PDA

View Full Version : PSOX-US: XBOX Keyboard Adapter XBOX

Sailor_V_64
Jan 15, 2004, 01:31 PM
as anyone been able to buy any now that the new year is here? mine broke on Jan 2nd 2004 oh what fucking luck that was.

Ok i posted this once it got locked and sent to a topic that was discussing the GC keyboard problem.

I am talking about ths XBOX adapter not the GC one.
It seems impossible to find them nowadays

the offical site says they don't sell them anymore

Anybody know where i can get one?

Gwilym
Jan 15, 2004, 01:36 PM
...You can...

Build your own!
Xbox controllers work with a USB interface, and only have different shaped connections.
So, if you cut off one of the ends of your controllers , and then cut up a USB keyboard wire, match up the colours and solder, you should be set!

Or...You can just buy them off http://www.lik-sang.com. That's where I'm getting mine from.

A2K
Jan 15, 2004, 02:12 PM
http://www.xbox.com/en-us/pso2/keyboardadapter.htm

It looks like they're just out of stock at the moment. I'm pretty sure the offer is good for a couple more months still.

NiteOwl
Jan 15, 2004, 03:51 PM
Yeah, it says it's just out of stock and the offer doesn't expire until December 31, 2004. So you've got plenty of time.

ERS
Jan 15, 2004, 05:10 PM
I don't know because I don't have Xbox Live, but.. Why would you even want a keyboard for it? There's voice chat, which is probably a LOT better than communicating by typing.

ilr2000
Jan 15, 2004, 05:16 PM
On 2004-01-15 14:10, ERS wrote:
I don't know because I don't have Xbox Live, but.. Why would you even want a keyboard for it? There's voice chat, which is probably a LOT better than communicating by typing.

yeah... I have to ask the same. I wont question your need for the keyboard.. just... why not the live?

A2K
Jan 15, 2004, 05:47 PM
Well there are other uses for the keyboard. Simple mails, shortcuts, what have you. Minor chat things like that are made just that much simpler, you know.

Richard
Jan 15, 2004, 06:29 PM
I tried to order one of those around the beginning of December. At the time, the website claimed they had them in stock. Unfortunately, two days later I got the confirmation e-mail stating they recently went out of stock. That was disappointing...

Anyway, the offer is valid for another full year, so it seems only natural they eventually get more in stock... but I wouldn't hold your breath. They haven't gotten a restock in over a month, so they probably aren't getting a restock anytime soon.

NiteOwl
Jan 16, 2004, 09:33 AM
Pretty much the only reason I ended up getting the keyboard adapter was for the quest that required typing. But that was it, really.

Sailor_V_64
Jan 19, 2004, 12:53 AM
i tried sending a voice simple mail before it just kept being a blank mail and it wouldn't allow me to send.

dunno why though oh well proberly xbox's horrible coding.

Anyhoo well it's nice to know the ones of lik-sang do work. since they work with pso i'll proberly end up doing that

it's better than having the keyboard hooked to the controller anyhow.

Eviltar
Jan 19, 2004, 07:42 PM
On 2004-01-15 14:16, ilr2000 wrote:

On 2004-01-15 14:10, ERS wrote:

yeah... I have to ask the same. I wont question your need for the keyboard.. just... why not the live?

It makes the Reach for a Dream quest easier. With this quest, it is possible to get one Chu Chu mag cell per character.