PDA

View Full Version : Possible Auto-refresh fix (untested)

Arislan
Jan 16, 2004, 12:50 AM
I noticed a setting in IE that under Tools/Internet Options/ Security/ Custom Level/ Miscellaneous entitled "allow META REFRESH"

Now, I'm not sure what this does (maybe it just doesn't check for new META tags when it loads a page) but it may be worth a shot, given that due to some tag, the page is refreshing from a banner, and this may disable it. I rarely have this problem (just lucky I guess) so if someone else feels like testing it that it seems chronic on, be my guest.

LamerPanda
Jan 16, 2004, 08:34 AM
If it is a banner that's doing it, you could go into the hosts file and block the ad server and it should be okay, shouldn't it?

Pretty sure that's what I did back when I had banners (I still don't know where the heck they went). I never had a problem with auto-refresh in the first place, though.

HUnewearl_Meira
Jan 16, 2004, 02:53 PM
Eh! Looks like it works, LamerPanda!

Except when you already have the ad it asks for cached... Hmm... Research, research...

Black000Moon
Jan 20, 2004, 01:21 PM
I tested meta refresh odd. Well when its enabled for ex I click on forum index I am allowed to go there. When It's disabled I am not allowed to go there. Maybe its meant for clicking links to a certain part of the site or another site? I don't know I haven't tried it with putting in something in the address bar and have meta refresh disabled (to lazy)