to say that it works! I played the stupid quest 10 times and found 3 Al Rappies. I would have played it more if it wasn't so boring. I hope it helps someone out there.

vandalizer
Apr 18, 2001, 01:55 AM
I was reading at this message board once, that everytime a person ran into a al rappy with their character it was when their game time clock read a number that was divisible by 20 (ex: 40, 60, 80). I tried this theory out in hard mode when i reached 60 hours on my clock by doing the fake in yellow quest 3 times during that hour, and no al rappies. Oh well you can try this theory out if you want. Maybe it has something to do with section id?

Vandalizer
level 46 HUcast

Axeman
Apr 18, 2001, 01:00 PM
Just out of curiosity, what difficulty level were you playing on when you saw the Al Rappies? Did you get any cool items from them?

I have seen an Al Rappy I think twice ever. Unfortunately it got away before I could get an item from it. That really is unpleasant. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_frown.gif

Knack
Apr 18, 2001, 04:05 PM
I was on normal mode, was an Oran, and got meseta. I don't think that you can get items in normal mode, cuz I also fought a nar lilly and got meseta. Always the stupid meseta!!! BTW, I haven't even played online yet.

Fade--X
Apr 19, 2001, 02:45 AM
I have played Fake Yellow on VH 36 times now (yes i kept count) and no Als. I have also played it 10 times on normal and no luck as well. As far as I am conserned they are a rumor (hehe). Stupid little buggers. Anyway I got a Ranger Field in the past from a Rap. Can you get that from a yellow one or was it a blue one and I just wasent paying attention?

Madgeiser
Apr 19, 2001, 05:11 AM
The only rare monster that i always found was Nar Lily. 10 times in normal mode, 3 times in hard, 0 times in very hard. The only reasonable thing i got from a Nar Lily is a Hero/Ability. The time i got a Hero/Ability was when i was playing it online and killed the Na Lily. Anyway, i never saw a Al Rappy or HildeBlue before. I guess it isn't so common.

Kent
Apr 22, 2001, 03:54 AM
I remember when I first saw a Nar Lily on normal offline...I killed with 1 good smack (I haven't played offline much, so I was around level 55-60, and trying to beat normal so I could go to different places when I mad a game online) and I got a freakin' Marksman/Arm--!
DAMN THAT NAR LILY!!!
I remember when my brother saw his first rare monster, it was an Al Rappy, it went something like this (K is me B will refer to my brother):
B:*gasp* "HEY KENT COME HERE!!!"
K: (in distance)"For what?!"
B: "AL RAPPY!"
K: (I run to the TV)"HOLY $@#!"
B: (smacks the Al Rappy, down in one hit)
*SMACK* (again)
"WOOHOO!!! FLOWEN'S SHIELD!!!"
K: "...I hate that Nar Lily..."
[This was in Hard mode, online]

As it turns out, you CAN find items from monsters in normal mode, just not very good items...

lugus
Apr 23, 2001, 01:57 AM
I found a AL Rappy in hard forest a long time ago when I was around lv 50(Now im 100).It gave me a Regenerate gear.Too bad I lost it in a FSOD.I found another one a couple of days ago in v hard Fake in Yellow and it gave me meseta.

Telstar
Apr 23, 2001, 10:40 AM
i saw an al rappy on my very first play of fake in yellow - as a v low level on normal. i didn't get anything good out of it except more experience. i now have 190+ hours, am at level 88 and haven't seen another rare creature, or any out of the ordinary rare irems. does Pinkal suck, or is it just me? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_smile.gif