PDA

View Full Version : Liers

Armok
Jan 16, 2004, 08:26 AM
Ok I know most ppl hate dupers yer but I hate a certain type of duper, The lying duper.

They go around saying how they found a BKB off a mothmert and such other rubbish to dum newbs. I just hate them. Also the worst liers are those that even have the cheek to post how Olga Flow dropped them a Dark bridge offline and such other nonsense. Y do these ppl do it it makes no sense.

HotWaterDeath
Jan 16, 2004, 10:01 AM
I hate chandeliers! I used to always bonk my head on the one at Golden Pizza (Those bloody oafs could've raised the stupid thing for a three-chord-rock-show, but NOO!). I say we, as the human race, should band together to break the vice like grip of faulty, faux candle holders powered by electricity that hang at dangerous heights.

I think you catch my drift...and check the new LiNKIINNNN P@Rk record, IT ROXXORs x10!!!!

-Luke-
Jan 16, 2004, 02:41 PM
Why the fuck did you try to hijack a perfectly good thread?
ON topic, yes. it is annoying, but hey, it makes them seem all impressive to newbs if said newb thinks that the duper is an amazing player. I had been on this forum lurking fer ages before I went online, but when I did I was lvl 20 something, and this guy offered to help me pwer-level. And the entire time he was telling me how to refine Al rappies and where he found all his weapons. And how there was a quest which gives %s, which was of course why he had 90% in several area weapons. I was just like uh huh. ok . right. After a while he got bored, and left the game, apparently I was just some weak gay noob...http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif
Luke

Firocket1690
Jan 16, 2004, 04:21 PM
Hmmm ...
I believe you're referring to liars... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif
I have a small circle of friends online PSO, and odn't have to deal with many outsiders.
But yeah, hate as you will.

Oh, and Luke, try to avoid usage of that happy word. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

anwserman
Jan 16, 2004, 04:27 PM
Hahahaha, I love disproving liars. With voice chat.

"Hey, where did you get that J-Sword from?"
"It dropped in the forest!"
"Really, because this chart I have here, with data ripped from the game, states that it only drops from a Gi-Gue in Episode 2 on Ultimate mode from a Skyly ID with 1/13,000 chance of it dropping! Thats so cool how this nifty chart is wrong."
"Shut up queer."

Ah, the life of playing legit. Mostly legit. I've traded for technique disks in my day, but at least I know how rare some disks are and I've traded many items for those things. And to tell the truth, the highest disk I have that I didn't find yet was a Megid 30, the rest of the level 30 disks I've found during runs.

Resta
S/D/J/Z

Liquid_Bacon
Jan 16, 2004, 04:42 PM
Ah, the daily task of trying to explain to somebody that, no, they didn't find that TJ Sword/Red Ring/Crazy Tune/Egg Blaster/Lavis Blades/etc...

HUnewearl_Meira
Jan 16, 2004, 04:48 PM
I've had a buddy since High School that will lie without realizing it. He's told a few goodies. Here's some examples.

Claims to be a close, personal friend of Bill Gates, after successfully hacking into Microsoft's office network.

Claims to know, and be good friends with Arnold Schwartzenegger.

Claimed to have AOL 6.0 when I was beta testing AOL 4.0.

Claimed to have a Pentium IV when Pentium II's were first released.

Claimed to own a Dreamcast SDK, and that he'd used it to decompile PSO, and make his own version of it.

Claimed to have put myself, as well as a number of our other friends into a fighting game, that we never ended up seeing. Using Yearbook pictures for samples, no less.

Claimed that the XBox version of PSO would include vehicles. When called on this lie, he insisted that this was stated in XBox Magazine.

Claimed to have hacked his neighbor's FBI file, to include a suggestion that this individual knew the location of Jimmy Hoffa's body. Further claimed to have witnessed FBI agents beating on the man for information (*SMACK!*SMACK!* "Where the hell is Jimmy Hoffa?!" *SMACK!*).

Claimed to be in an ROTC, when he very much wasn't.

