PDA

View Full Version : FanFic: The Demon-Kieran Trilogy: Part Two: Revelations

HunterKieran
Jan 14, 2004, 01:39 PM
((God damn, I've written more on the second part than I have the whole damn thing! I'm just going to combine the two posts for Part 2, and delete the others.))

Kieran Devaneaux made his way though the jungles of Ragol, double-bladed sword in hand. At 17, he was among the youngest Hunters currently on Ragol at this time. But he had the experience of people long dead. Heir to a throne long unoccupied (and most likely destroyed), Kieran spent nearly six years training to be a Hunter when he was sent to the distant world of Coral - which, too, was on its last legs. When Pioneer 2 left for Ragol, he had no idea he would be fighting for his life, had no idea that the legacy of a fallen Empire would come back to haunt him.

He also had no idea that he would be chased by...himself.

In the control room of the East Tower on Gal Da Val, two Forces were looking over an image of a ring with an eagle adorning it. "The Ring of Artimus," the Master snarled. "So, the priests of the fallen Empire think they've found Artimus' heir."

"The Reydovan Empire has been dead for centuries, Master," Demon-Kieran scoffed. "Why would we need to worry about them now?"

"Do not underestimate your reflection, Demon-Kieran," the Master warned. "He is a skilled fighter, and his technique use is impressive for one of his class. He will not be easy to dispatch. If he is the heir to the Imperial throne, this would mean trouble. But the time is not yet, my friend. You will know when..."

Demon-Kieran simply nodded, momentarily quelling his impatience.

After investigating for two more days, Kieran returned to the Principal's office. "This is not the paradise Pioneer 1 said it was, Principal Tyrell," Kieran reported solemnly. "The native animals are fiercely aggressive for reasons no one can adequately explain. Whatever's wrong here, I'm not sure anyone going down there or staying up here can find out what's going on."

"Keep investigating, maybe you will find something," Tyrell said. The Principal had been unable to sleep for days, worried about his missing daughter, Red Ring Rico. Kieran knew that Rico had left messages on Ragol - he had seen a few message beacons spread around the surface. But he was unable to understand what exactly was going on even with these messages.

"You probably could not understand even if it was in front of your nose," a familiar voice told him. Kieran was particularly surprised because that voice had been his own. He swung around to see an evil-looking reflection of himself. Wearing a black robe and holding an ornately carved rod with a half-circle Photon blade at its head, the Force was truly an awe-inspiring sight.

"Who are you?" Kieran demanded.

"Why, I am you, of course," the Force replied, "the way you should have been." With that, he swung his rod up, slicing across Kieran's right cheek and through his right eye, blinding him on that side. Enraged, Kieran drew his sword and lunged at the Force...

...but he fell flat on his face. Demon-Kieran had vanished.

Three years later...

On the top floor of the East Tower, Demon-Kieran watched as the machines began rebuilding the ruined Central Control Area of Gal Da Val. His blood-red robes flew in the wind - some of the windows on this level had not been replaced yet...

Looking down five hundred feet below, in the lowest area of the CCA, Demon-Kieran took note of a division of red armored HUcasts, tied to a central unit known as the "Demon's Will" - a bloodthirsty android Demon-Kieran had created. Giving the Will a natural killing instinct and all the knowledge of military tactics, it made the perfect general for his army of psychotic machines. In front of the androids were the Gilchics and Dubchics he had built based on the information he had found in the mines, and also the various machines of the Garanz and Sinow series. With this legion at his disposal, he would be unstoppable - and he would build an empire on Ragol with Tyrell and his ilk as his slaves...and his reflection mounted on a cane like a Hildebear. It's no more than he deserves, the evil Force thought.

On Pioneer 2, in the Principal's Office, Kieran Devaneaux and at least sixteen other Hunters, Rangers and Forces - including Kieran's "creation", which he dubbed "Kieran Mark Two" - were assembled to discuss the matter of Demon-Kieran's growing army.

"What can be done?" Tyrell demanded. "I cannot risk a war coming to Pioneer 2!"

"CONJECTURE: THE CALUS A.I. REPORTED THAT ONE OF THE OTHER PIONEER 1 COMPUTERS PROGRAMMED ITS MACHINES TO ATTACK PIONEER 2," Mark Two said. "IF DEMON-KIERAN HAS SOMEHOW GAINED POSSESSION OF THE VOL OPT OR OLGA A.I., HE CAN CONTROL ALL THE MACHINES ON RAGOL."

