PDA

View Full Version : nifty method to getting common items.

ilr2000
Jan 14, 2004, 12:53 PM
I dont know if this has been said or done before, so I'm making this thread just to tell everyone about a new method I started using to get normal items like materials and photon drops.

It isn't overly elaborate. I just noticed how rappys drop items regardless if you kill them or not. I started doing fake in yellow runs, and I worked out a fairly fast way of getting all the items from the rappys. In a matter of a half hour to an hour... I found two PDS, over a dozen power materials, a luck material, and another dozen of assorted materials. Discovering this was really handy to me, because--ironicly--I find materials and photon drops more valuable than what one may consider a "rare".

The only reason why this works over normal playing is because most of the time monsters don't drop anything at all. That 100% drop rate certainly increases your chances for materials and photon drops.

BladeofDarkness
Jan 14, 2004, 01:17 PM
I've done this for awhile with my fomar, but I do it to find grinders and red handguns with hit, the best way to do it is to just use gizonde on them when you're far enough away. I haven't found an easy way for androids to do it, but then again I haven't really tried since all my huc gets are cross scars from rappies.

Lendis
Jan 14, 2004, 01:19 PM
I used to do this on Ult to make cash quickly for my force... Fluid addiction is a terrible thing.

good way to rack up materials and pd's, or the occasional decent rare depending on sec id.

Butoden
Jan 14, 2004, 01:31 PM
How to Quickly Dispatch Rappies with a Hunter

Step 1
Equip a Mechgun (or Handgun)
Step 2
With your Mechgun, run towards the Rappy, who's still sitting down, until you can target them. Rappy should get up.
Step 3
Now fire with mechgun, rappy gets hit, falls over but gets hit again, so he runs and leaves item.

I always do this, I also lay down traps and then run away enough for them to get up...

Dhylec
Jan 14, 2004, 02:44 PM
On 2004-01-14 10:17, BladeofDarkness wrote:
I haven't found an easy way for androids to do it, but then again I haven't really tried since all my huc gets are cross scars from rappies.

for a droid, gun usually can't hit all of them rappies:
the best way to get all of them is set a fire trap above them, then leave the room or get far away quickly enough so they get up & trigger the trap
voila, 4 birds w/1 trap! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

lain2k3
Jan 14, 2004, 03:05 PM
dealing with rappies with hunter...

equip a sword or partisan and kill them...

why the hell would you do anything else?

for forces, stand over the dead rappies, cast gifoie, run away. they will all be hit and drop stuff.

for driods, do the same with a fire trap.

ilr2000
Jan 14, 2004, 06:07 PM
On 2004-01-14 12:05, lain2k3 wrote:

for forces, stand over the dead rappies, cast gifoie, run away. they will all be hit and drop stuff.

well... the people were trying to come up with ideas to get rappies to quickly drop their items. Close ranged weapons wouldn't really allow this. It would still work if you ran away and came back.. but it overcomplicate the matter more than it needs to be.

anwserman
Jan 14, 2004, 06:31 PM
Depending on the amount of the wild birds running around, I shortcut any Zonde, slowly walk through the door to the room and cast it twice. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

lain2k3
Jan 14, 2004, 07:01 PM
rappies dont have enough hp to make killing them a slow process, unless you're a low enough level, in which case, you would be better of getting the exp.

doing all this stupid crap to avoid rappies is really pointless, imo.

ilr2000
Jan 14, 2004, 07:19 PM
On 2004-01-14 16:01, lain2k3 wrote:
rappies dont have enough hp to make killing them a slow process, unless you're a low enough level, in which case, you would be better of getting the exp.

You have absolutly no clue as to what your talking about. We're talking about stealing the items from rappies. Yeah... you could kill them really really fast, but you wanna stand around to wait for them to get back up? That'd be way to long. You could run a short distance and then run back.. but that overcomplicates it more than it needs to be. And when you start dealing with the dozens of rappies in the "fake in yellow" quest, you'll probably end up missing a few. With the zonde techs, I can rip through that quest in about five minutes or less, while succesfully nabbing all of the items the rappies have to offer.

KaFKa
Jan 14, 2004, 07:27 PM
heh, that is a nice little tidbit, although it IS just rappy slaying.

hell, you could even get yourself a pal rappy and be able to nab a decent rare http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

BladeofDarkness
Jan 14, 2004, 08:35 PM
On 2004-01-14 12:05, lain2k3 wrote:

Hmm, if you want to just kill them ofcourse the sword or partisan is best, but lets say you don't want to waste the extra 20-30 seconds it takes to do a full combo and then wait for them to get up. For humar/newearls just use gizonde like everyone else. and for casts/caseals the trap thing works or you can lure them all close to the door and then use a partisan/sword to kill them and then run out and run back in really fast and hit em all with the sword/partisan again. Your method for killing rappies with FOs is alot slower then using gizonde from a distance and then casting it again.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BladeofDarkness on 2004-01-14 17:36 ]</font>

Kupi
Jan 14, 2004, 09:41 PM
If you want the EXP as well, don't forget about Gifoie. A good level Gifoie (I'd say 20 and up) will hover over a pack of possuming Rappies long enough for you to run away (ideally through a door), make them stand, and get them beaned by the Gifoie instantly.

lain2k3
Jan 14, 2004, 11:23 PM
On 2004-01-14 16:19, ilr2000 wrote:

On 2004-01-14 16:01, lain2k3 wrote:

You have absolutly no clue as to what your talking about. We're talking about stealing the items from rappies. Yeah... you could kill them really really fast, but you wanna stand around to wait for them to get back up? That'd be way to long. You could run a short distance and then run back.. but that overcomplicates it more than it needs to be. And when you start dealing with the dozens of rappies in the "fake in yellow" quest, you'll probably end up missing a few. With the zonde techs, I can rip through that quest in about five minutes or less, while succesfully nabbing all of the items the rappies have to offer.

and I can rip through the quest in under 5 minutes by killing all of them, then setting a trap or gifoie and leaving the room. I get all items and all exp. in under 5 minutes.

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Flint
Jan 15, 2004, 06:07 AM
I did alot of Rappy runs with my Pinkal FOmar looking for an Agito (1975), found it on the 20th Pal. I think i made about half a million from items, found lots of power materials for my HUmar and managed to find about 35 Stag Cutlery's!! Got some nice percentages on some as well.... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Rafoie all the way!! Wait for a group to get knocked down, run away, they get up then go back and tag one of them with rafoie again. The blast hits practically everything in the room! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

ilr2000
Jan 15, 2004, 05:22 PM
On 2004-01-14 20:23, lain2k3 wrote:

and I can rip through the quest in under 5 minutes by killing all of them, then setting a trap or gifoie and leaving the room. I get all items and all exp. in under 5 minutes.

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_bored.gif

Talk.

lain2k3
Jan 15, 2004, 09:49 PM
huh?

when i kill rappies in a hard/special combo with my flowens 3084, its really not that hard to imagine, i wouldnt think....

either way, i'm still not seeing your point.

Mixfortune
Jan 16, 2004, 02:39 PM
Actually, FOmar Gifoie 29 (and 30, no doubt) with a Gifoie merge and Sorcerer's cane worked quite nicely for me (all legit).

The Rappies until only took 2 Gifoies Max, and it's easy enough to cast Gifoie on the fallen ones and run into a nearby door (since most of the rappies are near the doors anyways). 5 minutes a run is quite plausible, and more than possible. Besides, the exp isn't half bad if you're a lower level.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mixfortune on 2004-01-16 11:39 ]</font>