Claimed to have gotten so pissed off (due to low blood sugar) while at an ROTC one weekend, that he angrily tore apart a tank and a transport with nothing but a pocket wrench. Also claimed that there was a video of this on the web, on his ROTC's website (which indeed, the domain itself didn't exist, when I checked it that night).

Then there's the lie that confuses me most of all. I asked him about this huge, gnarly scar on his gut. He claimed he was born with his intestines hanging out, and they had to put them back in, and sew him up. I later found out from someone who'd heard the story from his mother, that the truth was that he'd been in a car accident at a very young age, and needed corrective surgery immediately afterward. Why he felt the need to lie about that, I will never understand.

Gnarled_rose
Jan 16, 2004, 04:53 PM
Say, I know someone like that. No lies as dramatic, but he lies nonetheless. It's really kind of funny listening to him, and you know it would break his little heart if you proved him wrong, but now he's old enough to admit that he could be wrong.
Why don't we get the perspective of some liars in here? Shake things up a bit?

_Ted_
Jan 16, 2004, 07:16 PM
Those people are pathological liars, people how believe their own lies, its a mental disorder, kind of a weird one though.

Inu_Ranma
Jan 17, 2004, 02:31 AM
This statement is a lie.

Just think about that for a few minutes. You'll understand.

_Ted_
Jan 17, 2004, 03:15 AM
Thats like saying "I lie about everything." If its true then you must be lying about it, in which case it would be false meaning that you could be telling the truth, but telling the truth would then be a lie. Think about that until your head explodes.

polishedweasel
Jan 17, 2004, 03:25 AM
On 2004-01-16 16:16, _Ted_ wrote:
Those people are pathological liars, people how believe their own lies, its a mental disorder, kind of a weird one though.

And just because it's a mental disorder doesn't mean you can't make fun of them. I knew people like that in High School. I think they do it to feel better about themselves. Meh :

-Luke-
Jan 17, 2004, 07:01 AM
Yeah, last year, in the early GBA days, in church my friend told me that both FF7 and FF tactics would be on GBA. FF7 on two cartidges apparently. I said ok, that would be cool. Now, whenever I ask him about it he denies all existance of such a conversation....
although FF7 on GBA would r0><0rz
Luke

Firocket1690
Jan 17, 2004, 05:31 PM
Well, luke, FFT is already out :wink:

Now, by some crazy chance they rerelease all these games out on a GBA ...

Think about it this way, FF7 came out on 3 discs.
a CD holds about 750 MB. Three discs, 2250MB worth of data for Final Fantasy 7.

one of those little GBA cartriges holds anywhere from 12 to 16 MB, depending on the game.

Yes, I hack my GBA games out of boredom, I know these things. Gameshark ver. 2.0 ^^

Armok
Jan 18, 2004, 06:53 AM
Another person has posted bragging about finding a Olga gene flow on GFaq again today. How i do pity them.

As for liars in the real world. I used to know a kid that told u he would get *insert film hardman* to beat me up everytime he got slightly angry. Brilliant for a laugh.

-Luke-
Jan 18, 2004, 07:30 AM
On 2004-01-17 14:31, Firocket1690 wrote:
Well, luke, FFT is already out http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Now, by some crazy chance they rerelease all these games out on a GBA ...

Think about it this way, FF7 came out on 3 discs.
a CD holds about 750 MB. Three discs, 2250MB worth of data for Final Fantasy 7.

one of those little GBA cartriges holds anywhere from 12 to 16 MB, depending on the game.

Yes, I hack my GBA games out of boredom, I know these things. Gameshark ver. 2.0 http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Yes I know Tactics is out, which is actually why I asked him again about FF&, but you have to think, Disk 3 doesn't have anywhere near as much material as the others. I mean, disk 1 and 2 were filled up, but 3 wasn't, simply because most of the plot was done. I don't know how MUCH of 1-2 was used, and how little of 3, but I think I am right. I hope. Maybe. Kinda.
Luke

kitomaka_ck
Jan 18, 2004, 10:25 AM
Ah, an ass named Jeremy Fields, the main thing I remember him lying about is when me and Kory were talking about LoZ:A Link to the Past, he said the 6th dungeon involved floodgates and water canals and that you swim through them to get to a secret dungeon. I was like, "What the hell."