PDA

View Full Version : About S-characters,,,,

navci
Jan 15, 2004, 05:37 PM
Now, I understand they have all these strengths and wekanesses... and prolly should judt pick what you like to play.... or something.

Just in general, can anyone kinda points out which character is just easier to use for offline running through the story mode? I'm still learning. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif Any help would be appreciated!

HaLLa
Jan 15, 2004, 05:46 PM
Well Hunter or Ark. Also what kind of deck do you want? HU, RA, FO so on?

navci
Jan 15, 2004, 05:58 PM
Doesn't really matter. I mean, to finish the game you have to play through both sides anyway, no? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

And... it doesn't matter which type of deck either. I have very limited number of cards so my decks are not really different in a different class. (whoa, that makes so much sense)

HaLLa
Jan 15, 2004, 06:05 PM
well its just like ep 1 and 2. HUs are easiest I would say. Then im not sure either RAs or FOs.

I would go with a hu person and if you dont care about their skills stick witht he main girl.

navci
Jan 16, 2004, 02:22 AM
Hehe. I knew I asked for a general opinion, but this is a bit too general. Hehe.

My current mission is to finish the offline game for the story, as well as build up a decent number of different cards so I can really able to make fun decks. So, I am asking what character might be best for such run through, both Arkz and Hunters.

Hm, I guess it helps if I am more specific. Say, how do you pick between... Kranz and Stella? Kranz has the EX bonus and Stella can run really fast, but what would be the deciding factor? Is running fast a good thing? Or, what os Glustar good for except for his FOnewm seksiness? Hehe. So.... yes. This is the kinda question I'd like answer for.

... Now for Arkz I have heard all around that Break is awesome. ... what about hunters? Again, help appreciated!

(played as Guykild today.. .. it was kinda tough)

Arislan
Jan 16, 2004, 02:25 AM
Sil'fer for Hunter Side, for a quick run (if you have some cards already) you can go with my fav, a Mag/Dagger deck, roast anything, and is great for those Pan-Arms/Guard decks.

Arkz, use Break, and focus on mid cost creatures (Hildebear works well). You'll likely learn to hate the AI partner, but with Hildebears abound, you'll blast through any 1v1 stage. Break is there essentially to get in an extra decent attack if you ned to, and to cast Techs from afar.

navci
Jan 16, 2004, 02:38 AM
Mag/Dagger deck? Have you written a guide for it also or can I get more information? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Got a Savitri recently. Er. I wonder if this is off topic but I was wondering how to use it so it would actually be useful??

Me so n00b. Hehe

HaLLa
Jan 16, 2004, 02:52 AM
For the mag dagger deck just put as many daggers as you can and 3 plain mags. They add 1 AP so thats more less like adding 2 for daggers.

Arislan
Jan 16, 2004, 02:56 AM
Quick guide

Sword x 2 (Or Dragon Slayer x 2)
Dagger x 3
Cross Scar x 1
Blade Dance x 1
Mag x 3
Shield x 2

Slash x 2 (for the swords in case you need it)
Guard x 3
Dodge x 3
SA Guard x 3

Saber Dance x 2

Fill in the rest with whatever you feel is missing, maybe a couple techs. General strategy is to get a shield up, then a mag or two for the daggers, and a Sword if the enemy likes using multiple small creatures instead of large ones. The daggers will tear through anything (the first attack will likely be defended against, so use a sword attack first) and quickly end fights before you realize they've started.

Savitiri isn't very useful. It can't be targetted by action cards, so it's safe from a lot of effects, but for the points cost, you're mostly better off with something more effective, like a Mag. Although, having a deck consisting only of cards that can't be affected by Action cards does sound nice...

navci
Jan 16, 2004, 03:07 AM
Ah, the problem I have with this deck of course is....
I don't have any thing you listed pasted the basic daggers and swords, don't even have 3 mags! I guess I'll see if I can fill it in with something else... so far, I have liked mechs, but then I guess I need to think through it to see if that works... hmm..

Thanks for info tho. ... Heh. My problem with asking advice around here is of course, everyone seem to have everything... well, a lot of things at their disposal, and it's kinda hard to go with really basic stuff... or I just really need to sit down and learn it better. :/

psojohndoe2
Jan 16, 2004, 03:18 AM
Arisland, I find Savitri quiet useful in offline play... Just make a deck to get a Savitri out + Dragon Slayers, and make sure to keep them as defended as possible, and combo Slash/Round Slay http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

If you're using Sil'fer this gives you:

3 AP (Sil'fer) + 4 AP (Savitri) + 4 AP (Round Slayer + Slash) = 11 dmg, in all 9 surrounding squares, more if the creatures are A. Beast or Dark (1.5 dmg from the Dragon Slayer)

And even if you don't have Round Slay + Slash at the same time, you can still get 9 dmg on 3 squares. Kind of cheap, but for offline, and getting cards fast, it works well. And if you don't have a Dragon Slayer, you can always replace it with Sword + Mag http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Side question.. Arislan = Arislan.. umm.. Tou Senki? Heroic Legend of Arislan, right? ^_^

HaLLa
Jan 16, 2004, 03:19 AM
I would fill in the empty slots with mechguns. They are very useful. Decent damage plus can attack 2 in a enemies in a row or 2 spaces away. Also I beleive if their hp or cost is 3 or below it does more damage.

Arislan
Jan 16, 2004, 03:22 AM
Heroic Legend of Arslan actually, but close. I actually messed up the name when I first learned it and thought there was an "i" where there wasn't. When I later discovered the mistake, I decided I liked it better the way it is, and stuck with 6it. Glad to hear another that knows about the series. ^_^

navci
Jan 16, 2004, 03:32 AM
If you're using Sil'fer this gives you:

3 AP (Sil'fer) + 4 AP (Savitri) + 4 AP (Round Slayer + Slash) = 11 dmg, in all 9 surrounding squares, more if the creatures are A. Beast or Dark (1.5 dmg from the Dragon Slayer)

Oh oh. Dragon Slayers and Round slayer and Slash are cards I have! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif Cool! I'll be sure to try that out next time I boot the game up.

Was just thinking, the mag/dagger type deck would probably do well with Orland, no? He was a bit frustrating to use when I had to use him...

Off on the side: I liked the poet guy (whose name I forgot) from Arislan. I have always liked the light-hearted semi-goofy kinda character. Heh

psojohndoe2
Jan 16, 2004, 04:34 AM
Any deck that uses alot of swords/daggers/sabers/etc is always good for Orland because of his bonus http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif I think +1 AP for every 2 blade type items out on the field?

Arislan: Have you read all the manga? ^_^ I have trouble finding it.

Arislan
Jan 16, 2004, 04:56 AM
I missed an issue somewhere along the way, haven't been able to find my old copies in year, I think I'll check around some Book Offs in the area for a new set.