PDA

View Full Version : Frozen Shooter or Snow Queen??

Reiya
Jan 13, 2004, 08:17 AM
i have a frozen shooter and i was considering changing it into a snow queen, but i heard the snow queen has no combo, is that true?

i was wondering if u guys can help me choose either

FR or SN? ur pick.

Ketchup345
Jan 13, 2004, 08:53 AM
Frozen Shooter- Better Freezing accuracy (same as power attack), no penetrating, combos.

Snow Queen- Normal freezing accuracy (same as any weapon with Blizzard special I think), penetrates (can hit a line of enemies), no combo.

Most people suggest both, each for their own situation. So I think it was that each one has their own episode where they really shine.

Superguppie
Jan 13, 2004, 09:51 AM
I have both, and I love'em. I don't have to choose, but if I had to it would be for Frozen Shooter.

For single player offline it is just more useful. I've tried both and found it to be this way for my style of playing. No Combo's sucks single player...

Plus, you can find it. To make a Snow Queen you have to find FS, grind it up (well, no real problem. Grinders applenty with me...) and use some Photon Drops (and those are still rare to me) to get a Photon Booster. So, basicaly SQ is more expensive, and for single player games it's just less useful.

Dhylec
Jan 13, 2004, 10:57 AM
FS!
i find the comboable FS more enjoyable than the single-hit only SQ..
plus as a FS, you can turn it to SQ when you want it & not vice versa
well, just my taste http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Soukosa
Jan 13, 2004, 12:12 PM
On 2004-01-13 05:53, Ketchup345 wrote:Snow Queen- Normal freezing accuracy (same as any weapon with Blizzard special I think

Blizzard is dependent on an enemy's ESP, while the SQ has the same chance of freezing as the FS. The SQ's special simply doesn't have the same amount of accuracy, while the FS's has the same accuracy of a hard attack, the SQ has the accuracy of a standard special attack.

Most people suggest both, each for their own situation. So I think it was that each one has their own episode where they really shine.

I feel that people need both, unless they have a ton of ATA with an SQ. Some people say that the SQ is worthless, but I guess they never tried to freeze a Belra while a bunch of Arlans are playing Ring Around the Belra.

Zarana
Jan 13, 2004, 01:29 PM
When given a choice, I would always take the Frozen Shooter. The Snow Queen does have its select uses (like Belras in Famitsu who stand back to back), but it will never be as useful for the area as a whole as the Frozen Shooter. If you can carry both at once the Snow Queen isn't exactly worthless, per say, you just won't be using it in 90% of all situations.

VulpesMundi
Jan 13, 2004, 04:19 PM
I find the Snow Queen to be useful pretty much anywhere, and I rarely use the Frozen Shooter. The only place I choose the FS over the SQ is the Tower quests, as you're almost exclusively facing just one enemy at a time in those. The Snow Queen is extremely useful against the Dragon/Sil Dragon, De Rol Le/Dal Ra Lie, Barba Ray, and the Gol Dragon, and can even be useful against Vol Opt and the Gal Gryphon. Against the dragons an SQ can hit multiple targets while they're flying overhead. Against the worms the SQ can hit every segment if you stand near the head. You can also hit lilies twice in a single shot using an SQ.

The only thing I ever really suggest for someone who wants to use a Snow Queen is a hit bonus. Make sure the Frozen Shooter you use to make an SQ has a hit bonus. Even a small bonus of 15 hit will greatly improve the accuracy of the weapon. I'd also suggest having max or near max base ATA when using an SQ.

Anyone else sick of seeing this topic?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VulpesMundi on 2004-01-13 13:32 ]</font>

Skuda
Jan 13, 2004, 06:48 PM
If you can get two frozen shooters from a torr, and change one with a photon booster, then you'll be cookin! or...freezing?

Reiya
Jan 14, 2004, 06:03 AM
Anyone else sick of seeing this topic?

no one asked you to post.

Auracom
Jan 16, 2004, 12:56 PM
Well if you're one to do EP1 alot then SQ might just be your best friend. As for EP2 I usually take my FS around for CCA or Seabed runs. Others wise I love using the SQ. I also advise that you try and make a SQ with hit, it'll make the SQ all the more sweeter.