PDA

View Full Version : Which is the best Force

tbiii
Apr 12, 2001, 10:18 AM
I am going to get another VMU and start another character. I'm pretty sure I'll be using a force, but I would really appreciate some input on which force I should pick.

Thanks in advance.

magenta
Apr 12, 2001, 10:29 AM
i am of course..

with my beautiful dress, and pretty hat, i am by fat the most classical.

and with my double saber in hand (thankies to c) i can become the most fearsome..

ohh...sorry i thought this was another contest..ahem.. i think fomarls are way to go..well fonewyns are better, but i just dont like their clothes.. plus i obviously chose fomarl for a good reason

RedVento
Apr 12, 2001, 10:39 AM
Well, the formal is the only one that doesn't look like a total fruitcake, plus is pretty well balanced for a force.. Least I thought so when choosing a force character for myself.. The others are just way to goofy looking.. and WTF is up with the raver platform elf shoes????

Mindblade
Apr 12, 2001, 10:53 AM
Yay, a new force discussion. Like many have beaten me to the punch to, FOmarl is great. It looks good. The only problem is she has the lowest MST of the forces, but it's still way up there. Also, she has the best accuraccy of the 3 forces, letting her use TP-Draining handguns well. My 2 cents.

IceBlink
Apr 12, 2001, 10:54 AM
Hmmm. Which Force...

FOmarl:
Good: Most powerful in hand-to-hand (not by much, though).
Bad: Lowest TP (even so, more higher than hunters)

FOnewear
Good: High TP
Bad: Lowest hit-rate in hand-to-hand

FOnewn
Good: High TP, presumed to have highest MST ability
Bad: Lowest armour class. Plus, bad fashion sense.

Personally, I chose a FOmarl, for a balanced choice. ^_^

MechDan
Apr 12, 2001, 11:17 AM
I think FOnewearls are the cutest--and based on the throngs of Jp FOnewearls you see when the Japanese are online, they think so too.

Both me and my fiancee have cute FOnewearl characters. ^_^; (It's the only class we duplicate. Other than that, we've got just one of each class.)

Drake
Apr 12, 2001, 11:36 AM
It's definitely not FOmarl. Take it from someone who's played one up to level eighty-four - from a practical standpoint, they are one of the weakest classes in the game. Not only do they have the worst attack speed (bad enough to cancel out the benefits of the extra power and accuracy), but they cannot run to save their lives. Literally. --; The first time I fought Vol Opt - I was level twenty-four or so - I breezed through the first form, then promptly got squished by the column attack; I just couldn't run fast enough to dodge. --;

Advantages:
- Their slightly higher ATP and ATA maxes allow them to equip several nice weapons (Inferno Bazooka is the first off the top of my head) which the other two Forces never can. (...And yes, the image of a midget FOmarl lugging around a giant portable cannon is hilarious. ^^)
- They look cool. I think they do, anyway. ^^; Mine has the Ghaleon-ish two-pointed hat, the white robe, and pale blue hair... she looks like she just walked off the set of LUNAR. ^^;
- No "deranged jester" jokes (FOnewm) or complete strangers trying to pick you up (FOnewearl). Well, not as many, anyway.

IceBlink
Apr 12, 2001, 12:00 PM
Heh! Today, I beat Vol Opt with Lyric, my level 19 FOmarl! ^_^ No supermag or anything, it was a level 75 mag too. ^_^

Weapon? I didn't use any. ^_^; Just Razonde and LOTS of fluids... ^_^;

To think that I had to 'be' level 30 like everyone else said... HA! ^_^ I proved you all wrong! It's possible to win at level 19! Use dimates if you get stomped by the pillars and time it! After every stomp, use one so you're full health again. ^_^

DCKaz
Apr 12, 2001, 12:10 PM
First off, and I've said it before.. this game is *easy*. I have a 65 FOmarl, and yeah you seem a bit slow at times.. but the slowest? It took some getting used to, but you ARE fastest enough to outrun volopt and dark falz targeting shots (both of which will kill you easily if you don't).

Worst attack speed.. ok I hadn't noticed that much either.. I've been a gunner to date, be it the handgun line or machine gun. Lately I use either my infernal bazooka (yes, my midget redhead FOmarl with red dress and toting a large bazooka in her arms http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_smile.gif) or a geist raygun.

Basically if you want to go hardcore and easy, be a humar or hunewearl. I've loved the challenge of a FOmarl.. yes bosses are challenging, and we actually have to learn patterns and techniques rather than getting in close and finishing the boss in short order.

Any of the Forces should be fun, I'd go for the look you want. I posted ages ago about the different maxes.. in the end the FOmarl can use a few more weapons, and the other two forces have a little more MST - thus a little more damage, area spell range, and TP. But not a lot - much more important is the spell level.

Since you're starting another character, if you're passing goods on to your new force, the challenge is greatly reduced and even more reason to pick exactly what you want to play. Even if not.. I can't say I've ever had a real tough time soloing as a FOMarl.. some bosses will take learning, planning, and scape dolls though as you grow.. and the final dark falz on very hard some real equipment and perserverance (from what I've heard, at least in multiplayer I'm still a one-shot light spell online irregardless of what I equip). But that's true for any Force with the low hps.

Play what hits/suits you. Remember the game is about fun.. not optimal death dealing. Sometimes a character can be too powerful, and reduce the need or purpose to group.. which is a lot of the fun of PSO.

Diablo2 is a good example.. you do better soloing in a multiplayer game.. nice design.
lol