PDA

View Full Version : Introduction

RigelKent
Jan 14, 2004, 02:50 AM
Hi! Another long time site lurker turned first time poster here. I caught wind of that Stickman fanart competition, and, well, I just had to get a piece of the action.

By means of introduction, why don't I just recount a spammy and inane list of the hard life lessons I learned today?

When it comes to Mexican food, ignorance is bliss. Chorizo tastes and smells better if you don't know what's in it.

I used to say my friend's X-Box was big and loud. Now it's big, loud, and completely broken. At least Microsoft's customer service is good! Their service plan apparently covers the postage required to ship X-Boxes back AND forth for repairs under warranty. A wonder how they make any profit at all.

Mars and Venus apply to same-sexers, too. Biggest recent triumph for lesbians: Massachussets state supreme court decision blesses same-gender civil unions. Biggest recent triumph for queer guys: New Brawny paper towel guy (http://www.brawnyman.com/fun/history.html) is certifiably babe-a-licious. (The L.A. Times agrees! (http://www.azcentral.com/business/articles/1229towelguy29-ON.html))

The lesser of two fashion evils: I still can't decide what's worse, a baby blue Sato on my RAmar, or a Magical Piece on my FOmar. Hopefully Sonic Team won't let me put a Magical Piece on a male PSO character, thus sparing me much narcissistic distress.

Peter Jennings on ABC World News Tonight is SO liberal. But that's okay because I don't want a Wal-Mart superstore in my town either. And after the Wal-Mart piece, I heard the last nice things I'll ever hear about a 2004 Democratic presidential candidate on TV. Before a piece on the Simpsons. Man, I should've taped it.

With the addition of a USB card to support the ScanMaker I got as a present, I've got to have the most souped-up Pentium 133 in existence. It's like a Studebaker with leather seats and alloy wheels.

My Opera died, and I had to go crawling back to Internet Explorer. Can't admit to friends IE isn't nearly as bad as I was always making it out to be. Need to remind self to reinstall Opera whenever I can spare an overnighter watching a download bar. Somewhere, Bill Gates is smiling.

Final note to self: never tell my friend my RAmar's Deband is the same level as her HUnewearl's. I think she's trained her cat to bite cheeky visitors.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RigelKent on 2004-01-14 00:15 ]</font>