PDA

View Full Version : Minority Superheros.. Captin Black Man.. Away!!!

Anubis_
Jan 13, 2004, 04:48 PM
:my mother..
"Why they goota kill tha black guy.. He aint did nothin,, he was just standing their and he got killed.."

:my father..
"You know they gonna kill the black man first.. Is a white mans world, They aint gonna give a black man no good role in a movie.. Just like it aint no black superheros.."

After about 30 mins of listening to banter like this,, Screaming to the top of my lungs and pulling out my hair out of pure fustration of having to listen to them go on and on like that..

I start to realize that for a small part they're right,there arent many black supperheros, or many minority super heros for that matter..

You dont find many hispanic, or hatian superheros.. Marvel has a few minority mutants,, but they still have 10xs more than anyone else..

Some people ask,, Why do people draw black Gokus and Vegitas.. I say,, .... A fuk it.. who cares.. Draw what you want.. Its like looking at a black portrait of Jesus.. Sure it may seem odd to some people, But who ever said he was white?... ah shit.. (shuts up to avoid going off topic..)

Their are a few black superheros come to mind..
Storm and Bishop, Green Lantern form Justice League.. Spawn, Blade... Sure they are far and few between,, but at least they're there.. Unlike most other minorities..

Ness
Jan 13, 2004, 05:05 PM
Actually, facts have proven that Jesus was actaully Middle Eastern. Anyway.....

Just give it time and more black super heros will appear.

Solstis
Jan 13, 2004, 05:24 PM
I guess they want to save on ink, or something.

I noticed in the old Dragonballs (not Z) that all the black guys had the sterotypical cartoon features (HUGE lips, etc). I guess the Japanese had seems few of 'em darkies. (I'm just kidding about that, I'm half black)

Black000Moon
Jan 13, 2004, 05:27 PM
On 2004-01-13 13:48, Anubis_ wrote:

:my mother..
"Why they goota kill tha black guy.. He aint did nothin,, he was just standing their and he got killed.."

"You know they gonna kill the black man first.. Is a white mans world, They aint gonna give a black man no good role in a movie.. Just like it aint no black superheros.."

After about 30 mins of listening to banter like this,, Screaming to the top of my lungs and pulling out my hair out of pure fustration of having to listen to them go on and on like that..

I start to realize that for a small part they're right,there arent many black supperheros, or many minority super heros for that matter..

You dont find many hispanic, or hatian superheros.. Marvel has a few minority mutants,, but they still have 10xs more than anyone else..

Some people ask,, Why do people draw black Gokus and Vegitas.. I say,, .... A fuk it.. who cares.. Draw what you want.. Its like looking at a black portrait of Jesus.. Sure it may seem odd to some people, But who ever said he was white?... ah shit.. (shuts up to avoid going off topic..)

Their are a few black superheros come to mind..
Storm and Bishop, Green Lantern form Justice League.. Spawn, Blade... Sure they are far and few between,, but at least they're there.. Unlike most other minorities..

spawn a hero and from hell.....*shudders*.....

Scejntjynahl
Jan 13, 2004, 05:34 PM
I believe they dont use many minorities because they may believe that their comics/movies wont sell. Hence the word minority = less money. Unfortunately they fail to realize that minority does not mean less people.

And I sincerely doubbt it has to do with saving ink.

Robo47
Jan 13, 2004, 05:55 PM
You're all forgetting Morpheus!

Sord
Jan 13, 2004, 06:01 PM
Zoro...umm...no others come to mind that weren't white ate one point. Green lanter was white. Storm from x-man was white in one saga. Almost any hero that's black now was white before...maybe that why hero movies generally suck. Not enough variety.

Robo47
Jan 13, 2004, 06:05 PM
What about the PSO Pimp?

shifter
Jan 13, 2004, 06:43 PM
what about Super Bolt/Black Bolken and his remake, Static Shock. no market for minority super hero's, Statics coming back for his third or fourth season on the WB.

Sord
Jan 13, 2004, 06:49 PM
even if Static Shock was white, since i'm not racist, THAT SHOW REAKS ON ICE!!!

Bradicus
Jan 13, 2004, 07:18 PM
The only black superheros i can think of are: Green lanter, Black Falcon, Blade, and possibly bishop from X-men... not many.

shifter
Jan 13, 2004, 07:23 PM
On 2004-01-13 15:49, Sord wrote:

i never said it was good, i just said it was coming back for another season.

Sord
Jan 13, 2004, 07:25 PM
On 2004-01-13 16:23, shifter wrote:

On 2004-01-13 15:49, Sord wrote:

i never said it was good, i just said it was coming back for another season.

i never said you said it was good. I'm just stating that i hate that show. I actually hate the wiz kid more then static. I don't know their names, so bear with the wiz kid thing,

shifter
Jan 13, 2004, 07:41 PM
On 2004-01-13 16:25, Sord wrote:
I actually hate the wiz kid more then static. I don't know their names, so bear with the wiz kid thing,

to which wiz kid are u refering to? r he/she/they in a show/movie/comic that we know? theres nothing better than a mutual hatred to a particular char./s u know?

Deathscythealpha
Jan 13, 2004, 07:52 PM
Apparently there is actually a Haitian Super Hero. I was talking about this to the Comic Book Guy who lives in my Halls and he said there is one, and several others from minority groups. Sadly i cant remember their names right now, and its nearly 01:00 over here so hes asleep. Ill ask him again tomorrow and post those names.

Zaneatron
Jan 13, 2004, 07:52 PM
this guy here is from a TV show in england at least. the same guy made thunderbirds, with puppets and so fourth, but anyway he made a Tv show called Captain Scarlet. this here is captain black, and he aint that black :S except for his clothes

http://www.bbc.co.uk/cult/anderson/scarlet/images/340/black.jpg

i also thought the Green Lantern was asian....