"The Vol Opt A.I. has been destroyed," Kieran's wife Celest objected. "He could not possibly have it - and the Olga A.I. was not recovered."

"That may be," spoke up one of the scientists from the Lab, "but Demon-Kieran also possesses a keen intellect and a natural ability to manipulate machines. If he gained control of an army of machines, he would have done so with some sort of 'custom' A.I., possibly one of his own design. Or he may have found the Olga A.I., though this is unlikely."

"The Olga A.I. was rumored to have been in the Seabed labs," Kieran said, his scientist's mind thinking over the possibilities. "It is possible Dr. Osto built the Seabed labs and did something to try to combine the Olga A.I. with something. Possibly some kind of test subject?"

"There was some mention of Heathcliff Flowen in the files you retrieved from the Vol Opt lab, Master Kieran," one of the Forces said. "Is it possible that the Olga A.I. was somehow integrated into Flowen's DNA?"

Kieran nodded grimly. "There is that possibility. And if this is the case, Falz will no longer be the only 'ultimate creature' we'll encounter."

"If Demon-Kieran gets a hold of that power, he can take over Pioneer 2 and use its citizens as his slaves," Lab Chief Natasha said. "If someone can infiltrate Demon-Kieran's stronghold in the CCA's East Tower and disable its A.I., it can immobilize his machines long enough for us to gather at least some strength to counter them before he can bring the West Tower's A.I. online - though they will still outnumber whatever we can muster."

Tyrell nodded, not liking this one bit. "Very well. Master Kieran, take your hunters, and get into Demon-Kieran's fortress on Gal Da Val. Stop him from implimenting whatever nefarious plan he's concocting. We need time to some how counter the Demon's legion, if at all possible."

The white-armored Hunter nodded. "Alright, ladies and gentlemen, you heard the man, and you know the drill."

"Lord Demon-Kieran," the Demon's Will reported smartly, "one of the scouts has reported a band of hunters on the island. Led by the reflection known as Kieran."

The Demon did not look surprised. "Epsilon..."

[WORKING, LORD DEMON-KIERAN]

"Lockdown the Central Control Area."

[ACKNOWLEDGED; LOCKDOWN IN PROGRESS]

Joshmaul - Kieran's lead Force - returned from the CCA's gates. "Master Kieran, the CCA is under lockdown. We must deactivate the island's security systems in order to enter the Central Control Area and get into the East Tower."

"There are three security locks," Celest said. "One in the mountains, one in the jungle, and one in the seaside. We will need to split up."

"Alright. Joshmaul, one of your Forces, and go to the seaside. Commander Victoria?"

"Yes, sir?" Victoria was the head Ranger.

"You and Mark Two take the jungle. Celest, come with me, we're going into the mountains. The rest of you, wait here, and let us know of any changes."

Several hours later...

Demon-Kieran sat quietly in his Photon Chair on the top level of the East Tower, smiling as his reflection tried to enter the Central Control Area. He would find that the security systems to deactivate the lockdown were heavily guarded by his machines. They were all probably dead by now. "Did you think I would make it easy?" the Demon said to himself, with a chuckle.

"Lord Demon-Kieran, the security lockdown has been deactivated!" the Demon's Will reported over the comm."They have deactivated the security systems...and there are at least fifty hunters entering the Central Control Area!"

"What?!" Demon-Kieran looked livid. "Order one division to surround the tower, and patrol its levels! DO NOT LET THEM IN!" he screamed, as he deactivated his red Photon Chair and picked up his staff. Gazing at the white-haired, white-armored Kieran leading three Hunters and two Forces towards the portal into the tower, his eyes went wide and gleamed with insanity. "Damn you..."

"Master, wait, listen." Joshmaul looked up. "Can you hear that?"

Sure enough, there was a voice in the air, screaming. To his horror, Kieran knew what it was. "RUN!" he shouted...just as six hunters were struck down by a powerful burst of Razonde. Their screams were short as they fell to the ground. Turning back, Kieran saw the others, some with big sweeping weapons like J-Swords, decimating the machine ranks, but more kept coming....

Demon-Kieran stood atop the East Tower, an evil grin on his face as he continued to cast Razonde and watched the machines fighting Kieran's cronies. "There will be no salvation for your beloved Pioneer 2, Kieran..."

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: HunterKieran on 2004-01-14 11:09 ]</font>