MasterJoel
Jan 13, 2004, 08:30 PM
did captain planet and the planeteers not do justice for you people?

Sord
Jan 13, 2004, 08:57 PM
On 2004-01-13 16:41, shifter wrote:

On 2004-01-13 16:25, Sord wrote:
I actually hate the wiz kid more then static. I don't know their names, so bear with the wiz kid thing,

to which wiz kid are u refering to? r he/she/they in a show/movie/comic that we know? theres nothing better than a mutual hatred to a particular char./s u know?

The one that made the walkie talkies (and supposedly other gadgets) for Shock.

On 2004-01-13 17:30, MasterJoel wrote:

NO!!! GOD NO!!! NOT THEM!!! -twitch twitch twitch-

Bradicus
Jan 13, 2004, 10:20 PM
i also thought the Green Lantern was asian....

There are a few green lanterns... i think... the asian one is a kid right?

shifter
Jan 13, 2004, 10:50 PM
On 2004-01-13 17:57, Sord wrote:
The one that made the walkie talkies (and supposedly other gadgets) for Shock.

oooo, yea. now i know who ur talkin about. the dweiby(sp) white kid who suddenly got smart so he could still be used on the show. yea, he really blows. but sad to say, there r lamer side kids then him floating about.

polishedweasel
Jan 14, 2004, 12:00 AM
On 2004-01-13 17:30, MasterJoel wrote:

But Cap was blue. >_>

Meh.

anwserman
Jan 14, 2004, 11:15 AM
No, but the kids were of various ethnicity and origin. I'm looking up this information right now. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

The person who was "Earth" was black and from Africa.
The person who was "Fire" was white and from North America.
The person who was "Wind" was white? and from Eastern Europe.
The person who was "Water" is Asian, and is from Asia.
The person who was "Heart" is from South American, and is either spanish or Indian.

http://www.turner.com/planet/static/graphics/splashimage.gif

From Top, counter-clockwise.
Captain Planet, Heart, Water, Earth, Fire and Wind.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: anwserman on 2004-01-15 09:11 ]</font>

Anubis_
Jan 14, 2004, 01:28 PM
omfg.. captin scarlet.. i didnt know anyone else remembered him.. lol.. that used to come on sci fi channel along time ago.. along with the rest of those puppet shows and transformers..

I thought about the planeteers when i made this post.. I dont consider them superheros...

Forcing sunshine and a healthy attitude to your environment up ur ass at the speed of light.. GOOOOO Planet..!!!!

http://rds.yahoo.com/S=96062883/K=green+lantern/v=2/TID=DFIM_20/l=IVI/*-http://www.scifi.com/sfw/issue242/letters1.jpg

and this is the green lantern i was refering too..
But it doesnt matter what color he is.. All green lanterns kick mutha fukin ass..

I did not know one version of storm was white.. Has any one else heard of that??

Cheep
Jan 15, 2004, 12:49 AM
They're probably aren't many minority superheroes because the super heroes were mad long ago in North America when there wasn't much divirsity in the media. Now days people have put other races in television shows and commercials. I think McDonalds has gone totally African American in its commercails... I don't think there is enough of other minorities either. Just African. I also don't understand why they call people "black" and "white".No ones really black they're brown. THe only truly white people are albino, and they can be any race. Doesn't that just teach people they are the opposite of each other. Everyone originated in Africa...sort of. Um Pangea I guess. Anyway we're all human aside from race and religion.

kitomaka_ck
Jan 19, 2004, 12:09 PM
YEAH CAPTAIN PLANET!

Lookat dees

http://sinfest.net/comics/sf20000121.gif

http://sinfest.net/comics/sf20000128.gif

http://sinfest.net/comics/sf20000417.gif

Have fun

AUTO_
Jan 19, 2004, 07:08 PM
Shaft is a superhero to me, anyways.

Also, have you ever noticed some of the sports teams throughout the US?

Like the Savages, Redskins, etc.

...And if a mascot is ever a white dude--they make sure to shine a positive light.

It's going to be a hell of a long time before we see a sports team like the _______ Honkeys/Crackers.

(^ I'm white and that doesn't offend me, but for whoever it did offend...I meant no offense)

Dangerous55
Jan 19, 2004, 09:44 PM
Damn I forgot us white people put locks on every single human from making super heros. If black people want a black superhero then make one, same thing with everyone.

I always thought race didnt matter though, hmmm.

ABDUR101
Jan 19, 2004, 10:34 PM
When was the last time you saw a middle eastern superhero? =]

Sord
Jan 19, 2004, 10:36 PM
when will this thread die?

Dangerous55
Jan 19, 2004, 10:42 PM
On 2004-01-19 19:34, ABDUR101 wrote:
When was the last time you saw a middle eastern superhero? =]

Jebus.

VioletSkye
Jan 20, 2004, 12:23 AM
On 2004-01-13 13:48, Anubis_ wrote:

I have to disagree. LOL. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif (sorry it was just a funny pic I found online along time ago and never really had a chance to use)

http://www.thugopolis.com/superman.jpg

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VioletSkye on 2004-01-19 22:12 ]</font>

Gnarled_rose
Jan 21, 2004, 04:38 PM
And if a mascot is ever a white dude--they make sure to shine a positive light
Y'know, there's a college team made up of no white folk named the "fighting whiteys". Now, how's that for funny?
Seriously, though, I'd have to say that as far as the black superhero thing goes...THERE'S MORE TO LIFE THAN COMIC BOOKS!I think...